Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious crashing on Order

Default Serious crashing on Order

Just entered the game on Order shard and was shocked servers were up so early and after about an hour i decided to start attunements. I flew to chiconis from Feladan easily and attuned but when i flew W into the new regions i got to spires gate and attuned. then the trouble began. went just S and W heading now for dalimond and brist and crashed.

since the crash i cannot log in (it crashed on receiving land every time) despite full scans and more there seems to be some serious issues with the new areas

other than the new regions that were redone i had no other issues in game and things seemed ok. It was fun being the first and only person on for about 10 minutes tho!

anyhow thought id post this..DONT enter some new areas just yet or you may get your char perma stuck til its fixed!

Also does anyone know if recall on login is still an option somewhere?

Default Re: Serious crashing on Order

Have you cleared your world cache folder by completely deleting the folder?

If you delete the folder world_cache, that ensures that you have the correct version of the assets needed for the area.

The "recall" option you asked about is only available if you use the old website play.istaria.com. From there you can recall to bind spot. Note you will still need to then use the launcher to log in.

you bet i did =) ill retry and give it another shot just in case..ill edit here on the results

Result was it again crashed on receiving land..at 69 go figure >_> but cleared cache+full scanned as well. also others having this and used forced recall to escape the issue.

let me know if theres anything else to try/anything i can do to help =)
    Last edited by Akuluxtraxas; February 11th, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Exclamation Re: Serious crashing on Order

ya i cant even log in all the way i get as far as loading land then it crashes....

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Have you cleared your world cache folder by completely deleting the folder?

If you delete the folder world_cache, that ensures that you have the correct version of the assets needed for the area.

The "recall" option you asked about is only available if you use the old website play.istaria.com. From there you can recall to bind spot. Note you will still need to then use the launcher to log in.
    well i tryingthis now and see what happens ...running patch now

Forced recall works fine to escape the crash area but as far as i know still cannot login there. tried 10 times no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas View Post
    Forced recall works fine to escape the crash area but as far as i know still cannot login there. tried 10 times no go.
    what area is crashed...i think i loged out in bris

thats one ive heard players cant login to. theres a few more near that region as well

ok well that didnt work so im gonna try one more thing...ill let you know if it works

it will take a bit tho befor i know what happens

We're working on trying to diagnose what is happening with Order. I've confirmed that there is indeed an unexpected crash bug around Bristugo... now just have to figure out what and why.

Logged in fine, then recalled to Bristugo and crashed.
    Tried logging in again several times, but keep crashing as soon as land/buildings start to load.
    Bristugo is my bind point, so using the "recall option" on the old website won't help me any....
    Seems I'm stuck there until this issue is solved...:-(

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    We're working on trying to diagnose what is happening with Order. I've confirmed that there is indeed an unexpected crash bug around Bristugo... now just have to figure out what and why.

Could it be the system is overloaded by all the folks that logged out in bristugo, including me and all my alts?

Players on Order will need to log out and patch their game file in order to fix this problem.

You may also need to clear your world cache (again) to make sure.

I've confirmed that the new terrain.def file which you will get when patching starting now (ok, so 5 minutes or so ago) removes the crash issue. I always clear world_cache between tests, though, to make sure nothing in that is "corrupt", so I can't tell you for sure if that step is needed or not.

What I can say is that the crash bug is fixed.

ok well im patching the pach has been taking a long time tho so i guess ill see what happens when it finnaly finshes

I still cant get on the game cras as it starta loading land

I was able to log in without any issue.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

no probs here either- all 4 chars arrived without probs:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwing View Post
    I still cant get on the game cras as it starta loading land
    Probably best to submit a support ticket for this if you have cleared your world cache in the launcher and are still crashing. Which character are you loading on Order? And do you remember what location you were at? If something is missing from the patch, perhaps it is missing at the exact point you are. Submitting the crashing character(s) might help find out what is wrong.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Had a similar problem trying to walk to Dalimond.
    Cleared world cache with no luck.
    Deleted prefs folder (made a backup). no luck.
    Tried different character, logged in and crashed on the way to Dali.
    That made two chars not able to be logged in successfully.
    After that I got grumpy and went to bed.
    Tried this morning and all works fine, maybe the people having problems need to throw a reboot into the mix as well.

Thread Information