Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teleport stones?

Lightbulb Teleport stones?

I thought of an idea of Teleport stones.

1. You can make them out of Silver Ore and some kind of Gem like Ruby.
    2. U must have a minimum of level 50 Crafting.
    3. Any type of char can make them...dragon or Byped, aka its not restricted.
    4. Once you place the stone in the spot you want, it stays there for aprox one week, then it disappears(or its used up).
    5. You can place it where ever you want as long as you visit the place once b4 u can use the stone.
    6. It would be really good for things like the ROP quests when you have to go back and forth.

U can also have an option to right click the stone in your inventory and 'use' or 'set' for your current position.

Let me know what you think.

Default Re: Teleport stones?

Quote Originally Posted by baileytheferret View Post
    6. It would be really good for things like the ROP quests when you have to go back and forth.
    We already have this, you can attune to Draak and use the portal at Dralk to go there.

Dracaena

As much as I normally would be totally for this idea -

Istaria already has a ton of ways to insta-travel. Portals and bindstones. While it certianly would be lovely to have a little "temporary" transport, I can also see why the devs would turn down such an idea given the limited time they have to develop things.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I think something like this is already in the works: teleport scrolls in the Scholar class revamp.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    We already have this, you can attune to Draak and use the portal at Dralk to go there.

Dracaena
    didn't know this...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

plus there is now a land bridge to draak, apparently -
    haven't checked it out myself, but i understand it goes from the east coast of lerena to draak.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Teleport scrolls with fixed destinations will be part of the Scholar revamp.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    haven't checked it out myself, but i understand it goes from the east coast of lerena to draak.....
    Oh.. wow.. There is a land bridge there now. I.. am not sure how to feel about that. xD

oh awesome on the scholar revamp with the scrolls things!! I hadn't read that thread cuz I'm a dragon and wouldn't necessarily know what all those scholars were talking about .

And a landbridge huh? Well Raptress don't worry too much, that island is such a PITA to get around on foot the naka still won't be coming over too much...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by baileytheferret View Post
    didn't know this...
    You have to be level 30-35 in the lairshaping school to have gained enough crystalshaping skill (300 needed) in order to do the crafting part of the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    In a way it would make things easier for the hatchlings, but it also makes me sad.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeah me too - i always thought of draak as a draggy place (altho i have been there to help out hatchies, it always makes vel nervous, like overhearing your parents' fighting or something! ).....
    but it is good news for mw, whenever he decides to stop being a baby and try to get to adult....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Since there seems to be surprise about the Draak attunement quest, I thought I should add that it is also possible for a biped to become attuned as well. Once a Helian dragon has completed the attunement then they can sponsor a biped for attunement quest. Unfortunately, Lunus dragons are unable to sponsor a biped. I know some would like to see that part changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    You have to be level 30-35 in the lairshaping school to have gained enough crystalshaping skill (300 needed) in order to do the crafting part of the quest.

In a way it would make things easier for the hatchlings, but it also makes me sad.

I too am sad about the quest requiring that much lairshaping skill to complete. My hatchling on Chaos will always be homeless and I hadn't planned to do lairshaping at all with him. But I will end up having to grind levels in order to complete that attunement quest.

The land bridge to Draak........very mixed feelings about that.

Dracaena

My hatchling was able to lvl her lairshaping to about 17 and be able to attune. To increase skills, she had lairshaping/crystalshaping scales to make it work for her.
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Oh.. wow.. There is a land bridge there now. I.. am not sure how to feel about that. xD
    It's not a land bridge as such.... far as I can tell, you need to be able to glide in order to get to the first island in the chain without drowning. Besides, the Naka can get to Draak across the actual bridge-bridge if they can make it to the north end of the island.

Of course, if you use the island chain and the *fastest* route into Draak itself.... you wind up right next to the Shadow Dragon. Still requires caution, and you've still got to sneak or fight your way past the large groups of Pale Hatchlings that gather over there.

But it does mean that, for example, two hatchlings who probably wouldn't survive the Harro run and possibly not the swamp run on their own - despite being well over the minimum level to start RoP - can make it out to Draak under their own power and without having to beg for high-level help.

Suits my play style, since I didn't want to have to ask for help unless I REALLY needed it. We're playing through it now, and we decided "We will not ask for help on any fight or quest unless we have tried it at least once, failed and think that the failure was more than just a fluke". Given how many people dislike hatchlings coming on demanding to be babysat through their RoP... and yes, I'm one of those people who gets irritated about that... I would have thought that anything that helps hatchlings do their OWN RoP is a good thing.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    I would have thought that anything that helps hatchlings do their OWN RoP is a good thing.
    Oh, I agree with you. It's just that it's very rare that I ever actually got attacked by anything, let alone died, on the Harro run when I ran it alone (on 30/30 hatchlings). That run felt a lot more epic to me, more worthy of the RoP. The land bridge doesn't capture the same feel for me. To each their own of course.

Though, if anything could've used an easier route, it would have been the run to the Tower of Magery. That killed me lots. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    Suits my play style, since I didn't want to have to ask for help unless I REALLY needed it. We're playing through it now, and we decided "We will not ask for help on any fight or quest unless we have tried it at least once, failed and think that the failure was more than just a fluke". Given how many people dislike hatchlings coming on demanding to be babysat through their RoP... and yes, I'm one of those people who gets irritated about that... I would have thought that anything that helps hatchlings do their OWN RoP is a good thing.
    First response - the sentiment expressed here I support fully ..

I cannot say enough good about hatchies who want to actually do their RoP rather than have someone hand it to them..

Second consideration - I've seldom seen a hatchie come a cropper on the Draak run - as long as s/he was advised somewhat by a more experienced player ..

So - without direct knowledge of the circumstance I'd mark it as a simplification that prolly didn't need to happen .. however - if it does truly enable hatchies to empower themselves and do their own RoP - then it is
    a welcome addition

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Though, if anything could've used an easier route, it would have been the run to the Tower of Magery. That killed me lots. :P
    Magery is easy. Mind you I only found this route out a few days ago because the hatchling I was taking died 3 times when on the normal route. :/
    Walk from Winter's peak east-ish, following the road. Go north when you hit a fork (south would take you into Rachival) and glide off where the ice pachtes are and head north east around the mountain. Climb up at around 26489/29128, you can even see on your map where is it climbable. Sprint around the bend to the tower and at most you have one creature to contend with

Ha! Wish I'd know about this land bridge sooner! Woulda helped alot with some hatchies I've been helping on RoP

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    Second consideration - I've seldom seen a hatchie come a cropper on the Draak run - as long as s/he was advised somewhat by a more experienced player ..
    I saw a group heading for Draak - at least three ancients, two adults (including myself) and the hatchling in question - get wiped out by mobs south of Harro on an RoP run. Granted, it won't have helped that the Son of Gigaroth was one of them that decided he was going to be patrolling in that particular area at that particular time....

It was that run that made me do a "flyover" of the area around Draak (Kesqui did the swamp run, not the Harro run, and even then she needed half a dozen followers, most biped, which wasn't great for a Lunus dragon) and the reason I found the island chain - because I didn't want my alt and my partner's character running into such insurmountable odds. As it was, we made it out to Draak and earned our wings without specifically *asking* for direct help even once; twice (Esh and Lem) we were offered help by a generous player, which we accepted (That Magery tower run from Morning Light did get us more than once; I was one-shotted by a Than'kuk Chieftain).

But then, I'm sure the idea of "Teleport Stones" is to cut out all the running back and forth entirely, not just to make an easier run to Draak. I have to echo the sentiments previous; there are so many ways to get hither and thither that I'm not sure we need more... especially with the planned scrolls update. Part of the fun for me is watching the scenery go by and wondering if something IS going to jump out and go for me (and whether my partner and I can handle it). If there were teleport stones, I probably wouldn't use them; I don't particularly plan to use teleport scrolls.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

gahhh I'm glad to hear someon can make it - couple weeks ago I spent three hours with another adult and two hatchligns trying to get through the Swamp and Harro run to Draak and never made it .

The last time I had made the run the extension to the blight didn't exist, so it was much easier to run along the edge of the swamp from Harro and then the coast to get to the stone-walkway at the peak on the bottom of the continent. Why the blight had to be extended to make this a much more diffcult pursuit I have no idea..:/
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information