Thread: The Forgotten New Areas

Blog Entries

Default The Forgotten New Areas

I was thinking about something a few days back when I was checking out the old forgotten new areas that got all the resources and NPCs pulled making it into a ghost town.

What if we were to use these areas for say-- Player Auctions of items, Player selling of items, and kinda turn them into a Player Ran Town of sorts. We still have access to them, they are still wonderful places to visit, and they could also make some great RP chances.

This is just an idea to throw out here to the rest of the Order server, since we are a RP server and I hate to see good areas just go to waste.

Unless someone has a story as to /why/ they were dumped due to some weird fear of Blight invasion or something? >.>

Default Re: The Forgotten New Areas

Fear of a Blight invasion is entirely possible. The time line that the resources and remaining NPC pullout was around the same time frame as the Battle of Lerena, making it a very convenient excuse.

...I think. I cannot find the GU # it was in so don't have an exact date of when this happened. If you can help me find the date the GU was when the final pull out was, it would be appreciated in finding out what happened to these isles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Fear of a Blight invasion is entirely possible. The time line that the resources and remaining NPC pullout was around the same time frame as the Battle of Lerena, making it a very convenient excuse.

...I think. I cannot find the GU # it was in so don't have an exact date of when this happened. If you can help me find the date the GU was when the final pull out was, it would be appreciated in finding out what happened to these isles.
    I sadly wouldn't have this information, as I just came back very recently and got back into the activity of the RP once again also very recently(I still have yet to get active on the Dragon Channel).

Though I am sure someone has these dates, I just hate seeing those areas go to no use and having really no information IC wise to what happened. Though I am glad to see I am not the only.

I am also guessing GU means Game Universe Time? ^^;

Sorry I wasn't specific, GU means Game Update. ^^;

I'm looking through past patch notes as I specifically remember them mentioning that the resources and remaining NPCS were removed but can't find said patch notes that actually mentions this.

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    I was thinking about something a few days back when I was checking out the old forgotten new areas that got all the resources and NPCs pulled making it into a ghost town.

What if we were to use these areas for say-- Player Auctions of items, Player selling of items, and kinda turn them into a Player Ran Town of sorts. We still have access to them, they are still wonderful places to visit, and they could also make some great RP chances.

This is just an idea to throw out here to the rest of the Order server, since we are a RP server and I hate to see good areas just go to waste.

Unless someone has a story as to /why/ they were dumped due to some weird fear of Blight invasion or something? >.>
    Which areas are you referring to here? Tazoon?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Which areas are you referring to here? Tazoon?
    They were the original training areas. Like New Trismus(sp), the three others, which, as we all know, don't have any NPC, resources, and no monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by neva View Post
    They were the original training areas. Like New Trismus(sp), the three others, which, as we all know, don't have any NPC, resources, and no monsters.
    Ah... Yeah. That was by design so that all newbies would be funneled to New Trismus and it would feel more crowded.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yes, but what was the last date the resources were pulled off of New Brommel/New Vassarak/New Koraelia?

I know it was done in shifts of two, once to take out some NPCs like the vaultkeeper and trainers, then there was another that pulled the remaining NPCs and the resources.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Ah... Yeah. That was by design so that all newbies would be funneled to New Trismus and it would feel more crowded.
    Oh I know the reason. But we are trying to figure out the when, and thus we can solve to why for In Character reasons, not really OOC reasons.
    Though I still want to make the place a player ran area. X3

Only way you can use these locations is by holding planned events there.

For now it seems NT is developing as a hub location for random activity, but any other place can be used for planned events, you could hold weekly or biweekly gatherings, where people can interact, create contest and have various sponsors.

what about the map, has anyone noticed that by Delagrath (may have spelled that wrong) there is a new green area off the other side of the blight, but that is not there? why not!! *wants to explore*

I have still been researching into this matter and I found two dates,
    Adventurer trainers, the cosigners and pawnbrokers were removed on Sept 18 2007
    Crafting Trainers, Vault Keepers and Stewards were removed June 30 2008

but I can't find specifically when the resources themselves were removed. I can only assume it is the second date as that is when the head(s) of the island(s) left. Support dosen't know either, so unless someone has a better date, that is it. Coincidentally, it fits nicely

The Battle of Lerena/Grayling was May 25 2008. This was the day Blight anchors spawned in a community area. Perhaps the population of these islands were so low, the residents feared that in the case of an invasion, the Gifted could not be rallied as quickly as was Lerena, an island that constantly has gifted running up and down it for ROPs.

Another scenario could be that as there is no records of what happened to the resources, perhaps they dried up slowly over time.
    With no resources and no visitors, you really don't have a village, especially as the islands are so remote.

I'm trying to find an example of a thriving Istarian settlement that meets those standards, (remote+no resources) to perhaps disband this second theory, but I'm not finding one. It could entirely be a possibility of both theories. With no resources, you cannot make weapons or reinforced buildings. I also notice that in the patchnotes for June, this was a round of plot resizing, so most gifted stayed close to home.

At any rate the Stewards are gone. With no way to actually question them, perhaps all we gifted have are theories. Perhaps Pratt may know what happened to the others, but good luck questioning that rude naka.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I have still been researching into this matter and I found two dates,
    Adventurer trainers, the cosigners and pawnbrokers were removed on Sept 18 2007
    Crafting Trainers, Vault Keepers and Stewards were removed June 30 2008

but I can't find specifically when the resources themselves were removed. I can only assume it is the second date as that is when the head(s) of the island(s) left. Support dosen't know either, so unless someone has a better date, that is it. Coincidentally, it fits nicely

The Battle of Lerena/Grayling was May 25 2008. This was the day Blight anchors spawned in a community area. Perhaps the population of these islands were so low, the residents feared that in the case of an invasion, the Gifted could not be rallied as quickly as was Lerena, an island that constantly has gifted running up and down it for ROPs.

Another scenario could be that as there is no records of what happened to the resources, perhaps they dried up slowly over time.
    With no resources and no visitors, you really don't have a village, especially as the islands are so remote.

I'm trying to find an example of a thriving Istarian settlement that meets those standards, (remote+no resources) to perhaps disband this second theory, but I'm not finding one. It could entirely be a possibility of both theories. With no resources, you cannot make weapons or reinforced buildings. I also notice that in the patchnotes for June, this was a round of plot resizing, so most gifted stayed close to home.

At any rate the Stewards are gone. With no way to actually question them, perhaps all we gifted have are theories. Perhaps Pratt may know what happened to the others, but good luck questioning that rude naka.
    Then with that being side, we can assume that the people whom lived in these areas did indeed leave due to the threat at hand and also with the resources started to become depleted then they perhaps also feared that the land itself was dieing.

Cool.

Now then, I guess depending if these areas do stay active for us to travel too, perhaps we can also maybe do RP investigations into the matter as gifted and perhaps create an interesting story involving the issue?
    This is just an idea to give people something to do In the game, since we do have the arena event and I am for one, not a big fan of arena matches(neither is my oldest character, though I do have one who finds it amusing and maybe another who have a go).

Also need to remember which corner of the main Istaria map you can go to too fly into them. >.>

Thread Information