Thread: I can't find winter Gruoks

Default I can't find winter Gruoks

I thought they were south of snowfall, but I can only find one. Once I kill it, it dosen't come back. Were they moved elsewhere?

Default Re: I can't find winter Gruoks

There should be some winter grouks on Trandalar. Try around Brandon's Shelf. There's a named gruok that you have to kill for attuning to one of the settlements there so there should be some regular gruoks as well.

I had to travel quite a bit south of Snow Fall to find any gruoks there. I was closer to Kirasanct than Mahagra, and they were intermingled with winter wolves.

The quest log says they're south of mahagra, so that is where I'm going to try and find them. I know there are plenty in Trandalaar, I just need to see if this quest text is valid.

Was looking for them a few weeks back. I eventually found them, but they were almost to the wolves, and it took FOREVER for them to load, and then they were REALLY laggy (not being where they were supposed to be, ignoring attacks, etc). Might be your prob. Go park up on top of the hill at round 23544/29531 or so and see ifn they show up.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

From what I recall about hunting winter gruoks, they have several spawn areas along the road. I've found them as far south as the ice palace area where the road ends and on up to just south of Snowfall. If you've been checking that whole length, then I suspect walkerglassmire is correct about the lag for them to spawn.

yeah, there are several spawn areas from the ice arch all the way to where the Ice Pygs and Orgres strart, it is a very loooong spawn area. Just watch out for those growling wolves and such.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Found 'em Thanks everyone for your help.

They were just very slow to load.
    I went out hunting sand scarabs and thought they were missing until I landed and went to go find some food. Came back when I heard my draggie screaming lol. Went out to the spot near the palace, waited same amount of time and there they were.

Actually, the spawn isn't slow at all. In fact, some of it has instant respawn. But it makes heavy use of linked spawn regions and it covers a wide area. In addition, there are spawns of Winter Gruok on two continents.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information