Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventure Dragon Build

Default Re: Adventure Dragon Build

If you are at 90 and using last tier (60) scales, that plays a huge factor.

I've also not heard of someone using Str scales with no armor on it before. What is your armor rating?
    Ahh okey I checked in game - I was wrong.

I'm using a set of level 80 ranked scales (Mithril Marble). They ARE Armor Based Scales. They are teched mostly with mostly Armor/Str/T&C and Health on every piece (outside of the fly/run speed on the wings of course) or the triple Eminence Peice I have .

My overall Armor stat is 1628.

My Points are:

423 in T&C (more than 3/4 of the bar) for a total of 1338 Current T&C
    388 in STR (3/4 the bar) for a total of 1064
    132 in Primal (1/4) - for a total of 1068
    and 137 in Hleaht (1/4 bar) - for a current total of 2427.

I have points nowhere else.

I had always thought T&C was a top priority for lunus/melee dragons, even over STR - even though mine are very close I do tend to put more points in T&C overall. Health because its Health and I know its always helpful . Primal was to ensure I could cast the fully teched t5/6 spells or whatever - and for when I DO use spells (either as a last resort to do damage or when I'm farming) them to be at least a little bit more effective .

But if anyone feels any of those points would be better spent in evasion or more in Str than T&C or whatever - I'm open to ideas. I just..don't feel very strong heh.

Oh and no, I'm not near hoard capped...heh. 2 Millionish.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

I'm using a set of level 80 ranked scales (Mithril Marble). They ARE Armor Based Scales. They are teched mostly with mostly Armor/Str/T&C and Health on every piece (outside of the fly/run speed on the wings of course) or the triple Eminence Peice I have .

My Points are:

I had always thought T&C was a top priority for lunus/melee dragons, even over STR - even though mine are very close I do tend to put more points in T&C overall. Health because its Health and I know its always helpful . Primal was to ensure I could cast the fully teched t5/6 spells or whatever - and for when I DO use spells (either as a last resort to do damage or when I'm farming) them to be at least a little bit more effective .

But if anyone feels any of those points would be better spent in evasion or more in Str than T&C or whatever - I'm open to ideas. I just..don't feel very strong heh.

Double check your armor, it should be 2000+ unless you do not have much hoard. 25.333 million hoard or more adds a total of 480 armor. 4 for each hoard level + 80 bonus when you max it out above 25.333 million. edit: Just saw where you mentioned the 2 million-ish hoard. Thats about level 51 or so. You should be getting about 200 armor from that, and you could have another 280 armor if you would raise the hoard. Also, you should make sure you have all of the hardened scales quests done. I'm assuming you are level 100 since you have been around forever. If not, then finish your adventure levels and quests. There are new primal mastery and tooth&claw mastery quests that go all the way to level 100 now.

T&C is most important, you should move points into it until it is maxed out. Take points out of str or health. The primal could be lowered a bit, but thats an approximately good place to have it at (1060) (assuming you are making use of our debuff spells grazing wnids and unrelenting winds.) I would take all those points out of str and put them into evasion. The only effective way to raise evasion is tp's. str can be raised with techs, and crystals in sockets, but evasion can't. Evasion is almost always > health. And since you mentioned you have health teched onto your scales, shouldnt be any need for it in training points. Training points are the cheaper way to raise health tho vs str, etc. health costs 1, str costs 4. You might want to re-make your scales dropping the health tech in favor of say crush resistance, etc. Head go with 2 sockets + razor teeth tech. wings, you need to make a new set for combat and leave off the velocity and speed. t&c + str + piercing winds tech on each.

Also, judging from your low hoard level, it appears you don't likely make use of gold rage or other hoard powered abilities? Unless you are using everything at your disposal, it's no suprise you run into difficulty against the tougher mobs. Some you should do fine against, but others are balanced to provide more challenge to the multiclassed and fully geared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

My Points are:

stats like str/dex/focus and power off training points is well not a good place to invest points as at the end spending 600 points for 150 str/dexfocus or power is a very minor buff to your overall stats. it is somthing you can live without as investing eslewhere you wont even notice the difference.

any armor that can be slotted should be slotted , that be chest , forlegs and headpiece. @ lvl 100 off 4 slots you get 260 of any given stat (+65 more on wep) hp by 600 to 750 via xtals.

need lvl 100 armor xtals/jewel and wep xtals. go play with the ghost dwarves in doom they tend to be very generous. also in hoardables.

have problems with hoard and need to get some. well you have a few choices for that and fire opal golems tend to be very generous not only in hoard but with trophies and stuff that you can sell and make a profit off (bipeds will love to buy those trophies or just sell em to a trophy hunter)

scales like a triple pv or stun scale sound very nice but in reality they are only used for key encounters meaning bosses or named mobs like thistleface and the golem king. you wont find them useful on normal mobs as gold rage does a darn good job to 1 shot most of em.

if you are not lvl 100 or if your gold rage cannot really take down a fire opal golem in 1 shot do try sand scarabs. those guys just loooooove to drop priceless rings. 16000 hoard but they are very friendly in giving em to ya.

You may also want to think about dmg increasing teches aval. you may need to ask dragons on your server who have ventured into doom for em.

deadly V requires 2 hunter scorpion stingers 2 vetran mummy wrappings and 4 shining essence. you will need to make a double slotted claw to apply to it and well it gives you 15 dmg delay ajusted (not 15 dmg extra per hit this really increases your overall dmg big time) and 50 chance to hit.

Piercing winds V needs 2 defiled shades ectoplasm and 2 bhal'kuk jawbones. 4 shining essence. these are applied to your wings and you can put up on both for double the boost. you may have to scratch off 1 stat from wings (thus make new ones) these give you 25 dmg delay ajusted each (50 total) this is a huge boost to your dmg big time heck even adding them on speed and velocity teched wings still makes you very strong.

Last one to think about is a bit elusive due to how rare the comps for it are. That one is razor teeth V. this one needs 2 bhal'kuk molars which only the bhal'kuk chieftian will drop and 2 intact mainboards from the robots in old rachival which are rare drops from em (use primal attack to convert your dmg type to primal as they are immune to slash) 4 shining orbs. This gives you 10 dmg delay ajusted and 50 chance to hit at the cost of one jewelry slot on your head scale.

all combinded does help out dragons alot. getting the comps may require help.

Thank you for all the advice! I'll get to movign around some of those STr/Health TPs into Evasion and max out T&C!

I'll write down the stuff for the scales and techs, I know mine are out of date but as I'm not focused on killing stuff in the last yera or so I've not bothered to figure out what I "needed" to get. But I will take note! Thank you!

Also, yea I'm level 90. Just cuz I've not adventured much for two years...lol. But nto yet 100. But I've also not maxxed out the 'added in' ability quests after 60; since as I mentioend above, I've just not been adventuring.

I'll make note of it to remind myself. I do have..I think T&C on my quest log right now so I'll need to max that one up when I feel like lagging to kill stuff :/. That's my biggest issue is when I go to try and up my ability's wth the quests I end up dying - A LOT. Because of mob lag and POP on top of me and overwhelmed and..yes...

But thank you! Making note of all of it!!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Ok so, quck question..

Should I move ALL STR into Evasion? Or keep some in both?

I'm a melee lunus dragon - so mostly T&C. I moved Health and some STR into evasion so now my points look like this:

Maxed T&C - 1380 there
    Half bar in STR - 1211 there
    1/4 bar stayed in Primal - 1068
    And now no health bonus but instead 1/4 a bar in Evasion for a total of 913.

I know STR does help me, but I also know that yea I can tech it in scales. Should I drop all the STR into Evasion or maybe another 1/4 bar (switching their relative positions to 1/2 a bar into evasion and 1/4 bar of STR). Or just give up STR entirely (is evasion that good? lol).

Which do ya'll feel is the most efficient?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

As for moving points into evasion I can only say... It's not worth it. Morphaz is focused on dexterity (around 1600 buffed) and at one point had full TP in evasion which got him up to 1221... But the benefit was barely noticable.

So unless you do it for RP purposes, move them into something else, T+C, Str, health, anything really.

Ahh okey, then if noone else has any differing opinions (anyone?) then - well does Dex make a big difference?

If not I'll just leave'em where they are at. Or I'll move out what I put into Evasion back into STR - someone else had said Evasion but if its a divided opinion I"ll put it into what I know benefits me instead of "maybe".

So how do you like the DEX build?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Put them in evasion and then try fighting like that for a week.

You can always move them back. Sitting there scared to try anything is silly.

Evasion/Dex split would be good way to use them too, if you still have trouble hitting (miss alot) after you have already maxed out t&c training points. If after maxing out t&c you rarely miss, stick them all into evasion.

Well T&C will stay maxxed out now, since I'm still 90 and not 100 - if/when I gain levels I'll keep it maxxed either way .

Its not "scared" to try anything - its that I don't hunt all that often so I'd just rather find out from those who do than to spend the time experiementing myself - lol.

Most recently it was frustrating when I hunted even outside of Dalimond with the new quests - so I dread having to do it with things that could actually kill me. Frustration not due to my fighting abilities (other than the overly long recycle timers that make me grrr); but due to the issues I Have with mobs loading.

So the idea of fighting instead of just crafting along for 2-3 weeks playing with training points gives me twitches .

But I do like to read the reasoning behind what each does - I forget half of everytyhing about this game in the last 6 years so its good to be reminded . And yea the Evasion/Dex thing does sound like a good idea too.

So I get what Evasion is for.

So Dexterity assists - sounds like from what people are saying - Dex adds to hit, adds to chance to hit - does it add to chance to avoid hits? Or is that only Evasion?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Dexterity does both, it adds to your chance to hit, it adds to your t+c skill (7.5%?) and to your avoidance by increasing your evasion slightly.

Aha! Ok good! Thank you!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information