Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATTN DEVS: Review on monks/disciples and the problems we face. Please read!

aceracer24

Default Re: ATTN DEVS: Review on monks/disciples and the problems we face. Please read!

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Hmm I must assume i was the one "trying their best to proove monks are not broken" but that simply is not the case. If it was I wouldn't have started the issues list thread, I wouldn't have made countless posts on the topic nor mentioned it 5+ times a day on irc/in game.

I KNOW monks are broken and need fixing.
    Yes you have stated so...but yet you seem to try and make things look less bad then they are. Perfect example is what yu said about menkures idea of whats broken...anyway it's a mute point. I appologized as I was a bit steamed..probably more about what Vahrokh said then anything else. It was a case of bad timing i guess. Anyway I think for the most part we all agree..monks are not a very good class compaired to some of the others out there.

hobojo

Default Re: ATTN DEVS: Review on monks/disciples and the problems we face. Please read!

I'd just like to point out that Firestorm (the level 90) FLMDability is incredibly fun to use. Nothing like aggroing the entire spawn with one ability :P

You know what would be interesting is if AE added features of the abandoned Rogue class to the Monk and its prestige classes. Make them non-masterable and it would be rather cool.

Think of a monk sneaking around monsters and such.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Nice article. There's no arguing that monks have the lowest damage of all classes. Only thing lower is probably a dragon that does not use hoard abilities in combat (ie a non-crafter dragon).

I heard about monks and archers being gimped, but I was blown away yesterday as I watched a level 100 elar kill mithril golems with INCREDIBLE speed while wearing CARGO armor. The elar was using ranged flurry with each hit of the flurry doing 100-120 damage for over 400 total damage per shot (which is more than the 2-minute timer dragon special attack "ravage" was doing against those golems). Even level 100 golems were going down in 5 or so shots. That elar was killing the golems faster than I could even though I was dressed in fully teched T5 combat scales and was using gold rage and silver strike at maximum rate.

Not only was the elar killing faster (damage over time was a little below using gold rage, but the elar could open fire immediately without taking time to close with the target), but the elar was also much safer, taking zero damage from the mobs even when handling multiple golems at the same time.

In just the time it took for my prime bolt to cast to pull a golem out of the pack so I could melee it, the elar had already taken his golem down to half its health!

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Ranged flurry has no damage reduction. As a result once every 4 minutes archers can do some truly incridble damage. For elars or more specifically scouts If they dont have flurry up in my experience it requires a bit of kiting to kill most things.

Monks can do no where near the kind of damage out put of any other melee class unless they do something to increase their strength or they don't use unarmed.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

-the main problem I faced with ice disciple was with the ability Ice Tomb. The animation didnt work and the ability didnt do anything... you would use the ability and that was it.. the action never takes place..

-Group Ice Armor is missing an icon as well when casted in the effects box.. comes up as a blur icon.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Awesome article... now just to figure out a way to showe it down thier throats [*-)]

Thread Information