Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Brommel, New Kornaelia and New Vasarak are no more :(

Default Re: New Brommel, New Kornaelia and New Vasarak are no more :(

Ahh noooo. Please don't take access to these areas away completely.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

adding the three unused training islands to the portal to the floating island seems like a great idea to me. maybe prefix them with something like "safe land" or something to make it obvious there are no mobs there.

Another voice to the storm. Don't take these away. Either leave them alone, or give us access somehow. The aforementioned Floating Isle portal is a good one.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Dont take them away.

I agree completely. For what its worth. We old players dont like it and I dont think its wise.
    Yes you can change the names.
    You can make a museum of them and put other old buildings and old items on them.
    You can also use them for special Festivals. As the world does not change there too often it would be a very nice place or put some public plots and lairs on them where people who cannot have a plot of lair can build on a public plot or lair.
    Make a portal to one of the islands and from that island a portal to the other 2 islands
    We old players dont like changes. That is also the reason we are still playing this game.
    moes / Elberdil / Andurel / Aniscia

Quote Originally Posted by valimar View Post
    Dont take them away.

I agree completely. For what its worth. We old players dont like it and I dont think its wise.
    Yes you can change the names.
    You can make a museum of them and put other old buildings and old items on them.
    You can also use them for special Festivals. As the world does not change there too often it would be a very nice place or put some public plots and lairs on them where people who cannot have a plot of lair can build on a public plot or lair.
    Make a portal to one of the islands and from that island a portal to the other 2 islands
    We old players dont like changes. That is also the reason we are still playing this game.
    I like the idea of putting a few plots and lairs on the old islands. Not too many, though.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

add my vote to all this too!

(I love the idea of an Istarian museum..)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    I like the idea of putting a few plots and lairs on the old islands. Not too many, though.
    I would be against that idea, because it would deform the land.

Maaybe a few lairs could be placed with minimal disruptions... but biped plots absolutely not. And if that is considered unfair (to the bipeds) then scrap the idea.

Oohh! I like that idea. Would require some work but it would give good use to them for sure.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    I would be against that idea, because it would deform the land.

Maaybe a few lairs could be placed with minimal disruptions... but biped plots absolutely not. And if that is considered unfair (to the bipeds) then scrap the idea.
    What's wrong with deforming the land? There's no resources or mobs, and I meant no more than, say, 15 biped plots total. They'd be on the smaller side anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse View Post
    What's wrong with deforming the land? There's no resources or mobs, and I meant no more than, say, 15 biped plots total. They'd be on the smaller side anyway.
    No no no. If they are going to do that might as well just delete the islands.... The whole point of wanting to be there is for the beauty and memories players have of those places. A bunch of junky half built plots would totally ruin it. Lairs might be doable since all that junk is underground.

But thinking more about it, I would say leave them alone. No plots, no lairs.

someone said - make it festival grounds. I love that idea:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Let them be or use them as long as they are not changed (the only real good change would be to restore them) but please don't remove them from the portals.
    So, maybe some new players go there and wonder what's with these empty places. They can ask or keep wondering, not much harm there. Portalling to those places is free so no loss of coin either.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

As of the next delta, players will be able to teleport to these islands from the Genevia portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    As of the next delta, players will be able to teleport to these islands from the Genevia portal.
    Everyone was worried for nothing. *laughter of relief*

Thank you!

Interesting choice of gate... then again, that's kind of out of the way too.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Can we ask why this change was made? Are there plans for the old islands?

The hidden gate to Abandonded island!

Build a new reaaalllly talll tower in Tazoon. At the top, a teleporter to the three.

Wherever they put them, I would take the "Training:" prefix off the name.

I love the idea of putting plots and lairs on the islands. Even if the resources were replaced, (which I wish they would be), they would be no more "unfair" than the Genevia Island areas...in fact, that would make the already existing lands usable to all. So many memories are tied to those places...births (character creations) from long ago, player-held events...Ardorr and I were bonded at the New Vass waterfall. I am so glad they will be accessible again!

I tend to agree with Guaran on this... NO plots or lairs as far as I am concerned.

Even if a few concentrated plot towns are created they would be so terribily small that nobody would keep them for long anyway

Unless it is possible in the distant future to use Lair technology to build plots under ground as a "reverse" skyscraper, but other then this I definitly vote for nothing that compromises the look of the islands.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thank you Velea and Dev team!

*flies a very elaborate happy dance overhead*

Dracaena

Thread Information