Thread: Missing combat messages when being attacked

Default Missing combat messages when being attacked

This happens constantly and mostly with monsters who are casting on you. No damage numbers are being listed in the combat log, your health goes down but you don't know what attacks are hitting you. Melee does not seem to be an issue here, only spells from monsters.

To see this issue simply go fight Skulks in Spiritous Swamp and you will know what I am stating once you attack the Blood mages.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Default Re: Missing combat messages when being attacked

oooh, you uncovered the secret behind the sudden unexplained deaths in the swamp skulk territory!
    i just learned not to stay still anywhere near the skulks territory in the swamp, where they could spawn out of your direct view.

Nah it's not the server / client load issue, that would be something that happens randomly. This happens with all spells cast that land on you. Never ever do you see them show up as damage within your combat window, but can see melee even when all items are turned on for combat spam.
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

I recently lost my life in the cave of Queen Shaloth in a one-hit dead attack (I presume), but nothing was mentioned in the combat logs apart from the regular casting of the various shields that Mylocs like to use.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Think the no combat message in the myloc colony has always been there. I still don't know what attack it is but you suddenly find yourself hurting when traveling through there. I just keep a breeze up and expect it, and I think Shaloth has the heavy duty extra strength version of that.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Think the no combat message in the myloc colony has always been there. I still don't know what attack it is but you suddenly find yourself hurting when traveling through there. I just keep a breeze up and expect it, and I think Shaloth has the heavy duty extra strength version of that.

Dracaena
    No, she doesn't. The quests from Gaileach give you a hint of how Shaloth heals herself and how you can prevent it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

This is a generic defect for all casters not associated with specific encounters thats why I suggested for Amon to test against the caster Skulks as its easy to reproduce this issue but any caster mob works this way it seems. Having spells not show up as damage entries in the combat chat window when they hit you is a defect.
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, she doesn't. The quests from Gaileach give you a hint of how Shaloth heals herself and how you can prevent it.
    I was actually thinking of that nasty one shot she can do if you accidentally get her attention going by, not actively engaging her in a fight. Though I haven't been back there recently for russian roulette.

Dracaena

Wind golems are the perfect example of how to die without knowing whats hitting you since half of their attacks don't get logged in the logs

Quote Originally Posted by Calmar View Post
    Wind golems are the perfect example of how to die without knowing whats hitting you since half of their attacks don't get logged in the logs
    I can see two of their abilities not showing up... Galewind and Refreshing Breeze. But the others, Squall and Wind Blast, seem fine to me.

One problem we encounter is that if an ability is assigned to use an animation and the monster doesn't have that animation, then the combat message fails to be displayed. We're working on fixing it, but there's no current ETA.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information