Thread: Attunment

Hybrid View

Default Re: Attunment

I have very fond memories of the attunement quests under the pre-merge worlds so I'm not opposed to attunement to all the new player communities that were added with the shard merge.

I did wonder at the time why those didn't require attunement.

I will agree that I think the attunement to the racial cities could have been skipped, but there probably is some design reason and logical progression from leveling that directs you from one racial city to another, once you hit certain levels.

In this matter, I can say I would support the suggestion of some grandfathering of characters with ratings/level in any class to be auto-attuned to those RACIAL cities or just not require attunement to any racial city.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Yea Creme - like it was on day one - noattuenement for the racial "standard" cities, just attuenments for all of the player cities (at the time - I knwo since them some player cities have come out I dindt need to attuene to..or at least it felt like it hehe).

But yea, IF the revamp is what is responsible for the need to reattune - then there is no reason at this point to think that any other tier won't require re-attunement - so yes Dralk, Aug, etc. will get there if nothing changes.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    I knwo since them some player cities have come out I dindt need to attuene to..or at least it felt like it hehe.
    The first town that comes to mind when I read this was Aiya just a bridge crossing away from Morning Light.
    While a source of much relief for people wanting or needing to attune to Morning Light (loads of hatchlings for their RoP comes to mind) it is still a shame it never required attunement as it is a player town!!
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Yea when there were fewer player cities you had to attune to each one as it came out, at first. But it seemed that the trend after that was when they released big islands of them (Or sections), the attunement requirement wasn't as consistent (If not thrown out at all...).

Which is why this seems even more...backwards. :/ (I know you don't agree DB I's just sayin is all )
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Personally I think that all towns were players can have a plot or lair must be attunement required.
    I do not agree with the fact that the older towns were, but the newer generation (to the mainland connected) or every guild community are free to travel to.
    I would even have preferred that there be only 1 minor difficulty low level quest to attune all portals for the entire island and all towns with can be reached on foot on the Istarian mainland attunement required by default.

Despite of what people may think about my standing in the attunement discussion I do believe that the racial towns should be non-attunement required at all times. Be honest are we an empire / alliance or not? However I do think that the devs have probably done this for a reason and because of this I decided not to let it bother me and simply have fun during the travelling from Kion to Chiconis. Just one character at the time.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information