Thread: The Academy (school for hatchies)

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default The Academy (school for hatchies)

To my dismay, there seems to be an increasing number of hatchlings who are in need of guidance. Many of them are parentless and have no one to guide them and help them when they are in need. As a result, more and more hatchlings are getting into trouble and, oftentimes, danger. Perhaps this is because they don't understand the consequences of their actions or that they have no one to defend them. So, in response to this problem, a few others and I have proposed that the community start a school to help solve the rising problems dealing with hatchlings be they're feral, blighted, misguided, abused, or what ever else.

However, we need help in this endeavor and so I'm posting this in hopes that others will join this cause. Since the fall of Draak, there has not been another place established where hatchlings could go to learn and seek help (to my knowledge). So I am calling a meeting where any and all interested may attend, bipeds included. If you feel that you have anything to add or wish to become a mentor, please come to the meeting.

~Callihan

Place: Community lair under Dralk in the Grand Hall
    Time: May 22
    Midnight : Moscow
    10pm : Berlin
    9pm : London
    4pm : New York
    1pm : Los Angeles
    8am : Sydney
    6am : Tokyo

((*waves a 'help the hatchies' flag* Hope you all can attend! We need to do something about all the hatchies running amok! xP Hopefully this will give a good RP opportunity for everyone and perhaps start something big! ^_^ But basically, this is a meeting to get a good foundation for the school started such as find teachers, subjects, class times, etc.))
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Default Re: The Academy (school for hatchies)

((Stars will definatly be there, its great to see another big RP happening ))

((Am I the only one that finds the idea of "The guy that plays Selarth trying to get a bunch of hatchlings in the same place" suspicious?))

I won't be able to be there T_T.....busy pretty much all that day....*sighs*
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcaste View Post
    ((Am I the only one that finds the idea of "The guy that plays Selarth trying to get a bunch of hatchlings in the same place" suspicious?))
    (( Actually LungTien has been attacking more hatchlings than Sel as of late, he needs to pick up the pace, kehehe ))
    Shiarla Deneath | Veeka Sarahnk | Tryll Fallenleaf

A Fantasy MMORPG Parody

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcaste View Post
    It's signed by Calihan :P

Question Re: The Academy (school for hatchies)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrilee View Post
    (( Actually LungTien has been attacking more hatchlings than Sel as of late, he needs to pick up the pace, kehehe ))
    - IC on -
    May you tell me who are the hatchlings I have attacked? *tilts his head.
    - IC off -

Well if I"m home in the middle of the afernoon on Saturday I shall surely try and be there!

Its 3 Sat. Afternoon my time so, its iffy if I'm at home or not. But if I am this would be great!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Blog Entries

(( I would have Ulharisk help guide some hatchies, but right now he is being chased around by the empire on the most wanted list (which is probably ever growing), soo maybe once his name gets cleared of the wrongs he did not commit. ))

((*desperately searches for the promised information of it's outgoing* Hasn't someone promised to make an update?))

Yes update - how did the event go? What happened!! TELL USSSSS!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Glit'sita, all.

Iea am Nyoko of Lightwings, the appointed Counselor of the Academy. Iea am pleased to announce that the gathering met with g'rei tidings and the Academy shall be formed. Currently classes for aorbans are being arranged in many forms, including combat, primal magic, history and even Song. As Counselor Iea would like to welcome one and all to come and partake in the lessons given.

Also, coming from the many Elders, in due time, shall be mentors, to individually help and guide the hatchlings, in hopes that aen shall be guided toward the path that suits aen the best. Also Iea shall be available at all times Iea am awake to lend a listening earfin to any hatchling that shall need Counseling or just wishes to speak.

Iea hope that all will be willing to help make this endeavour successful and perhaps bring back old things lost.

Thank nien for kor nien time,

((Hello all! I just wanted to say thanks to all who attended the meeting! Sorry it took so long to post something (got caught under school work). The meeting was very successful and there were plenty of good ideas that were proposed. We will be making a page on the Istaria RP wiki so that it will be easier to keep things updated. I'll have to contact Silverblaze about that since she is our official record keeper, but isn't a member of the forums.

Anyway, we decided on a weekly based system. Each teacher will pick a day during the week that they'd like to have their class. Any hatchling is free to attend these classes. The school will also have regulated standards that are agreed upon (much like an RL school system) and there will be tests to make sure the hatchies are learning what they'r supposed to.

In addition, the teachers can also be mentors and have 1 on 1 sessions with hatchlings and provide additional education and support. Nyoko's post explains this pretty well.

I hope to have things up and going soon. Though I may not be on much in the next 3 or so weeks. I have a ton of final projects that need to get done. -_-, but if any have any questions or comments, leave a post or shoot me a message.))
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard

Maybe I should dust Kandrin off... XD

Sounds way awesome! I wish I could for sure dedicate one night a week to help teach - but unforutnately my Istarian time isn't so scheduleable .

Whenever I am on - feel free to poke me to help if you need it though! Wether as a partner in whatever you're teaching or to help keep the hatchies in-line .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Alright, here's a list of the current teachers and classes that they are willing to teach. Next Saturday, there will be another meeting in which the hatchlings will join and sign up for some classes. Scheduling and such will be worked out then I think.

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_School

(A note has been left for the instructors of the school):

Had security been considered? It was but one thing discussed between Ssiscor and I. I do not want another draak academy happening. While I do not wish to teach in the academy as my offerings are far more complex than most can handle, if you do not have a warder to attempt to guard from attacks, I would volunteer myself as a guard to keep our future generations safe. Please contact me.

- Runos

I've also put up the list of teachers on the Order Wiki. I just copy-pasted, but here's the link so you know where it is. http://roleplay.orderunderground.org...Dragon_Academy

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    I've also put up the list of teachers on the Order Wiki. I just copy-pasted, but here's the link so you know where it is. http://roleplay.orderunderground.org...Dragon_Academy
    Could you swith the "spellcasting" from Konoc to LungTien please? I think my character was intended to do this...

Thread Information