Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling a meeting of elders to discuss troubling events in New Trismus

Default Re: Calling a meeting of elders to discuss troubling events in New Trismus

lungtien, thank you for the update. i think i missed why he does not tell the hatchlings what the cookie is about and get their permission first? i do not think it right to drug someone and take advantage of them without their knowledge.

one other concern - when the new confectioner recipes were brought to light, the time it takes us to recover from death increased substantially. we do not really know how long the spell that created the gifted will be sustained, and i do not think that the death of any gifted is to be taken as much for granted as we do now. by eating gifted, that dragon may be draining needed resources from the fight against the withered aegis - and by the time we can see it, it will be far too late.

there were some really good suggestions made for resolving the issue - good luck!

Default Re: Calling a meeting of elders to discuss troubling events in New Trismus

Well Awdz ultimately if I remember correctly one of his premises was that the hatchling "remembers nothing and is therefore not harmed"...telling them what would happen if they ate the cookie would negate that premise lol.

I probably can't make it "tomorrow", but that's no need for the meeting not to happen.

I know Stars said he would try to post up the "resolution" (answer) whenever that happened, and we could ICily know it from a "notice" up in Dralk or something (i.e. the forums, least that's how it works in other RP places I visit, forum info for RP can be thought of as notices lol))

That way everyone would be on the same page, even if they couldn't attend the next meeting or get into contact with say Stars directly to find out.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    lungtien, thank you for the update. i think i missed why he does not tell the hatchlings what the cookie is about and get their permission first? i do not think it right to drug someone and take advantage of them without their knowledge.

one other concern - when the new confectioner recipes were brought to light, the time it takes us to recover from death increased substantially. we do not really know how long the spell that created the gifted will be sustained, and i do not think that the death of any gifted is to be taken as much for granted as we do now. by eating gifted, that dragon may be draining needed resources from the fight against the withered aegis - and by the time we can see it, it will be far too late.

there were some really good suggestions made for resolving the issue - good luck!
    Because Rorix doesn't want them to know he is about to eat them, and he does it without their agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Because Rorix doesn't want them to know he is about to eat them, and he does it without their agreement.
    That is something I have tremendous issue with. I'm a firm believer in informed consent; I hate when anyone manipulates others without their knowledge.

I don't think you see the actual point behind this. He does not tell them so they don't know what happened. If they don't know, they cannot be scared/freaked out/whatever.

((If you are talking about OOC consent, it's different. I always ask the respective player before.))

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    That is something I have tremendous issue with. I'm a firm believer in informed consent; I hate when anyone manipulates others without their knowledge.
    ((Awdz, are you talking IC or OOC? If OOC, Morphaz has already stated that he doesn't do the stuff this whole thread is about without the other players consent.))

((Hey guys, I was mostly confused about the resolution posting.
    Are we going to just have the meeting to discuss upon the matter or would you like me to post up a new thread for it? Just wondering!))

((You can post up the outcome after todays meeting Stars. Rorix will tell the 'council' his decision tonight.))

Well, the meeting will be reported to tomorrow, if possible. If not, we'll have to fix a day.

Just a quick update, as there seems to have been some confusion.

While LungTien wanted the second meeting today, we believe it would be best to hold it either tomorrow (Perhaps 9pm CET?) or on monday, if most of the ones present during the first can make that time.

Please let us know if you can/can't.

What is 9pm CET for the other towns please?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    What is 9pm CET for the other towns please?
    i think this is correct.....seems a bit late, or early depending on your point of view, for most.....

5am : Moscow
    3am : Berlin
    2am : London
    9pm : New York
    6pm : Los Angeles
    1pm : Sydney
    11am : Tokyo
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Nono. CET = Central European time.

9pm Berlin
    8pm London
    1pm NY?

I'm not sure. We're having daylight savings starting tonight.

10pm CET would work for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    ((Awdz, are you talking IC or OOC? If OOC, Morphaz has already stated that he doesn't do the stuff this whole thread is about without the other players consent.))
    That was an IC response to the situation, that also reflects one of my general real life attitudes. I am glad to have it affirmed that OOC there is player consent involved.

Heh, I missed this by one lousy day!

Not sure if I missed it or not - either way I wouldnt be able to attend unless it was roughly the same time Monday afternoon.

But again, seroiusly - don't not hold this for me. Have it - its always impossible without like a few weeks warning to get everyone necessary in game at once at the same time normally .

Also considering the first times posted were off by an hour (per in game info after we showed up), please check all time estimates....

(but yes Awdz, noone much likes IC the idea of eating hatchlings - which I was glad to see. I've run into several dragons in the last six months that had they shown up it wouldn't have been quite so against hatchling eating..lol.)

((P.s.s I apologize to everyone if any of my comments seem sensitive OOC wise; or my preference to not seeing this in open RP (i.e. dragon chat, public etc.) at all - everytime this theme appears to me I"m just reminded of a very bad period of time several years ago on Order when a couple of players were into this as a fetish and some harrassed others as a result...so now its a very sensitive issue for me and when I see it IC it results in said responses...)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Let's set it to monday then, same time as the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    Let's set it to monday then, same time as the first?
    ok, then, if everyone can come

I'll do me'best - but that should be fine - I'll be online regardless - almost done with two chambers! WOO!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i got skewl today and it usually isn't over until 4pm, but i am already at th arena, so don't be too surprized if derexx pops up a little after start time!!

ooo i am so excited and looking forward to the event!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information