Thread: By May I'll be gone.

Default By May I'll be gone.

Sorry about making a public quit-post, but this is the easiest way to reach everyone who cares (even though it also reaches those who don't).

May is when my subscription ends. I've decided not to renew it for these reasons:

- Whenever I log in I feel a lot of frustration, annoyance, and resentment. Frustration with lag of various kinds, including spawn delays and not knowing whether someone else's character is actually where they appear to be on the screen and in the group window. Annoyance at harvesting and construction requirements and not having enough storage and not being able to obtain items required by quests. Resentment of semi-roleplayers and people who think Istaria's crafting system is the best thing since sliced bread and some of Virtrium's decisions.

- I can't really afford to renew the subscription.

- I want the freedom to play other games without feeling as if I have obligations here.

I'm far past the threshold that most people set for leaving a game. I've stayed only for a few good people and the fascinating roleplay storylines that exist among us. But those storylines are not very active at this point and, realistically, they will never be completed. As for the friends and acquaintances I've made here, I can still speak with most of them via IM.

To you Dark Repose folks:
    If you have any questions about how Vhazshyn and Kolodi are to be written out, or if you just want to talk, please do contact me. Also, you can have any of my stuff that you want. ;D
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: By May I'll be gone.

*serves xoshara some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    hope you find your way back sooner rather than later!

Do I have your messenger info? *makes a mental note to sign in more often*

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you go do your thing, and may the winds of time bring you home again to us soon!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I understand all your words but am sorry to see you go.

I myself just can't seem to bite the bullet, and my finances are such that I really haven't been forced to "choose". The idea of losing all the lairwork keeps me subbed even if I am not active at times.

Good luck to you and may we meet again under fairer skies!

(Whatever else you're looking at you can find me in Second Life, WoW, and LOTR at the moment..lol.)

You will be missed.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I hate to see you leave

All the best, and safe travels.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hey Vhaz, I'll miss seeing you around. I, like Shian, need to get your messenger information! It was fun having the opportunity to get to know and play with you. I certainly would like to learn how 'Koldodi' and Vhaz will be written out. Oh, and Shian, on the note of messengers, I need to get yours too!

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Thread Information