Thread: How to get master forms?

Default How to get master forms?

I have 100 in Fitter, Miner and Blacksmith and it got me thinking about master forms.

They are obtained from the Cenotaphs in ED, right? Are they purchased with Rank Tokens? If so, how do you get Rank Tokens?

I went to the outpost near Harro and there are some crafting quests that say they will pay me with tokens, but they are all for T6 stuff that I need master forms to make.

Is there a guide to getting master forms someplace? Do I have to be 100 adventuring to get them? Or just strong enough to survive getting to the cenotaphs?

Default Re: How to get master forms?

Only orbs, boards, bars and bricks can be obtained from cenotaphs.
    Spools is from the dragon in the outpost near Old Oaks; cut gems I think is from the ghostly dragon in the cave behind that outpost. Not sure on master dragon lairshaping formulas, might be from the ghostly dragon.

The rest of the master formulas I believe can be purchased from Frig Tallowar at that outpost for tokens. I know Scout Burris gives hunting quests by which you can earn the tokens needed, but I thought someone in the outpost would also give crafting quests by which you could earn the tokens as well.

Generally speaking, you need skill 1200 to scribe the semi-finished master formulas, and you should have it without spells/temporary effects on when you go to the cenotaphs because you cannot get those formulas without your skill that high. However, once you greet the guardian and click the first quest link, even if killed, you can continue clicking the links to get the formula, as long as your skill remains/gets back to 1200 (I once died and waited 5 min for the penalty to wear off, then still got the formula even though dead).

Good luck and happy crafting! :-)

Ok, so I have to go to the Cenotaphs first to get the base resource forms? Are they purchased with tokens too?

I'm not sure if the cenotaphs are the only source for those, or if you can buy them at the outpost. At the cenotaphs, they are free if you can survive long enough to talk as much as needed to the spirit of the master crafter next to the cenotaph.

Thanks for the information, Awdz!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Not sure on master dragon lairshaping formulas, might be from the ghostly dragon.
    Maelstone, Flowstone and Crystalline Latice you can buy from the trainer last time I checked (had them scribed at lvl 85 ) and my guess is that the Imbued Bar, Primal Essence and Excorriation will be quest only once you reach lvl 100, but need an expert lairshaper to confirm this.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Maelstone, Flowstone and Crystalline Latice you can buy from the trainer last time I checked (had them scribed at lvl 85 ) and my guess is that the Imbued Bar, Primal Essence and Excorriation will be quest only once you reach lvl 100, but need an expert lairshaper to confirm this.
    Yes they are lairshaper quest only (Imbued Bar, Primal Essence and Excorriation) at lvl 100 lairshaper.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information