Thread: Fall Festival Candy!

Default Fall Festival Candy!

Hello all,

I have been gathering candy at the current fall festival and I am thrilled it is back in game, but there is one thing I have noticed, mostly with people who are new to the festival. Most do not know how to gain costumes and masks, they have never experianced using lore tokens for formulas. So they get confused or dont even know what to do when the seller will not accept their coin. I looked at what the Npc says and they also do not mention that the candies are needed for purchasing the costumes. others are confused on how candies are used for the wearing of costumes.

mainly I think the trading thing needs to be more clear. would hate to see someone unable to figure out how to get masks or costumes all us oldies love

~Agua

Post Re: Fall Festival Candy!

Good on you, Agua! About time somebody gave a thought to new players and their perceptions/experiences in the game! Too often us oldies forget what it was like and how confusing it all seemed.

Nia
    Chronicles of the Twisted Guild : Blight Shard
    Mutiny on the Bounty Guild : Chaos Shard

Default Re: Fall Festival Candy!

You're absolutly right.

There is also another way to look at this all.

When we are having fun killing zombies and spiders the new players could also talk to the other players.

I think I might have a sollution.

When you log in there is a message about which game version you are running. Would it be possible to load a message of the day which you then at a later point can view by typing /motd

The load screen also would do this. Having random (read: actually useful/helpful) information would be nice.

AYe I've often tried to point out when the topic came up that the use of multiple currencies in this game is VERY confusing - even for an elder player like me - I never quite know what currency and what rate I'm suppose to be trading at.

It all needs to be simplified into preferrably ONE currency (seems to be heading this way with the recent changes to lore tokens and such) - though I have no idea if the engine can even do something like "five candies" as a "price" on special event items.

But having all the cross currencies is just very confusing.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

i think a simple when you try to buy the costume with coin the message is something like.. i do not accept coin.. as payment for (insert costume name) just change to I do not except coin for costumes/masks please trade candie to purchase

Thread Information