Thread: I have a couple of suggestions/requests

Default I have a couple of suggestions/requests

I have been playing for a few weeks now, and for the most part, I like what I see. If I wasn't totally broke, I would probably subscribe. However, I have found a number of things I would like to see added or changed here. It doesn't seem like these things would be too hard to implement.

If anything I suggest here already exists, I guess I just haven't seen how to do it, and I would appreciate instructions on how to do it.

Here we go:
    1. An option on the forums to view posts in the order they were posted, instead of reverse order. The setup here is unlike anything I have ever seen, and it's kind of hard to get used to.

2. Spread out the recipes for cutting gems. Instead of having 3 gems with a gemworking requirement of 1, how about one gem at 1, one at 50, 100, etc. I'm at Miner 17, and each gem refine gives 2 xp for 3 raw gems. I'm not 100% sure of the math here, but it works out to about 100k bulk worth of gems to level to 18. With the pawnbroker being so far away from any gem mine I have found (NT and Kion) I'm pretty much left with throwing the cut gems in the trash.

3. I would like to be able to map "Target nearest resource node" to a hotkey, like you can with "Target nearest enemy."

4. I would like an easier way of sorting the crafting list. For example, could we add another set of checkboxes for the material type (Metal, leather, wood, cloth, stone, etc.) so if you're looking for leather resources you just check those boxes and it hides everything else.

5. As a corollary to #4, I would appreciate an indicator on merchants that tells you if you already have a technique, spell, or formula. I've bought something I had already scribed a couple of times because the list is kind of cumbersome.

6. I would like the Ability list to show all of the abilities that you have unlocked, instead of just the ones you currently have access to through mastery. I'd also like something on the Spells menu that shows whether you can cast it with your current class and level. I know you can mouse over the spells, but having them grayed out would be nice.

There are a couple other things that I had thought of, but I can't remember them right now.

I don't mean for this to come across like I'm a jerk, I just think these are worthwhile improvements to the game.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Nightcaste; May 7th, 2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Subscribing

Default Re: I have a couple of suggestions/requests

3. Probably won't never happen to avoid crafting through while afk.

4. Is already in. You can create your own categories. In the knowledge formula window you can add your categorie (left side of the window, something with add I think) Then you type in the search (right bottom side) something like cloth or leather, when you have your cloth form sorted you select them en drag them on your own created cloth categorie et voila!

5. yup, happens to us all one time or another...

6. What use is seeing all your abilities even if you can't use them? Greying out the spells would be nice.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    3. Probably won't never happen to avoid crafting through while afk.

6. What use is seeing all your abilities even if you can't use them? Greying out the spells would be nice.
    3. But you can fight mobs while AFK? What's the difference? Why discriminate against crafters?

6. Well, you _do_ have the ability, why take it off your list entirely? Why not show it, but with a note that you can't use it as whatever class?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcaste View Post
    3. But you can fight mobs while AFK? What's the difference? Why discriminate against crafters?

6. Well, you _do_ have the ability, why take it off your list entirely? Why not show it, but with a note that you can't use it as whatever class?
    I've never seen a motherload kill a crafter. Mobs can kill you so fighting afk isn't as profitable as crafting can be.

6 for high level multiclassed players the list will get very long. And why would you want to see it?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I can understand the list bloat... what would you think of a show/hide option?

Also, in response to the filter thing, I was looking for something that I don't have to create and keep up manually.

I can understand the list bloat... what would you think of a show/hide option?

Also, in response to the filter thing, I was looking for something that I don't have to create and keep up manually.
    The problem with the filter is where do you stop. You have one set of filters that seem natural; I have another; Sigi has yet another. For instance, one of my most used filters breaks out the construction resources and I could certainly argue for having a filter for each crafting school or skill or station.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

heh all I wanted is the base material, so if you pick "Weapon" (which already exists), you can then pick "Wood" and it will give you all the bows and staves and stuff. If you pick "Metal" it gives you swords, axes, spoons, etc.

Here we go:
    1. An option on the forums to view posts in the order they were posted, instead of reverse order. The setup here is unlike anything I have ever seen, and it's kind of hard to get used to.
    Under User control Panel, on the left under Settings and options, click Edit Options.
    You'll see something titled "Thread Display Options" and you can set this from here.

Hehe I 've ALWAYS wanted "select nearest craft node" hotkey - my adult-dragonyself always has problems clicking nodes without doing the twist...

Personally I'd like a skill-list somewhere that tells me what I don't have - because it helps remind me what I need to go do! Esp. for Dragons when there are varying levels of abilities depending on what has been updated and such. Would help keep track of what quests someoen hasn't done yet - even years later..(like me).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information