Thread: May 27th: Chaos Emergency Maintenance

Default May 27th: Chaos Emergency Maintenance

First, allow me to apologize for today's unexpected need to take Chaos offline. I've just gotten word from our database administrator that there is a problem serious enough with Chaos that he's had to take it offline.

Right now the ETA to figure out the "what" happened and fix it is approximately 6 hours. (That puts it back online at 10 pm EST.) I will try to have an update for you as soon as I know more.

Default Re: May 27th: Chaos Emergency Maintenance

Chaos is on the way back up. It's actually going quicker than we thought, even. Should be back online "soon". So that's the good news.

Unfortunately there is some bad news. The problem with the database required a loss of data. About half an hour's worth of time was lost just prior to the server being brought offline. Again, I do apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

We will continue to monitor Chaos closely for the first few hours it's online to ensure that everything looks good. But please remember that just like after normal maintenance, if many are trying to log in at once it may take a few tries to log in and have everything running smoothly again.

Thread Information