Thread: Clipped Wings

Default Clipped Wings

((I had a random idea to try and so here it is. You may have seen him in New trismus just sitting around. At the moment I am just remaking him to change his color as I think red doesn't suit him, but will be the same character roughly.))

"You see... all you need is for I to place a rune on your horn, and once it is done you only envision a doorway to walk through when you want to change." said the teacher to him. Sarathas Razorwing was her student today, learning about how to change his form. The teacher took a hold of his left horn and after etching for several gruelling minutes, it finally was done.

"Would nieo be able to do this now? And if nieo wanted to change back, it is like a doorway as well? he asked of his teacher.

Nodding to him, she said "Yes, to go between the forms is the same, just clear your mind, and step through a doorway of light..." she spoke calmly.

He closed his eyes, clearing his head. Envisioning a bight doorway of light, he took the step forward through it, and began to feel the change. Keeping his concentration and mind clear, it finally was complete.

It really at first was not as he had expected. His legs were tall and spindly, his tail was now short. This made it slightly difficult to keep balance with as he was used to walking on all fours with a long tail. He felt himself fall backwards onto his back.

"Ouch! Bah, Ieo guess this takes some getting used to.." he noted.

His teacher was looking him up and down with great interest by this time. "Well, yes, usually everyone does have their hatching steps at first but... well... I don't think it worked..."

Wait, what? You don't think it worked?! he thought to himself.

"What does that mean? I am on two legs, like a khutit, scaly like a khutit, small like--" he was cut off by her.

"Try to change back." she commanded.

Her student thought very hard of the door to try to walk back through, but no matter how many times he tried, he could not even get a slight tingle of any sensation associated with the change.

"Ieo... Ieo cannot change?!" he screamed.

His teacher shook her head. Most dragons are able to flawlessly change their shape. Every now and then however, you could expect to get one who takes khutit form and cannot get back out of it. They are permanently khutits for the rest of their life.

His teacher looked at him now, more coldly. Looking into each other's eyes, she spoke again.

"Failiure. Get out, naka duskael!" she roared, tail swiping him out her lair door.

Unfortunately, this lair door as many dragons know, is several meters off the ground. Fortunately for her student, he was gifted and found himself shortly in New Trismus.

Default Re: Clipped Wings

Sitting himself down at the shrine, Sarathas whined and cried petulantly in grief. "Ieo was a dragon..! Ieo wants k'ieo's wings back... must change back!"

Hatchlings and other dragons walked by casually, most frowning when they saw him, others ignoring him as he sat and tried hard to return through the door of light in his mind. And always with each attempt as he sat for hours going through the exercise came failiure.

His thinking was interrupted by a hatchling's voice. It was running around him in little circles, looking him up and down before stopping in front of him. "Ieo thinks you weird looking dragon! You walk on two legs like a ssilik and are all scrawny! Ieo call you oddball from now on!" it laughed hysterically as it ran off.

This hatchling, by rubbing salt into a wounded spirit, had utterly broken it.

Nicely written
    Poor Sarathas, though...

Very unique and creative! I loved it. I thought it was quite interesting how that hatchling wandered up in New Trismus right then and there after all that happened, sorry Stars didn't take notice to him at the time! Lots was going on D:

(Wow, so messed up. ;p That teacher should be blown up, like Mae was. >.>; )
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

aww pooor draggie - makes me feel so sad for him

Frith would be heartbroken for that hatchling. She would definitely want to help him find his wings and return to his true form. And yea, she'd want to take out that teacher...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Frith would be heartbroken for that hatchling. She would definitely want to help him find his wings and return to his true form. And yea, she'd want to take out that teacher...
    LungTien would try to help as well

Heartrending.

Can I help?

Aucapoma
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

you know a gnome would love to be able to tinker wings for him... if he's willing to test the designs... repeatedly, with a little more tinkering on them each time... ;-)

Thread Information