Thread: new emote, need witty writing

Default new emote, need witty writing

hey I added to the emotes list /death i think its funny but im not the best writer when it comes to writing witty things so if i can get help in ideas of what would be good for different races of what the emote will say for the player and other players

when i get all the witty writing needed ill post it for download.

Default Re: new emote, need witty writing

What kind of death is it supposed to be? Serious IC death? Or a funny/silly played death?

it just cycles the death animation for the character, then you get back up like nothing happen

Haha! I was only *mostly* dead!

Argh!! My heart!! I need CPR!!

Oh, no! <name> faints and falls over! Just kidding!

/em catches sight of %T% and collapses from the shock.

It is all too much for <name> to take!

/em gets dizzy from the nearby smell and passes out.

here is an example on what fun can be played out

Gnomes taste Great!

hehe thanks for choco gnome for letting a dragon have his fun

"XYZ just can't take it anymore!" /feign

Course, if its a feign death like in battle - you can use the emote I Use for my night elf hunter - "I"m too sexay to die! *feign*"

Course maybe this is an emote that doesn't need its own "words" since there are so many uses you could use it for that just emoting for yourself and adding the /feign to it whenever would be better. Then you can use all of the suggestions, or just fake death when you're playing with hatchies - at your discression
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    "XYZ just can't take it anymore!" /feign

Course maybe this is an emote that doesn't need its own "words" since there are so many uses you could use it for that just emoting for yourself and adding the /feign to it whenever would be better. Then you can use all of the suggestions, or just fake death when you're playing with hatchies - at your discression
    actual that is a good idea, I think ill just leave it blank, all my emotes are set to hotkeys anyway and we can add are own text to it then. hmm mabye I should also make a copy of all the other animated emotes and make a blank versions of them to, sop we can hotkey and add are own /emote blah blah blah

Woooo yea me good idea!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

ok here is a link to download I call this the XXemote patch since all the blank emotes start with xx, meaning they will play the animation but not display any text so we can right in are own /emote blah blah blah

also included is the xxdeath which will cycle the death animation and another for dragons is xximhit, dont know why but i added that in their to.

please let me know how it works, I know this works for ancient dragons but haven't tried it on other races.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-622fe674.html

un zip and place in your resrouce override folder

delete when you from folder when you no longer want

A friend of mine who was helping me test this has told me their is another emote pack going around out there that has sound, and told me it may be hard choice for people to choose, Ill see if i can get my pack merged with the sound one its best to have every one with the same emotes so we can all see them

Oh noo! It's gone! ITS GONE! My <object> is gone!

Oh noo! It's gone! ITS GONE! My catnip is gone!-ex saris:P
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17236

There ya go Blue - The Zeox and Firebrand Sound Emote Pack.

If they are still active (I..think they are...I know this was updated not too long ago with the big patch) I'm sure they'd be open to syncing up your stuff with theirs. They've always seemed open to such things.

And thanks -yes awesome. I've not gotten in game yet but still awesome of you to do this. Even better if ya'll can sync up the packs and everyone can have all of them alwaysalldetime!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Just an update, I am still working on this project I have just figured out how to add tail whip as an emote, I am now working on getting gale wind and bof added to. Getting these animation as emotes have been Something I been tinkering with for a long time now. the issue is non of these tigger commands are named what they do and they are all separated into 3 separate animations which need to be trigger one after another. I found a work around to have tail whip animation to work correctly now I just need to find the command trigger for bof and gale wind.

galewind is already in an emote pack. /rockoutindralk or something like that.
    tailslap is already a current emote as well, non modded/part of the game I think?

but is it the full animation, were the dragon stands up does the move than gets back on all four?

the original hz mods, un-edited do not have the ones your talking about those are in the sound emote pack, and after looking in that file i can see it is not the full animation it is only the release part. In most dragon animations thier is a "prepare" "hold" and "release" I found a way to get to get the the entire animation to work.

yes, it is the full animation. Dragon gets up, swings it's tail, gets back down. Maybe it is missing a part of prepare?

love the old fred sanford line "im comming elizabeth"
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Thread Information