Thread: [Closed] You Lunus PHYLACERTY hits Shadow Dragon for 2354365 blight dmg!

Default [Closed] You Lunus PHYLACERTY hits Shadow Dragon for 2354365 blight dmg!

So I was on my alt Relkun playing with my friends alt Nescha. we both leveled our craft to 90 and once we got to lvl 37 we decided to do our rop.

He had fun killing all of the bosses on our own thanks to the scales we had , but were dissapointed when we recieved our phylacrety .

we 1 shotted kaa and lem. didnt pay attention since before it would do that.

Our biggest dissapointment was getting to the shadowdragon, knowing we would have to blast the boss alot of times and hope we could survive the fight.

I oneshotted him. One of the MOST important parts of the ROP made easy mode. Heck this thing did so much damage i might as well attack the withered aegis and 1 shot it also XD.

I remember long ago when i did mine. it was one hard fight. you needed help. As it is now any lunus (not sure about helian) will have no trouble what so ever against this boss.

Please save this encounter i know it was not ment to be this easy.

Default Re: You Lunus PHYLACERTY hits Shadow Dragon for 2354365 blight dmg!

Well, rush to Fafnir, Valkor, Daknor, Reklar and Gruk, and the Myloc Queen

it appears that the shadow Dragon has a Negative resistances to the lunus phylactery you attempt to show fafnir that not only will he say MMMMMMMmmmmmmm popcorn and devour your hatching but the other generals will gather round and watch the massacre laughing all the way

the way the lunus rop is set up is your crafting the lands largest baddest weapon to a certain type of mob its like supper man + Kriptonight = X_X

that and your scales where they tech-ed ? with t5 techs ? the lunus rop is again not set up for Uber leet scales no offense you took the cheep way to gain your wings. try again and only do a lv 30 30 kaa will take 2 shots lem you can solo easily sd should take about 6-10
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Well, rush to Fafnir, Valkor, Daknor, Reklar and Gruk, and the Myloc Queen
    you forgot sog
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

The Lunus Phylactery has been altered, Lightning Claw. It's not teched scales at work here.

Compare:

Helian Phylactery (which has the same stats it always had and works as it always had)
    Damage: 2-3

Lunus Phylactery (which was altered in a recent patch and does a ton of damage, one-shotting the Shadow Dragon)
    Damage: 1000-5000

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw
    the lunus rop is again not set up for Uber leet scales no offense you took the cheep way to gain your wings.
    I think the "cheap way" to gain your wings is to have others run you through it with no effort on your part. :P Getting to the point of having T5 scales before flying is actually a pretty commendable effort.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    the lunus rop is again not set up for Uber leet scales no offense you took the cheep way to gain your wings. try again and only do a lv 30 30 kaa will take 2 shots lem you can solo easily sd should take about 6-10
    I could point out so many flaws with your logic here, but I'll point out just one.

At level 30, a hatchling would have to have a higher level do the work for them as no level 30 Lunus hatchling would ever bring down the Entombed Dragon alone. And no level 30 Helian hatchling would ever bring down Kaa alone.

To say someone who refused the ability to fly for long enough to obtain tier 5 scales, be it level 100 adventure or level 100 craft, is a cheap person for doing so is just plain stupid.

Someone who can say 'no' to ascension for 100 levels of something is far more commendable than someone who has a couple ancients following them around to help 'em kill everything.

that and your scales where they tech-ed ? with t5 techs ? the lunus rop is again not set up for Uber leet scales no offense you took the cheep way to gain your wings. try again and only do a lv 30 30 kaa will take 2 shots lem you can solo easily sd should take about 6-10[/QUOTE]

dont mean to be rude. but alot of people do complain that taking hatchlings at baremin is a pain. I spent weeks to get my craft up and then do my rop without the assistance of an ancient or adult. the fights were intense and hard. So no i did not cheat my way. I worked hard for what i achived.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanukk Sytheclaw View Post
    dont mean to be rude. but alot of people do complain that taking hatchlings at baremin is a pain. I spent weeks to get my craft up and then do my rop without the assistance of an ancient or adult. the fights were intense and hard. So no i did not cheat my way. I worked hard for what i achived.
    And I say, way to go. In my eyes and I know in the eyes of plenty others, you definitely earned your wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    I could point out so many flaws with your logic here, but I'll point out just one.

At level 30, a hatchling would have to have a higher level do the work for them as no level 30 Lunus hatchling would ever bring down the Entombed Dragon alone. And no level 30 Helian hatchling would ever bring down Kaa alone.

To say someone who refused the ability to fly for long enough to obtain tier 5 scales, be it level 100 adventure or level 100 craft, is a cheap person for doing so is just plain stupid.

Someone who can say 'no' to ascension for 100 levels of something is far more commendable than someone who has a couple ancients following them around to help 'em kill everything.
    Realy let me contest this theory i can make it by my self as a lv 30 30 hachie to take out lem kaa and get all the way to the shadow dragon by my self with out being guided i know i have done it with the dragon gliding i can land my self right at the center of the spiral wait till he comes in range pop pop recall rince repeat with lem

Will i would need help with cristal and mind

sd hit RUN hit RUN rince repeat with the phylactery it was omg wtf powerful 3 years ago when i went throw my right sd took about 6 hits if i remember correctly
    lem 2
    Kaa (Before glide was put in i did have help )

The phylactery makes Lem, the Shadow Dragon, Selenia, and, for Lunus, Kaa, soloable by any hatchling that tries hard enough. Therefore, for these fights, level doesn't matter at all.

The fights where level does matter, Esh, the Entombed Will, the Crystalline Golem, etc., are what a level thirty hatchling has to be handheld through. Everything that does not involve the phylactery, the hatchling is dependent upon some higher level character doing it for them. The level 30 can't even hit the mobs.

Therefore, at 30/30, you cannot do it on your own. All you can do on your own are the parts everyone can do on their own. All the other parts, parts that a higher level hatchling might be able to actually do on their own, a 30/30 needs to be carried through on another player's back.

Waiting until a higher level (or until you have T5 scales) means you are making more of your own effort. It's not "cheap". It's rather respectable in fact, since flight makes things like the craft grind much easier. To get to a level where you can actually solo the RoP (not just use the phylactery on things, which anyone can do), requires willpower and takes more effort than sitting on someone's back so that you can be carried through the non-phylactery parts of the quest, of which there are many.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Realy let me contest this theory i can make it by my self as a lv 30 30 hachie to take out lem kaa and get all the way to the shadow dragon by my self with out being guided i know i have done it with the dragon gliding i can land my self right at the center of the spiral wait till he comes in range pop pop recall rince repeat with lem

Will i would need help with cristal and mind

sd hit RUN hit RUN rince repeat with the phylactery it was omg wtf powerful 3 years ago when i went throw my right sd took about 6 hits if i remember correctly
    lem 2
    Kaa (Before glide was put in i did have help )
    A level 30/30 hatchling doing the lunus RoP will not be able to do Entombed Will and Esh on their own. If you claim that you can do these two solo, prove it.

A level 30/30 hatchling doing the Helian RoP will not be able to do Kaa on their own as they get their phylactery after they kill Kaa. So if you think you can have a 30/30 hatchling without a phylactery solo a level 60 in the spiral of the WD where said level 60 has 40someoddthousand health, again prove it.

... I spent weeks to get my craft up and then do my rop without the assistance of an ancient or adult. the fights were intense and hard. So no i did not cheat my way. I worked hard for what i achived.
    Nicely done.

*/deepbow* Well done Zanukk on both the crafting grind and finishing RoP like this. It is good to see that there are also LvL <40 non-"total assistance" adults. Congratulations on you both.

ontopic If the damage you posted is real then I agree it is a bit over the top.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    The phylactery makes Lem, the Shadow Dragon, Selenia, and, for Lunus, Kaa, soloable by any hatchling that tries hard enough. Therefore, for these fights, level doesn't matter at all.

The fights where level does matter, Esh, the Entombed Will, the Crystalline Golem, etc., are what a level thirty hatchling has to be handheld through. Everything that does not involve the phylactery, the hatchling is dependent upon some higher level character doing it for them. The level 30 can't even hit the mobs.

Therefore, at 30/30, you cannot do it on your own. All you can do on your own are the parts everyone can do on their own. All the other parts, parts that a higher level hatchling might be able to actually do on their own, a 30/30 needs to be carried through on another player's back.

Waiting until a higher level (or until you have T5 scales) means you are making more of your own effort. It's not "cheap". It's rather respectable in fact, since flight makes things like the craft grind much easier. To get to a level where you can actually solo the RoP (not just use the phylactery on things, which anyone can do), requires willpower and takes more effort than sitting on someone's back so that you can be carried through the non-phylactery parts of the quest, of which there are many.
    Pre nerf of the physicality

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    A level 30/30 hatchling doing the lunus RoP will not be able to do Entombed Will and Esh on their own. If you claim that you can do these two solo, prove it.

A level 30/30 hatchling doing the Helian RoP will not be able to do Kaa on their own as they get their phylactery after they kill Kaa. So if you think you can have a 30/30 hatchling without a phylactery solo a level 60 in the spiral of the WD where said level 60 has 40someoddthousand health, again prove it.
    I forgot Entombed you will be correct on that . esh i all ready stated as Mind as in Mindlasher

I hope this does not turn into a discussion about the ability to kill various mobs solo.

This post was made because 1 hitting the Shadow Dragon which has 700.000 health points is a bug.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The RoP quest is being completely revamped for our next major content update. Therefore this bug will be fixed with the next patch, so closing the thread as a "Known Issue" at this point.

Thread Information