Thread: Swapping hotkeys?

Default Swapping hotkeys?

I know there is not a way in-game to swap banks of hotkeys in and out, but I wish there was (hint hint )

I seem to recall, a couple years ago when I played, someone said that they had made 2 sets of hotkeys, one for crafting and one for adventuring, and they could swap them in and out - they just had to log out to do it.

Anyone know how this could be done? Is it just simply setting up all your keys and then copying the .def files and icons someplace safe and then setting up the second set? That seems like it would work, but is there a better way?

Or is there a way to get more than 10 hotkey bars?

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Swapping hotkeys?

i think it would be just easier to add the ability to have more hotkey bars - i know that vel, being uber x6 just for advent, i could certainly use 10 more bars, or even 5 would be awesome!

this is an old topic, but i can't remember if the gods have chosen to speak on it.....

it would be interesting to know what if anything can be done in this regard....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Well, I'm nowhere near uber, but I already am running out of hotkeys, between multiple crafting schools and multiple adventure schools.

I can only imagine it will get much worse as I level

Blog Entries

I am not fully sure if I understand what your asking...

I do know there are 10 banks, within those 10 banks are 10 sets of hotkeys.

I typically up on my screen have one that is active, which I can shift banks around on when needed, though I switch between 1(which is defensive moves) and 10(which is crafting moves) on my dragon and on my bipedal

9 and 10 are crafting.

Both dragon and Bipedal I have between 2-9 are all forms of attack moves, from aggressive, healing, defensive, and debuffing
    These are all stacked up on top of the Hotkey at which I can switch, kept as inactive, and kept in compact mode instead of extended(unlike my main hotkey section).

if a screenshot is needed, I'll be glad to place one up.

I also for some gathering or crafting, (even for weapons) I have these set up on the hot keys and with a command structure within the hotkey as well.

So, unless you are saying you need more then, 10 banks which is.. 100 hotkeys, I.. really don't know what to say.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    I am not fully sure if I understand what your asking...

I do know there are 10 banks, within those 10 banks are 10 sets of hotkeys.

I typically up on my screen have one that is active, which I can shift banks around on when needed, though I switch between 1(which is defensive moves) and 10(which is crafting moves) on my dragon and on my bipedal

9 and 10 are crafting.

Both dragon and Bipedal I have between 2-9 are all forms of attack moves, from aggressive, healing, defensive, and debuffing
    These are all stacked up on top of the Hotkey at which I can switch, kept as inactive, and kept in compact mode instead of extended(unlike my main hotkey section).

if a screenshot is needed, I'll be glad to place one up.

I also for some gathering or crafting, (even for weapons) I have these set up on the hot keys and with a command structure within the hotkey as well.

So, unless you are saying you need more then, 10 banks which is.. 100 hotkeys, I.. really don't know what to say.
    maybe i am just messy then - but abilities, forms and spells really add up when you put them on hotkeys, is all i know!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

It's probably the way I am playing... and there's probably a better way, but this method works for me and it's what I'm used to.

For example I have a hotkey that equips all my teched metalworking jewelry. Then I have other hotkeys that equip whatever tool I'm using, fires that jewelry hotkey, and opens the formula for whatever I'm trying to make. So I may have 3 or 4 hotkeys that all fire the same jewelry hotkey. Later on, I upgrade my jewelry, I just have to change the one hotkey that equips it and all my other keys are up to date automatically.

Yeah, I could combine some keys, but it would be nice to have more bars available - or be able to load/save a set of hotkeys at will.

Just set the hotkeys up, log out, and copy
    prefs/[shard]_[char name]/UIHotkeys.def
    and the directory
    prefs/[shard]_[char name]/hotkey_icons

to someplace outside the istaria directory

then to change the hotkeys remove the existing file and copy them back in

Remember to delete the existing hotkey_icons directories or you will end up with icons from the previous keys showing up in unassigned keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Theramin View Post
    Just set the hotkeys up, log out, and copy
    prefs/[shard]_[char name]/UIHotkeys.def
    and the directory
    prefs/[shard]_[char name]/hotkey_icons

to someplace outside the istaria directory

then to change the hotkeys remove the existing file and copy them back in

Remember to delete the existing hotkey_icons directories or you will end up with icons from the previous keys showing up in unassigned keys.
    Strange, that this subject has come up, at this time....

Was going to wait a day or two to announce this on the player mods forum, but even as I type this out I am putting the finishing touches on a program I have written, that will do all this for a player automatically.

Basically the way it works is this: The player sets up his hotbars the way he wants, for a specific purpose - i.e. T2 Crafting - then logs out and in the program, saves the settings in a folder named for the type of hotbars he has made. He can do this multiple times, for multiple settings.

Then, whenever he desires to switch, he can log out of the game, fire up the program, and load up any of the hotbar settings he has previously saved, and log back into the game, to use the new settings.

Basically, the program is a glorified file saving/file swapping program, but hopefully it will save some finger leather for those who are interested.

Keep an eye out, on the Player Mods forums, for the release....I anticipate it will be soon (i.e. likely sometime this weekend)

I would like a slight revamp of the hotkey macro options in general.

I would like to be able to completely change hotkeys and hotkeybars with a touch of another button.

To give an example...
    You are a Mason and on Hotkeybar 2 have several hotkeys assigned to equip cargo armor, tools jewelry, most used formulas, ect.

You switch to Enchanter and press a programmed hotkey on Hotkeybar 1 which would then alter Hotkeybar 2 to Enchanter equip armor, Tools, Jewelry and most used formulas hotkeys.
    When made another button for other craft schools or adventure schools it would work the same.

You would still have the same amount of hotkey bars, but you can macro them to change with 1 button instead of manually assigning hotkeys or using third party programs. So you could use 1 hotkey bar multiple times only not at the same time.

As a side note... I have absolutely no interest in being able to create any kind of auto-killing or auto-looting macro's, this suggestion is a helpfull tool for the multiclassing population among us.
    As dragon I have 3 bars for crafting, 6 bars for adventure (This including attack abilities self buffs, greet macro's, loot/selectnearestenemy macro) and 2 for various use. So I can understand that biped multi-classers wish to be able to use more...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthas View Post
    Strange, that this subject has come up, at this time....

Was going to wait a day or two to announce this on the player mods forum, but even as I type this out I am putting the finishing touches on a program I have written, that will do all this for a player automatically.

Basically the way it works is this: The player sets up his hotbars the way he wants, for a specific purpose - i.e. T2 Crafting - then logs out and in the program, saves the settings in a folder named for the type of hotbars he has made. He can do this multiple times, for multiple settings.

Then, whenever he desires to switch, he can log out of the game, fire up the program, and load up any of the hotbar settings he has previously saved, and log back into the game, to use the new settings.

Basically, the program is a glorified file saving/file swapping program, but hopefully it will save some finger leather for those who are interested.

Keep an eye out, on the Player Mods forums, for the release....I anticipate it will be soon (i.e. likely sometime this weekend)
    That's awesome news! Can't wait to see it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    maybe i am just messy then - but abilities, forms and spells really add up when you put them on hotkeys, is all i know!
    I guess that is the difference between myself and most perhaps.
    I only have one bar made for the crafts and that is to kick up the tools(expect on Bipedal, cause they got so many freakin' tools I need 2 bars), I don't macro any of my formulas and none of the gathering. Expect for skins. Skins are the only one and that is on my first bar with the single loot macro and the 'flee - oh crap' button.

All the combat stuff is spread out around 4-6 bars

and on the Bipedal, all his weapon switch keys are also with the 'flee - oh crap' button and the looting and the skin gathering.

Thread Information