Thread: Something I just noticed

Default Something I just noticed

And I'm sure other people have noticed for quite a while, but when you greet a biped NPC there is often a voice clip of 'hello', and it seems to be randomized a bit.

It just seems weird that when I greet something like a Ssilsk or Saris they sound human. Kind of illusion-shattering.

At the same time it's probably far too minor to be changed right away, but it's just kind of weird.

Default Re: Something I just noticed

There is?

Wow, I never noticed that... I know they usually wave at you, but never heard a voice. Maybe my sound is turned down too far...

Blog Entries

I also have never heard a voice, and I tend to have my stuff up pretty good..

Maybe its just a sound pack you have? If.. you even have a sound pack mod. o.O

It's the sound pack mod and not part of the actual game.

Head here:
    resources_override/resources/sound/characters and delete all the biped folders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post

Head here:
    If he even has it. XD
    If he doesn't have it-- then I am gonna bother every single npc. o_o

The 'hello' noise is actually pretty annoying.

It sounds EACH time you greet a character. Significant Other threatened to unplug my computer once because I was turning in trophies. or doing a quest or something.

The 'hello' noise is actually pretty annoying.

It sounds EACH time you greet a character. Significant Other threatened to unplug my computer once because I was turning in trophies. or doing a quest or something.
    ya i have the sound pack installed. 510 trophies to turn in for 5 lvls near the end *hangs self*

Unplug your speakers for the duration

Ah, it's the sound pack? I'm so deleting those files then! They annoy me to no end!

At the same time, it would be easy to mod/fix them if I really felt like it.

Head here:
    ... and break all other bipeds emotes.

Yes, it comes from the emote pack and it's a unexpected side effect from the /wavehi emote.
    If you prefer the surgical strike to the nuclear blast, just enter each biped folder in resources_override/resources/sound/characters and delete the ..._hello.wav files.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information