Thread: "Acceleration" (Wizard ability)

Default "Acceleration" (Wizard ability)

wThere was some discussion floating around (mainly on Blight I think), but I just wanted to clear this up (wasn't sure where to pop this but here goes)...
    I'm pretty sure this passive ability IS currently working as intended, atleast on Chaos. The description only mentions spells, not abilities, and I've been hunting some Shadow Spiders (OT: for the purpose of making the Group Cure Poison) and as far as I can tell, it removes the appropriate 10% off all spell timers.
    For example, I cast a 5min timer spell, and sure enough, it starts to count down from 4:30. And if I cast a 1 min timer spell, it'll start from 54secs. I've tried both healing, damage spells and debuffs. So just wanted to say, it IS working, so please don't stuff around with it

On a side note: Is it possible to have those Cure Poison spells work on other Poisons aswell?
    Last edited by hallucin8; March 4th, 2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: side note, spelling
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Default Re: "Acceleration" (Wizard ability)

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    On a side note: Is it possible to have those Cure Poison spells work on other Poisons aswell?
    They work on any poisons their tier or below.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It's working. I remember I reported it broken and did a few tests back then that made me think it was.

However, when testing before Chaos & Order got patched after I reported it, it seemed to be working. I prolly was somewhere else with my mind when I reported it

Though I remember Amon saying it was confirmed to be 'broken' not sure if that was based on my post saying it was bugged or not.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    They work on any poisons their tier or below.
    Should that include something like the Shadow Spiders Disorentating Venom? As it stands the Greater Cure Poison will not remove or provide immunity from it. I would suggest the spell is t5, and the discription suggets the venom is t3, and I haven't got any techs on the spell. My normal heals with cleanse, and of course the Detox Self ability, both remove the Venom though.

Thanks Dakoren, wasn't going to point fingers

OT (again): Can you please confirm for me, Amon (or anyone), that the Shadow Spider Venom does drop from the Shadow Spiders NW of Aug?
    Last edited by hallucin8; March 4th, 2010 at 08:11 PM.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Yes, I have gotten shadow spider venom from the shadow spiders north of Augh.

Thaalia of Order

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    OT (again): Can you please confirm for me, Amon (or anyone), that the Shadow Spider Venom does drop from the Shadow Spiders NW of Aug?
    Yep they do drop from them. Its a very rare drop so be patient
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Thread Information