Thread: A big Thank-You.

Default A big Thank-You.

I would like to say A big thank-you to the people of Order, particularly Lovwyrm and her mate, for being a huge help to me today.

I won't forget this anytime soon, and I really hope give something in return, even though I know it isn't required of me.

I just thought that I should say, I dunno, Something in thanks for the huge help they gave me today. I would also like to thank those of you who assisted her (Vortura and others) with tech comps and such.

Now that I got some nice new shiny scales, a huge hoard increase, and some good advice, I'm doing much better in combat.

I would also like to say an apology to Guaran, I didn't mean to imply that he was lying in that other thread in General when he said about fighting mobs that are 20+ levels over a dragon's level.

It is just, that the new player with no outside help has a very hard time believing that, especially one who was going on old/outdated advice (back when I did the majority of my leveling, most dragons were advised to go full T&C/Strength/Strength Scales and kill everything in a few seconds before it could hit you, aka, 'glass cannon') and outdated scales/starved hoard.

But now that I've gotten ahold of some better scales (again, much thanks to Lov and co.) and with some better advice, I can see now, how that could be possible. There were a few instances in which I (mostly) solo'd a mob that was 18-22 levels above me and came out of it with enough health that I might have survived that fight solo, so I can believe that much easier now.

Now that I've gotten some better equipment, and I can survive battle a lot easier, I'm eagerly awaiting another chance to put some quality time in Istaria, now that the game is a lot more enjoyable to me.

Thanks, everyone!

Default Re: A big Thank-You.

Glad to hear it turned out so well! I look forward to maybe one day upgrading myself!

For yes, I too leveled back in the day when dragons taking something on 20 levels higher was nutso impossible . I understood why you doubted, but I also had heard we'd "gotten better" in those regards with the right equipment.

We have a great community - thanks to everyone who helps others hunt for those comps they need. And thanks to all the crafters who do cheap/free work!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information