Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Proposed Weekly Event: Arena Saturdays!

Smile Re: Proposed Weekly Event: Arena Saturdays!

Hello, I'll present what I've seen from the arena event of this fist day of may.
    LungTien was there, with Runos, Ricar, Selarth, Emeriss, Konoc, Morphaz, Azu, Nyoko, Rorix, Starstilanxs, Nambroth and Starlight. -RP on-
    The first fight has seen Emeriss and LungTien duelling. The adult shown his great agility, and was able to take on the black ancient. Emeriss offered to spare LungTien, but this one wanted to fight until the end. Finally, LungTien managed to defeat the adult, which was truely a worthy opponent and deserved to get the victory. LungTien thinks his victory wouldn't have been if Emeriss hadn't offered his mercy.
    The second duel opposed the noble ancient Rorix and the wicked adult Selarth. After a deadly struggle, Rorix had almost killed his foe, but offered to spare Selarth. This one agreed, before to heal himself and step away from the center of the arena.
    LungTien and Selarth struggled for the third battle. The black adult succeded to let the helian dragon barely alive, before to fear him, probably willing to make him suffer from his wounds and being unable to react. But, when he choose to deliver the final blow, LungTien, tightening his teeth, reacted swiftly, and feared the wicked one at his turn. Then, the ancient recovered his health, before to strike back, and managed to overcome Selarth.
    For the fourth match, Runos confronted Emeriss. After a moment, it appeared that the old dragoness was quite a match for the agile adult, and Emeriss surrendered, letting the victory to Runos.
    The fifth fight has seen Runos and Selarth fiercely struggle. After five minutes, the wise Runos was defeated by the evil Selarth, not without a brave fight.
    Starstilanxs encountered Selarth for the sixth match. The duel was brutal, but the wicked adult managed to win.
    The indefatigable Selarth and Morphaz fighted for the seventh duel. The two dragons did well, but Morphaz suddenly disappeared during the battle. The reason remains unknown. -RP off-
    Well, I hope everyone enjoyed these fights, and I think all of the combatants fighted well and proved their merit and their skill. I hope I have reported that event well.

Default Re: Proposed Weekly Event: Arena Saturdays!

you did Lung thy for reporting.

btw- did anyone take a doping control from Rorix before the fight..?
    just a question
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Rorix wasn't here this time, but LungTien said he didn't use any illicit magic buffs, and the others neither. He isn't sure about Selarth, though.

Rorix was there for one fight vs Selarth. And he doesn't drug himself. Only his food.

As for me and Emeriss leaving, the reason is rather simple. As far as I knew, the rules were

"No gold rage, no 'epic' spells, no unique out of the game crystals and no abilities the opponent doesn't have."

In Emeriss' case, runos was using some kind of nature damage crystal that added 50 damage per strike.

When I fought Sel he used his fear on me twice, the second time would have been my death as he waited out his ability recycles/heals.

Ah, well.

We'll have to be fixed about these rules for the next event, this saturday, and before the first fight...

Unhappy Re: Proposed Weekly Event: Arena Saturdays!

Well, I hope I won't be alone in the arena...

This looks interesting.

A friend of mine suggested the following rules could be considered for the arena:

1. Perhaps disallowing Blighted Gear, a bit like the disallowing of certain crystals?
    2. Perhaps disallowing epic weapons?
    3. Perhaps disallowing any buffs you cannot cast upon yourself?

I'd go into more detail like he did. He really knows what he's talking about and I just... don't. So relaying suggestions is a little hard. But I think that was basically it XD

~Galde

Unhappy Re: Proposed Weekly Event: Arena Saturdays!

I'm sorry to have left at the beginning, but I was really not in the mood... will someone make a report of the fights?
    Can we still use abilities like Spiked Scales VIII, the ones we get upgraded with the ARoP?
    I don't think to make prizes for winners would be wise, as we should do it only for fun.

I won't complain about things like spiked scales (as they are avoidable) or Drainstrike 8 (the difference is not THAT huge). But dragon fear gives an ancient/adult who has it such a huge advantage, I have seen it saving an opponents hide many times and it got me killed often enough because people just wait the full 45 seconds for all their mass damage abilities to recycle, then fire them all while I can't move.

I know it's a debatable matter when fighting someone like Selarth, because that's just the thing he would do.

ICly, LungTien wouldn't mind to use PC+BoFB+DW+... against Selarth.

Here are the rules that we generally use to ensure a fair fight.

1: Gold Rage and Flame Burst are not authorized.

2: Generally, Epic items, such as Primal Vengeance/Eminence scales, and demon/valkor equipment are not used, but may be done so, if both duelists agree to it.

3: Primal Cast and Drulkar's Wrath, are to the duelists' discretion to agree upon.

4: You may not use potions/buffs that you cannot cast on yourself, unless both duelists agree to it.

5: In regards to abilities like Gold Shield, and the Ancient abilities, that is to the duelists' discretion.

6: You are not permitted to use crystals such as the dim crystal of might, sugent crystals, or the misty crystals unless both duelists agree to it, basically, the rare, powerful crystals that are no longer in game.

7: In the event that someone does not have a replacement scale for their special scale the duelists have the option of determining if an analagous scale will be removed.

That's all I can think of right now, but if you have questions, feel free to ask ^-^

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

One thing I have wondered, though, is how to handle restrictions for multiclassed rating 500 bipeds. I did a single test fight against Shaol ( i think ) last week with my 50 KNOC/20cleric/20 mage... and already felt lame for using perfect spell+binding crystals. =\

Default Nice idea

The Op's idea sounds like a good one. At least it would be something to get folks together where they could interact a bit. Maybe get to know eachother a bit instead of being everyone's stranger like it often is.

Personally I cannot attend because I ALWAYS work weekends (no exceptions), have no idea where this island is, and it would be COMPLETELY out of character for Shinkuu. (She is a killer not a fighter...She would consider that sort of thing to be in very bad taste for her to be involved in) That said though, I still think it is a very good idea and maybe a spawning point for other events of slightly different sorts.

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default Re: Nice idea

This coming Saturday, on the 22nd, I'm canceling the arena in favor of the community meeting at the same time.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    This coming Saturday, on the 22nd, I'm canceling the arena in favor of the community meeting at the same time.
    What will this community meeting look like? and where?

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I posted about it under community.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

This sounds really cool. Are these still going on? I've been thinking about joining the RP Shard. Where is the Arena anyway?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

I've not heard that they're being cancelled or anything, so yes I think they're still happening.

The Arena's... I'm not even sure it's on the map. XD You can reach it by teleporting though. You know the Spire near Dalimond? It looks like a big, grey, wonky tower thing with wrecked buildings on top. There's a portal to the Arena at the top of that.

Smile Re: Proposed Weekly Event: Arena Saturdays!

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    I've not heard that they're being cancelled or anything, so yes I think they're still happening.

The Arena's... I'm not even sure it's on the map. XD You can reach it by teleporting though. You know the Spire near Dalimond? It looks like a big, grey, wonky tower thing with wrecked buildings on top. There's a portal to the Arena at the top of that.
    Indeed, that was just cancelled this may 22th. There should be one the 29th.

Thread Information