Thread: Coming back after a long long time

Default Coming back after a long long time

Well few questions, I played beta and release for a bit but then left for a long time. Came back a bit later only to leave once again.

However I have always had this game in the back of my mind and have checked in on it now and then. Now a days I have more time to play the game.

However a few questions,

Have they addressed the Memory leak that was bad when the game first came out?

Of the two servers is there an active community on both that helps welcome newer players? I don't mind doing things by myself now and then but need to have folks to talk with to keep it fun and to do other things with as well.

Are there still plots open as well to be built on? The main thing I loved in this game was crafting and the way it was done and the building plots.

Are there still world wonders/bridges etc that you can work on as a group. I understand most would be done but do that add more now and then as well?

Also can you be just a pure crafter or do you need to have some adventure school as well to defend yourself while you gather resources to craft?

If so what would be a good solo adventure school to look into?

Last thanks for any and all help/suggestions.

Default Re: Coming back after a long long time

The memory leak issues are better. The client has been made Vista/Windows 7 compatible, and is still being worked on to improve performance and squish more bugs.

I can only speak for Chaos, which has a very active new player assistance channel, that almost has as many people as the marketplace chat has, which is the default chat channel for general goings-on.

Plenty of available plots.

Currently there are many new world projects requiring construction, mainly craft machines out in the fields with various resources.

For crafting it's best to have at least one adventure school leveled up same level as craft or higher since it helps you wear gear (when in low level craft schools), have more health and armor use, and some skills to defend yourself in the resource fields which are guarded. Adventure schools will raise your stats such as stength, power, etc which gives a boost to crafting skills.

Yes, Memory leak is "better" - but it is still there (recent Rant Forum posts regarding crashing, which some still have issues with). Things are constantly being updated and actually you just arrived after the entire Tier II revamp! But the memory leak I think is mostly engine related and ultimately we'll never get rid of all of it without a new engine .

For Order - we are a smaller server than Chaos but still active - plenty of active chat channels and everyone is usually very helpful. Marketplace and Dragon are the most active, and dragon is both RP and OOC (so don't be surprised if you see RP going on but don't feel like you can't ask questions either).

On order also plenty of plots to build on, of varying prices. Plenty of lairs as well even within main city limits!

The Order Forum has an active thread where all community projects are listed - you can check there to see what is ongoing. They tend to get built pretty quick due to our great coalition of builders (I'm not one of those lol) - but you can find what is needed there.

I can't speak for bipeds and crafting and adventuring. Never played one. But overall, as a dragon, its probably very helpful to have adventuring levels for those times when the field you want to harvest from has baddies in it.

However, I've known dragons to level to 100 Dcraft with much smaller adventuring levels. I wasn't one of those so I have no idea how they did it .

The biped forum would probably be your best bet when discussing biped-multi-classing and such. Dragon is one school, so to me not half as confusing as all that multiclass-rigamarole .

Welcome back - hope you find what you're looking for!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

*serves Zullu some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Thanks all for the input, I figured the memory leak issue would not be solved due to its nature. But that is not a game breaking issue for me. And been back and having a blast again.

Now to find me old pub and raise a logger of ale to celebrate! Though this new map certainly has an old dwarf confused.

And thanks for the welcome back awdz.

As to the dragon's helping out, thanks as well, one night I might borrow your flame to roast me some dinner to go with me ale. Afterall have to break up the Ale with something right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zullu View Post
    Also can you be just a pure crafter or do you need to have some adventure school as well to defend yourself while you gather resources to craft?
    If you're a Dragon and get to the point where you can fly, then it's not as dire that you level up adventure in order to craft well, since a Dragon simply needs to be vigilant and jump into flight whenever a mob that could kill them comes close. Then you can just hover a few meters above the ground and and wait for them to go away or find another spot.

As a biped there's almost no way around having to push adventure classes up first in order to craft in relative peace, since you're either going to have to fight or run for a little while to break aggro. And sometimes you still have to run even with a few level 100 classes if you're magic focused depending on what magic classes you get.

And for leveling up craft schools for biped plot construction, you'll need to do Fitter, Carpenter, Mason, Weaver and Enchanter (Which, in order to level up relatively quickly, you'll want high Blacksmith and Scholar levels). A Dragon only needs Dragon Crafting and Lair Shaping.

The memory leaks aren't bugs, they're a "feature" that helps make sure you take a break every now and then so you don't end up playing for 3 days straight and then dieing because of dehydration.
    I just lost the game.

First off thanks awdz for the help today (Silverbeard here).

Second off, have they removed most of the crafting quests or am I too side tracked with ale that I am missing them?

I got to lvl 12 within the outfitter school off quests, a few on the trainer seem bugges(mainly the craft 50 spool/ingots) and another sent me to Kion to talk to Bolo. He said he would have quests for me but nothing.

As a blacksmith I am lucky to obtain lvl 8 off the quests. Granted I can make tools now that help out.

But are there other towns that offer more quests or is it mainly make, deconstruct and keep going from there on out on items?

Oh another thing (sorry for all the questions here ) are all the consigners linked? It seems to me some are bare and others have lots up for sale. Are certain towns better to check for things then others?

Thanks again for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    The memory leaks aren't bugs, they're a "feature" that helps make sure you take a break every now and then so you don't end up playing for 3 days straight and then dieing because of dehydration.
    While it does not make me feel any better about it it does sound logical.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Hi Silverbeard, the consigners are all independent so you need to check the different ones. (New Trismus, Bristugo, Aughundell)

My biped found quests on the blacksmith trainer (New Trismus) up to about lv15 blacksmith. I don't remember now if I did some grinding or quest only on that. Other then the fact that I "thought" I had done them all and checked later and found more. So some might be level triggered. As far as the other trainers off New Trismus we are in a dry spell. They pulled the old grind for lore token quests (lore tokens can no longer be used for purchasing formula) and we don't have new craft quests yet.

Hope that helps,

Dracaena

And I can't speak for Chaos - but on Order the Bristugo Connie is usually dead everytime I visit. Aug is the active one (and NT for lower stuff of course, which is where you'd probably want to check for now - of course..lol).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    And I can't speak for Chaos - but on Order the Bristugo Connie is usually dead everytime I visit. Aug is the active one (and NT for lower stuff of course, which is where you'd probably want to check for now - of course..lol).
    Thanks will check my lovely Dwarf homeland for those then. I play on Order as well.

@Dracaena -- Hmm perhaps I need to level him then a bit more. The one in new tris had no new quests at all and went to Aug and Kion but nothing on trainers there either. Had same issue with my Outfitter school (lvl 10 there) went to Kion and trainer said come back for more training...and the snob would not give me anything!!

I think I need to give him a few ales or something.

Thread Information