Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood Golems.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Wood Golems.

One thing i've been meaning to ask but keep forgetting.
    What has happened to the Wood Golems? they used to live happily in their wood which i know has been 'tagged' into the T2 revamp but now its just a very empty place.
    Nothing grows to be harvested and nothing wanders around to be hit.

Was their something else planned for this area that didnt make it live?
    If so can we get the Wood golems back, i know they wern't usefull but i hate to see mobs become extinct without good reason

Default Re: Wood Golems.

What forest are you talking about? T2 peninsula is super populated now.

Wood Golems were a totally pointless mob. Sorry.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Really? the area where they used to be and all the blighted areas that branch off it were empty when i explored, i even stood still alot to give things chance to spawn. The only thing i found remotely near the area are Diseased deer corpses (harvestable though i dont know why yet) and the spiders around them.

The Goranthis Forest? You should have seen Acivulara Scavengers there.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Not certain now what its called, i'll have another scout when back ingame.
    There is a maze of gulleys and small canyons to walk around but nothing in them and a new blighted area thats not on the map yet again with nothing in.
    I think the scavengers are the new name for the spiders, again i'll check later

???

Checks the mob lore dictionary

Golem Non withered age Moving chunk of earth found in mineral populated areas to keep crafters from crafting threat level Medium

attacks
    hit with there pointy stick
    avalanche of ore
    earth quake

Types
    gem
    stone
    Metal

general comp use for adventure scale

non leathel to an armed adventurer

Am i missing a page hear ? there is no recollection of wood golems in my combat dictionary

Even if they did exist at one point it would not make any sense as to the lore of golems being moving chunks of minerals / earth trees are not earth thus there can not be a wood golem. we have tents throws are moving trees and trees are wood .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

there were wood golems, as opposed to treants, at one time - the named was pegleg, i believe....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

indeed and every old Dragon wood (sorry i couldnt resist) remember them as i'm allmost certain they were required for an ability eons ago

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    there were wood golems, as opposed to treants, at one time - the named was pegleg, i believe....
    LOL what did he hit you with Arr maty for Pyrite damage

Hears your exit story lol
    Epi went back in time rounded them all up and burned them to the ground and attacked that part of the spawn Engine they no-longer exist
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I miss them too.

No harm in letting them wandering around there I would think.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Used to be plenty of Wood golems (lvl 36-40) just south - south-west'ish of what is now called Goranthis Forest, and as Vel said, the named one was Peg Leg (lvl 45.)
    They had a nice relationship with Leafy Oastics (lvl 26-30) down there, and with t2 gems and at least silver node spawns in a small forest down in the canyon. Don't remember if there also was Iron nodes down there.

There also used to be Bone golems and Werewolves down in that area once. Had a lot of fun down there back in the days since it would usually be completely empty, so would have the whole area for myself.

Now it is, as Sindala says, only a blighted area with nothing in it yet. At least nothing that I could find, and I roamed a bit around down there, especially to check one specific location that would be fit for a tomb.

Guess the area will be expanded upon as time goes by.

/Irra

Seen stranger things befor i guess wood golems did at one point existed but are now tents and i hope should remain .

As for Bone golem
    yes there called a golem how ever it dose not fit in to the category of golems i would call these mini epic social creatures, Bone warriors or Guardians as they are Different from most of the withered ages but still animated by Very strong magic Further more these should not be lumped in with the golem population as they drop coin anothe sign of withered age

I have no trouble with the Wood golems beeing gone because, as you say Lightning Claw, they hardly fit into the general theme of the other golems as you described them. But was still fun when they were around, although a bit of a hassle at times because of their CoT.

But as I said, no trouble with seeing them gone.

The Bone Golems that used to be down there was of the same type that you could find outside Kirasanct and Tazoon back in the days. Lvl 36-40ish or so?

No trouble with those beeing gone either really, but they where fun when they were around.

/Irra

I am feeling very sad now...
    While I am remembering Bone Golems from the old days I don't recall ever seeing any Wood Golems.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Aww poor Peg Leg and his friends While they where a bit "out of the line" in regards of treeants and golem thingies, I still enjoyed them. I saw them always as golems animated from dead wood that wants to protect the forest, and their little annoying oastic friends.

I hope there is still a place for them somewhere, there is so much unpopulated space in istaria, you devs can sure squeeze them somewhere in!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i second tako's above post....
    sure they weren't lorewise, but they were fun to mess with!!
    vel still has some trophies from pegleg from her royal birthday hunts and i am almost positive that mw got to do the quest involving hunting pegleg down...
    surely there is some lil lost forest they could inhabit so all us old friends can drop by and give pegleg a hug every once in a while.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Or even add them to one of the new T2 dungeons to be added and claim they are made from the roots of the trees the bi-peds keep chopping down

I like that idea.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Aww poor Peg Leg and his friends While they where a bit "out of the line" in regards of treeants and golem thingies, I still enjoyed them. I saw them always as golems animated from dead wood that wants to protect the forest, and their little annoying oastic friends.
    It even sounds quite logical... I agree with you!!! bring more Wood golems of all tiers!!!
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

i really like the idea of the wood golems in dungeons, from blighted tree roots. above the surface they really duplicate the function of treants.

Thread Information