Thread: Clash of the Titans

Default Clash of the Titans

I've been considering if I want to see this movie in 3D or not. I knew it was a rush job with hopes of riding on Avatar's coat tails and have hesitated going to see it. Since it was released I've read some reviews that say that the 3D conversion they did on it was awful and supporters of 3D in the industry were worried that it might damage people's perception of how good 3D is. Was just wondering who has seen it and if it is worth the premium on the ticket price.

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

3d for this movie wasnt worth it..
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Several of my friends told me that the 3D conversion was total horrid, and made a sub par movie worse with it. Save your money and go watch How to train your dragon in 3D

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Several of my friends told me that the 3D conversion was total horrid, and made a sub par movie worse with it. Save your money and go watch How to train your dragon in 3D
    That is about what I was expecting. Can't do a good conversion in the 6 weeks or so that they gave them. Was a good example of sacrificing the quality in order to make a buck. And they certainly succeeded.

I read that Cameron is doing a conversion of Titanic but is going to take like 9 months to do it. The report I read from someone who has seen a sample said it was "magnificent". And, of course, Lucas is hopping onto the bandwagon and is going to release yet another version of the Star Wars movies in 3D.

Unfortunately, they never brought How to Train Your Dragon to this area in 3D since Alice was doing very well at that point. The theater that has this area's sole 3D capable screen didn't even get the 2D version. I assume so as to avoid confusion. I'd have to travel about 1.5 hours to get to a theater with 3D.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i was really looking forward to this, as was snake, but we hear nothing but good things about it.....
    decided to save our little spare movie money to go see kickazz tonight....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

The movie itself was fine - not the original but I didn't go expecting the original. It was fun fantasy-action-popcorn; but expect the plot to be way dumbed down, as well as the characters.

We saw it in 3d and while it wasnt' impressive (How To Train Definitely Better) neither did we really notice any of the blurring or destruction of the movie others are seeing. Just really looked like an enhanced normal movie to me - with a few things that were more in your face. I never noticed any "bad" 3d effects *shrugs*

We knew it had been upconverted quickly and were expecting crap - but if this is the "worst" a 3d movie can look; I still like it better .

Star Wars in 3d - now that will be cool - assuming Lucas does it the right and slow way. (Titanic? uhh..ok..2 1/2 hours of it seems pointless in 3d but the ship sinking would be cool lol).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information