Thread: Ruined Refinery rebuilt - won't activate

Default Ruined Refinery rebuilt - won't activate

I filed a ticket on this, but wanted to post here too.

I am holding my dragon on Blight as a hatchie, so I can use him to help test the RoP revamp whenever it comes in. But I also want to do lairshaping, and there is simply not a good place to work silver bars in any kind of quantity (like the quantities needed for lairshaping) unless you can fly.

So, I just spent the last 2 days, on the Blight Server, rebuilding the ruined ore refinery east of Chiconis (the one out by the silver golems) with my biped. When I got done, the ruined structure poofed and a nice new one appeared in its place, but there were no anvils or smelters that showed up.

I opened the structure details and clicked the activate button, but nothing happened.

After talking to some people in game about this, it appears that it won't activate and there are other re-built shops that are in the same condition?

Is there any way this can be activated? Or if not... is there any way some silver can be put in that is more easily workable for non-flying dragons?

There is silver on Abandoned island, but very few veins. There is some silver near the iron fields by Chiconis, but again, very few viens. The only other spot I've seen is a few veins near Dralk.

For the lair chamber I'm currently working on I'm going to need 5-6000 silver bars. Without being able to fly, there's really not a place to work that many bars. Unless there's someplace I've missed...

Default Re: Ruined Refinery rebuilt - won't activate

We're also waiting for ours on Order. They've been done for several weeks now. They're supposed to be manually activated on the server side.

The smelter off of Chiconis and the stoneworker at Dalimond.
    I too need something to the tune of 18k silver bars and no place to make them.

I was looking forward to getting my 9k sandstone without visiting the Bermuda Triangle and being 700m away from a portal.
    Last edited by Shian; April 9th, 2010 at 04:29 AM.

The same goes for the ruined refinery in exactly the same location on Chaos, last I checked - it's completely built but has no smelters/anvils.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

If there was even a way to run from the silver field up to the iron field without going halfway around the world, it would help

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Look at the northwest corner of Scorpion Island Mountain. There is a smelter out there, along with iron and silver nodes.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Look at the northwest corner of Scorpion Island Mountain. There is a smelter out there, along with iron and silver nodes.
    I've been out there - there is silver, but not a lot. Plus it is a looooonnnnggg way to drag a disk to a portal from out there.

I just don't understand why the refinery at Chiconis won't work now. I used to use this refinery all the time and during some point of the T2 revamp (I think) it became ruined. Now, on all 3 servers it has been rebuilt but apparently can't be activated? Is this a bug that can't be fixed? or what?

The silver at scorpion mountain is linked with the iron there so it can be feast, famine, or a combination. The thing that does help working that field is you do have road bonus most of the way back to the portal at Slate Hills (spun sugar is wonderful for the run). Added attraction is that very nice gem field and shop on the way for your tricuts.

But yeah, I don't think a single community shop that was built since the t2 revamp has activated on any shard.

Dracaena

I don't see any attraction to SI at all. The nodes not only are far and few between, but they're much farther from the smelter than any of the other areas. Add in the drudge to and from the portal and pad and it just becomes downright painful.

Went up to AI for silver and it worked for about an hour only to quickly run out of nodes on the smelter side. Flying from one end of the top of the island to the other was not very appealing and wasted too much time.

If you have wings, Selen is still faster (at least on Order). There's a Jman smelter and a vault near the same spot, so I've been flying across the river and doing vault runs.

Thread Information