Thread: Launcher problems

Default Launcher problems

Hey everyone,

Wasn't sure where to put this so i did it in general (please move somewhere else if there was a dedicated sub-forum for this). The issue that i have is that when i got home from work today i attempted to run istaria and got a microsoft .net framework error (quoted at the end) which surprised me a bit as nothing was changed, then when i attempted to log on the istaria websites (community and normal site) both were down.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?

Cheers,
    Tar

the error:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at IstariaLauncher.update.update_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>
    Male dragon of the 28th season, Order Shard

Default Re: Launcher problems

No idea but I had something funky happen with my launcher this past weekend (might have been the same thing), so I reloaded it from the main website. Now I take a horrendous time to login, something like 20 min or more, but at least I can get there eventually.

Well installed the game anew, didn't work.... Now to try and just remove .net completely from my computer i guess
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>

That doesn't work either.... this is maddening ;(
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>

So am i the only one with this problem?

Got more weirdness just now, no longer a .net error for about an hour but then i never got past the actua log-in with messages saying that the server did not respond or i got corrupt data in return *sig*
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>

Nope, another one here. It started yesterday, but I only get the problem at work. At home everythings seems to be working fine.

Other than that, I can geto to community.istaria, but play and support won't load..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlin View Post
    Nope, another one here. It started yesterday, but I only get the problem at work. At home everythings seems to be working fine.

Other than that, I can geto to community.istaria, but play and support won't load..
    If this problem is at work, is it possible that at your job they may have a block on the router? I know some companies will block Ports in order to make sure their servers don't get bogged down due to employees logging onto games at work or in college. Slowing everything down and yatta yatta.

Only way to get around that is to get some software.. well.. two softwares that one tunnel around the port block and two mask the port IP.
    Or something like that..

I use to have the software back when I was in college so I could get on a few games. XD

Other then that, I am clueless.. was gonna suggest cache-- but since you probably removed everything and started with a clean slate, this is most likely not the issue.

Tarskin:

I had this exact problem about 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure what the exact problem was, but I did manage to get Istaria working again.
    Here's how I finally got it working:

1. If you haven't done so in a while, or if you don't have automatic updates enabled, run system update.

2. If you can, download the full game install from the website and install it.

3. after installing, delete the launcher folder, and well as any aliases referring to it.

4. Go back to the website and download the launcher upgrade and install.

after all that it should work.

I suspect the issue is with some of the newer updates that have been applied, there may be odd conflicts with older software.

i'm about ready to just give up, no matter what i do or how many times i try it. I keep getting either a .net error (when attempting to start the launcher) or the launcher won't connect saying things like too slow server reply OR corrupt data.

*sigh* I kinda enjoyed the game too for the 3 days that i was able to play
    Last edited by Tarskin; March 20th, 2010 at 10:31 AM.
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>

my ISP apparantly made a booboo with their DNS servers, after setting my DNS servers to google's dns servers it worked... talk about 2 days of annoyance due to my ISP hah
    Tarskin Ranawen <Scions>

Thread Information