Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: February 2010 Content Update

Default Re: February 2010 Content Update

Per Blight Update 175

Mental Bane will now work with any ranged spell instead of only ones using the Mind skill

While I was testing things last night (Order shard, improved primal bolt) I ran through my different bolt spells and the mental bane tech never activated. I saw procs from my other bolts (romp, primal flash, gale) but nothing from the mental bane bolt. Did this fix make it to live?

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Per Blight Update 175

Mental Bane will now work with any ranged spell instead of only ones using the Mind skill

While I was testing things last night (Order shard, improved primal bolt) I ran through my different bolt spells and the mental bane tech never activated. I saw procs from my other bolts (romp, primal flash, gale) but nothing from the mental bane bolt. Did this fix make it to live?

Dracaena
    I don't think it will show up like Primal Flash. Those proc an effect, Mental Bane simply adds damage. The only way you might see it is if the damage type changed to mind.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I don't think it will show up like Primal Flash. Those proc an effect, Mental Bane simply adds damage. The only way you might see it is if the damage type changed to mind.
    There was no mind damage in my log. I saw the crush damage reported when I used the bolt with romp and the slash damage when I used the bolt with gale. The mental bane tech'ed bolt showed only the bolt damage same as the others without any bonus damage.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    There was no mind damage in my log. I saw the crush damage reported when I used the bolt with romp and the slash damage when I used the bolt with gale. The mental bane tech'ed bolt showed only the bolt damage same as the others without any bonus damage.

Dracaena
    Just means it didn't fire. It has a low chance, even lower than the others.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon, I use mental bane from the first moment I got it-
    can`t count how often.
    Never saw the effect.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Amon, I use mental bane from the first moment I got it-
    can`t count how often.
    Never saw the effect.
    Gotcha... Okay, I'll change it to work more like Primal Flash (as a kicker).

Thread Information