Thread: [Fixed] Tinkering?

Default [Fixed] Tinkering?

According to the wiki, you need to have either 100 metalworking, or 100 sculpting to become a Tinkerer. When I tried to pick up this school, the NPC Versanto says "congratulations you're now a Tinkerer", etc BUT it does not change my class to Tinkerer, and when I try to scribe the beginner formulas he gives, it says I have to have 100 sculpting to join this school, even though my metalworking is 200.

Screenshot

Default Re: Tinkering?

I also could not get Minisia Albrath in Dalimond to let me join the Spellcrafter school, even though my skill is 96, and the requirement is 80.

Are you going by current or base skill? The schools require base skill to be that high, I believe.

I am going by base skill in both cases. I just realized that my screenshot link is messed up, so here it is again:

http://www.divisionbyzero.org/home/beans/tinkererbug.jpg

It's too bad Standish isn't in game any more. If I remember correctly, his dialog had the school requirements in it.

I know that (as of last month) you could become a tinkerer with 100 sculpting and low metalworking (I still am only 15 scholar and 5 blacksmith -- tinkerer/miner/gatherer are my other schools).
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

The trainer incorrectly tells you that you need metalworking or sculpting. Fact is, it should just be metalworking. Will be fixed with the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information