Thread: A guide to installing mods

Default A guide to installing mods

Is there an established guide to installing the mods that are available here? I have seen some that I would like to try and use, but I'm wary of installing things when I'm not sure how they work...

Default Re: A guide to installing mods

Most come with an auto installer Don't worry about messing anything up. All mods go into it's own folder, resources_override so if you don't like a mod, you can get rid of it easily.

MODs with installers usually only need to have the Istaria folder located.
    With zip (or else) archives:
    - if there is a resources_override folder in the archive (aka the MODer has made his work properly), just extract its content in Istaria root folder
    - if there is something else, extract it the resources_override folder

Keeping your resources_override folder clean and ordered will prevent to have conflicts between the MODs and it will be easier to remove a MOD you don't want to use anymore.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I installed the map pack 3.5, and I'm really happy with the results. No problems with the installation, and having stuff marked is GREAT.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Information