Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About the order community's warmth

Default Re: About the order community's warmth

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Ahh if I see you in character, you WILL get a greeting in /say...

Many miss it, though they may see it a few minutes later - lol. And I get tells back all the time. But always I greet in person when I see another .

And Dhalin, I know we don't "KNOW" each other, but I consider you one of my buddies - just cuz I've 'known' you for so long lol. Though I do understand the whole typing while someone is reading - my hubby tries to do that and it drives me NUTS. "Don't read while I'm typing!"
    Hmmm, I can kinda understand the "consider someone a buddy after seein' em around so long' ... kinda like a familiarity, instead of "knowing" someone...

And I'm glad I'm not the only one with the watching while typing thing either... was starting to think I was unduly paranoid or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    As I said, when I say "hi" or "hello" on a channel, it means I'm greeting everyone in the channel, whoever is there.

I think that to go away because having said "hello" on a channel and having been blamed is sad, because nobody should be blamed for that.There should be no problem to join a discussion in a public channel. As I said, I know some can be afk, busy,...
    I'm with you, Lovwyrm
    And the choice to greet or not belongs to everyone, of course. Some still reply to questions, or to help. We're just expressing our thoughs.
    I figured that out after the fact though you actually seem to pay attention and greet people when they arrive even if they did not say anything which is pretty observant lol. (I usually cannot keep track of who was in or not in the channel)

I doubt any would miss me in any of the Public Channels anyway. I am rarely there and at the hour I generally come on NO ONE is talking even if there are 15+ folks in a Channel it is dead as a door nail. Soooometimes there is one person RPing in the RP channel ... all alone ... Which is sad to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    I am rarely there and at the hour I generally come on NO ONE is talking even if there are 15+ folks in a Channel it is dead as a door nail. Soooometimes there is one person RPing in the RP channel ... all alone ... Which is sad to see.
    Sometimes I start my silly rp's in channels as a way to give folks something to interact with if they want. I figure even if no one replies, maybe one or two are a little bit more entertained, so it does not hurt - and often it sparks a fair bit of activity.

Hahaha - yea Frith has done that as well.

If you see her pull out her talon puppets - and start speaking with herself..that's me saying "look guys you're all in here but noone's talking for Draak's sake say something!! I"M BORED HERE!!"

So I'll pull out talon puppets and RP with them...surely someone's cracking a smile somewhere on the other end of the chat .

Soooometimes there is one person RPing in the RP channel ... all alone ... Which is sad to see.
    So..why don't you join them!! Don't be sad! Use it as an excuse to jump in!

Its amazing to me just how many insistent wall-flowers occupy this game and then have the nerve (not saying this is you just on the tangent...) to talk about how noone includes them or how there's never any RP whereever they are.

Guess what - RP doesn't happen magically. RP happens when people SPEAK UP. If you find yourself never speaking up, then don't be surprsied when you never see RP. It takes two (unless like me you play with talon puppets) to tango and if someone's attempting to RP in a channel alone - they aren't going to give it very long before they quit.

You wanna see it - make it happen. If people don't bite one day, try again another day or later on. This game's community will be lost to the dogs soon if pepole continue to insist on keeping everyhting they do private. They'll find themselves stuck on a server with nothing but private conversations; cuz everyone else has left to find someplace friendlier :/

I know I'm doing everything *I* can to keep that from happening - are you?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Hahaha - yea Frith has done that as well.

If you see her pull out her talon puppets - and start speaking with herself..that's me saying "look guys you're all in here but noone's talking for Draak's sake say something!! I"M BORED HERE!!"

So I'll pull out talon puppets and RP with them...surely someone's cracking a smile somewhere on the other end of the chat .

So..why don't you join them!! Don't be sad! Use it as an excuse to jump in!

Its amazing to me just how many insistent wall-flowers occupy this game and then have the nerve (not saying this is you just on the tangent...) to talk about how noone includes them or how there's never any RP whereever they are.

Guess what - RP doesn't happen magically. RP happens when people SPEAK UP. If you find yourself never speaking up, then don't be surprsied when you never see RP. It takes two (unless like me you play with talon puppets) to tango and if someone's attempting to RP in a channel alone - they aren't going to give it very long before they quit.

You wanna see it - make it happen. If people don't bite one day, try again another day or later on. This game's community will be lost to the dogs soon if pepole continue to insist on keeping everyhting they do private. They'll find themselves stuck on a server with nothing but private conversations; cuz everyone else has left to find someplace friendlier :/

I know I'm doing everything *I* can to keep that from happening - are you?
    The Person in question is often times Me LOL. So not much more I can do.

On rare occasions it is someone else who I know in advance will not RP with my characters so in that case I cannot help them either. (Their choice...Do not feel sad for them though.)

To answer your question...eeeh...Nah...I am mostly going the other direction really. Private RP's have picked up and become rather interesting. Not sure I would want to take any time away from that for RP's without any Context.

As for Dedicated Wallflowers I bet a lot of the folks IN the RP channel and such just have it on a tab somewhere and forgot it is even there. They are doing all sorts of other things and not even looking at it. Probably having a hard time fitting their characters into anything they may on rare occasions see happening. I know that is a big problem for me with Shink. Not so much Zarla thankfully but eh...

To answer your question...eeeh...Nah...I am mostly going the other direction really. Private RP's have picked up and become rather interesting. Not sure I would want to take any time away from that for RP's without any Context.
    There can be context, sometimes, in public RP, you know. Or you can bring one and the others could interact. You can as well RP in public and private at a time, if you wish.

Blog Entries

I figured that out after the fact though you actually seem to pay attention and greet people when they arrive even if they did not say anything which is pretty observant lol. (I usually cannot keep track of who was in or not in the channel)

I doubt any would miss me in any of the Public Channels anyway. I am rarely there and at the hour I generally come on NO ONE is talking even if there are 15+ folks in a Channel it is dead as a door nail. Soooometimes there is one person RPing in the RP channel ... all alone ... Which is sad to see.
    They started that again?
    Guess time to get out the big bad RP stick of DOOM.

As for the puppets thing Frith, I've done something similar to that with Farmer Joe, though I think now he is like a running gag between myself and a few friends who remembered when that started.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i say hello and goodbye when i come home.
    i do not usually bother with informing the shard i am going afk, unless it will be for a significant amount of time and someone is waiting for me.
    i welcome peeps back when they go afk if i see it. i welcome those who greet the room when they enter and i wish them goodbye when they leave.

if i happen to /who and see someone who is not in the room or has not indicated their presence in the shard, or is a new nick to me, i will send a pm of greeting (in the case of newbies, i also ask if they would like an invite to the room or leave them alone if they are solo players).

this is common courtesy to my mind. i do not hold it against anyone if they have different philosophy and i try to treat them as they seem to want to be treated.

and i personally enjoy the acknowledgements - lets me know i am home...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information