Thread: Satyr Island Talismans/Scales

Default Satyr Island Talismans/Scales

Please consider changing the skill required to make these items (and the resources) to ingenuity or intuition or whichever one lets you do stuff based on adv level.

It seems a bit cruel to force players to level jeweler to be able to visit the islands and kill the little balls of evilness. (As all these items are attuned upon make) so you can't buy a set from an existing jeweler.

Which I have to say, I can see the money sink part of it, but it also robs revenue from someone that could, over the course of several years, offset the high cost of the forms by selling the goods he/she could produce from them.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Default Re: Satyr Island Talismans/Scales

Agree. Or make it so they are no longer attuned on creation. Attune on equip?

Also, the Scale of Revelry no longer converts damage to Revelry. Something is needed to kill Inhibition wisps....

Either way something needs done with the talisman forms... skill change would be most welcome.

Could dev's comment why all the scales/talismans are attune on equip?? Seriously whats the reasoning?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    Could dev's comment why all the scales/talismans are attune on equip?? Seriously whats the reasoning?
    It's my understanding they're attune on make, so they cannot be traded. This means any that were kept on mules are stuck on those mules forever.

Changing them to use intuition or ingenuity, sure, we can consider that.

But the attunement will remain. Making them attune-on-install makes no sense to me since they are socketed items. We don't want you trading the talisman, we don't care about the weapon you used it with.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I truly wish I had known the talismans were going to become attuned, the set for my dragon was stored on a mule. With the changes it means it is now impossible for a dragon to use the weapon crystal instead of the headscale. Nowadays with a fully tech'ed t5 headscale swapping down to that satyr island headscale is a real lose of stats compared to just swapping in a weapon crystal.

Dracaena

If it goes ingenuity/intuition, then there would be a possibility that a dragon could make the talisman so having that as an option would solve that problem.

Thank you for your consideration on this.

Would you also please consider making the talismans so that they dont have to be socketed? Maybe make them like the Heart item that is "used" from the backpack to change damage type for the myloc Queen. Then they also could be made as "attuned when used" if that is any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Would you also please consider making the talismans so that they dont have to be socketed? Maybe make them like the Heart item that is "used" from the backpack to change damage type for the myloc Queen. Then they also could be made as "attuned when used" if that is any help.
    Any more changes and I'm afraid they may get broken. No point in un-necessary changes. Changing it so you do not need to be a jeweler to create them should suffice.

Formulas were changed to use Ingenuity in patch 182 that is on blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information