Thread: Buff Macro - Why Can't I Get This to Work?

Default Buff Macro - Why Can't I Get This to Work?

Due to a shortage of hot keys I would like to compact my buff rows. I am trying to put Promote Vitality, True Grit, and Promote Intellect on one macro key.

What I am doing is put /cast Promote Intellect, /wait 5 seconds, /cast True Grit, /wait 5 seconds, /cast Promote Vitality. The second promote spell never goes off. I have tried various arraignments of the spells with slightly longer wait times but am unable to get both promote spells on one macro to work. Is this due to both promote spells sharing a cooldown that even if the cooldown is over they are still "seen" as one spell?

Help!

Dracaena
    Last edited by Dracaena; March 9th, 2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Buff Macro - Why Can't I Get This to Work?

True Grit doesn't seem to like having a Promote spell cast after it. I'd suggest putting another spell into the queue between the two Promotes (like Primal Damage) and have True Grit at the end.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Put True Grit last in your chain.
    Any spell that alters your health will cause the macro to fail, unless the Health giving spell is used last.

Think this was a measure that was put in to limit the possibility of macro killing. Any change in health -> macro-chain disables.

/Irra

It seems that Promote Vita and Promote Int are sharing the same cooldown timer.

So it is impossible to cast them in a short delay (5sec) macro, you need to to set the wait timer on the hotbar to the cooldown time of this buffs.

I have done some playing around with this on a hatchling as well as my ancient. Here is what I figured out.

On the hatchling you need 9 seconds total between the promote casts and it doesn't seem to matter which one is first. To get a promote to cast after true grit you need 3 seconds or less after the true grit cast for the promote to start casting. If you increase the wait time after the true grit cast over 3 seconds the following promote will not go off.

So for the hatchling I ended up with /cast Promote Intellect, /wait 6 seconds, /cast True Grit, /wait 3 seconds, /cast Promote Vitality.

Things are a little different with the ancient as I have some delay modifying gear on that character and wanted to add in Gift of Velocity. I am able to get the time between promotes down to 8 seconds on that character.

With the ancient I am using /cast Gift of Velocity, /wait 3 seconds, /cast Promote Vitality, /wait 6 seconds, /cast True Grit, /wait 2 seconds, /cast Promote Intellect.

Hope that is useful information to others and thanks for the suggestions.

Dracaena

Thread Information