Thread: Shivek

Exclamation Shivek

There are some who do a lot of roleplay concerning the Shivek region (near Chiconis), so here's a thread for information about what visitors to that area might notice.

For example, as of this date small explosions may have been heard from time to time in recent weeks and the land looks a little more blackened and pockmarked in some spots than it already was.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: Shivek

For those of us name/directionally challenged. About which direction from Chiconis is Shivek?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Shivek is at the south east of Chiconis, near the shore, and there is ghostly dragons around

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    and there is ghostly dragons around
    Some of which arose from local murders.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Some of which arose from local murders.
    From local murders? I don't understand...

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    From local murders? I don't understand...
    At least two dragons were murdered in Shivek. They are mostly unrecognisable due to time, trauma, and the Blight that ghostified them. The rest of the ghosts are unaccounted for as far as I know; probably just Giftless who died fighting silver golems or in the same battle that left siege weaponry laying around.

Thanks for your explanation.

I have some questions, though... in which channel is there the roleplay near Shivek? Who were these murdered dragons? what is the origin of the explosions, and who is organizing this roleplay line?

That's an issue with trying to take "personal "(I.e. small group of Rpers) plotlines and making them public.

It only works if particular players are online, constantly, since we can't world build heh. Otherwise your RP can't effect anyone else's experiences because they know nothing about what happened and aren't seeing any craters or feeling any explosions.

As LungTien states - without any details about who to be contacting regarding any of this (assuming its an open plot line) its really pointless for anyone else to even be aware of what happened. They can't *do* anything with it as "visitors"...

But yea, if there's a channel or a team of Rpers to get into contact with - or even who died and who's a ghost dragons and what's going on - then that's something people can get involved with.

Otherwise, well you have no idea how much the surface of Istaria may have changed throughout the years of people's RP - but making it a "server wide acceptance" thing - that's a whole other ball of dragons. lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I would have liked to get more details about this, given these ones aren't enough to let us interact with this storyline, unless these posts weren't destined to everyone but to a few roleplayers :?
    I just though everyone who was interested could interact with that storyline, seeing my sentences quoted and getting replies.

In terms of the game's ghost dragons there, the reason for it has to do with the original advance of the Aegis. The forgotten war machines and stripped ground came from Aegis who pushed into Chiconis after breaking through the Great Barrier. It was Torrin's plan to weaken or eliminate the dragons, who he knew would 'demean' themselves to help the humans of Dalimond and Tazoon when he came for them. There was a hard-fought battle on those slopes, in which dragons died, but ultimately, they were pushed back. Most likely, this was due more to Torrin getting what he wanted from the Helians (info on how they fought, thinning their numbers, gathering dragon souls and corpses for the attack on Tazoon, establishment of the Dead Pool, whatever - no one really knows) rather than the dragons single-handedly pushing them back.

There were no dragons there before, but in the early days, there had been undead left over from that time.

Again, these are the game's lore reasons for there being undeads in the Shivek area. There were also some RP reasons for characters that lived in the area, but that story is for those dragons if they care to share it. Unfortunately, there are times when our community can be quite insular and clique-ish. It's a part of Istarian life. Enjoy the RP you're a part of, make more RP that's open if you dislike it.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerisk View Post
    In terms of the game's ghost dragons there, the reason for it has to do with the original advance of the Aegis. The forgotten war machines and stripped ground came from Aegis who pushed into Chiconis after breaking through the Great Barrier. It was Torrin's plan to weaken or eliminate the dragons, who he knew would 'demean' themselves to help the humans of Dalimond and Tazoon when he came for them. There was a hard-fought battle on those slopes, in which dragons died, but ultimately, they were pushed back. Most likely, this was due more to Torrin getting what he wanted from the Helians (info on how they fought, thinning their numbers, gathering dragon souls and corpses for the attack on Tazoon, establishment of the Dead Pool, whatever - no one really knows) rather than the dragons single-handedly pushing them back.

There were no dragons there before, but in the early days, there had been undead left over from that time.

Again, these are the game's lore reasons for there being undeads in the Shivek area. There were also some RP reasons for characters that lived in the area, but that story is for those dragons if they care to share it. Unfortunately, there are times when our community can be quite insular and clique-ish. It's a part of Istarian life. Enjoy the RP you're a part of, make more RP that's open if you dislike it.
    Sure, but I was talking about the explosions and the murdered dragons. If that storyline isn't meant to be shared with everyone, I'm wondering why to make public posts and give some informations.

It isn't (wasn't) really a role-play line. One of the player-made ghosts is a part of Hraefn's history and created long ago. Another is also fairly far back in the past with its death having occured over a year ago now. And it did indeed spawn an open role-play that involved nearly the entire server in one way or another (which was pretty neat).

And really, this is enough to allow you to interact with the storyline, Lung. For example, your character can ask around to find if someone else has heard about the explosions. Eventually, they might be led to someone who lives around the area who can further explain what's going on and it can go from there.

All it takes is a little creative thinking.
    Last edited by Hraefn; April 26th, 2010 at 12:08 AM.

Smile Re: Shivek

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post
    It isn't (wasn't) really a role-play line. One of the player-made ghosts is a part of Hraefn's history and created long ago. Another is also fairly far back in the past with its death having occured over a year ago now. And it did indeed spawn an open role-play that involved nearly the entire server in one way or another (which was pretty neat).

And really, this is enough to allow you to interact with the storyline, Lung. For example, your character can ask around to find if someone else has heard about the explosions. Eventually, they might be led to someone who lives around the area who can further explain what's going on and it can go from there.

All it takes is a little creative thinking.
    Thanks for your help, Hraefn
    I could ask ICly about these things, indeed. Sorry to have misspoken my thoughs. I wanted to know OoCly if there already was established explanations about it, and wich characters are aware of it.
    Thanks for your help, Hraefn.

Thread Information