Thread: Taking forever

Default Taking forever

Why does it take for ever to boot this game. I unchecked the file check and it still takes forever. Now for some reason, everytime I go to a town it now takes for ever and these are towns that I went to yesterday and it did not take long. What can i do to speed things up?

Default Re: Taking forever

if you are talking about teleporting, try turning off the loading screen. in a chat window type
    /setpref useloadingscreen false

The same command, changing false to true will re-enable it.

In launcher check yr options screen and make sure that the "clear world cache" okption is unchecked.

It it was hecked it weill cause you to rebuild cache each time you log in and that makes all take longer while yu rebuild cache...

Perhaps this has been fixed but default was for it to be checked till unchecked.

Knossos

i tried the false on the loading screen guaren and it made all my hotkeys for spells and abilities grayed out

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    i tried the false on the loading screen guaren and it made all my hotkeys for spells and abilities grayed out
    I seem to recall Steelclaw stating that the loading screen was actually serving some purpose in the client now, and that turning it off would cause issues. Perhaps he can expound on this next time he's around.

It might be related to the need to move before casting anything?

No, it does grey out the keys. Whats odd is that it does it on my main but not my alt. Same pc, same account. I noticed if you do a recall that will clear them immediately. If you move around it will clear them but it takes a few minutes. Given how other games are, this shouldn't be happening at all. The solution is to go back to the old settings or just live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Yes, the abilities are greyed out until your character fully loads. Just wait a minute. Then simply cycle one row of hotkeys up and back down (say from hotkeybar number 1, click the arrow to change it to 2, then back) and they will all re-appear. Another way to fix this in case you keep those buttons hidden, would be to open the formula book and cast buffs on yourself from there. Once you finish loading and one successfully casts, all abilities will un-gray and work normally.

One other glitch you might experience is if you are a dragon, and you leave the equipment window open and log out or crash with it open. When logging in you will see the biped equipment window. After giving your character time to finish loading (once you can cast buffs on yourself indicates you have loaded), close the equipment window, type /loadui in a chat window, and the equipment window will reset to the dragon one.

Now, why would you want to bother running the game like this? The dev's will say it is "unsupported". But, say your game client crashed while flying over water. With the loading screen on, you are going to login drowned and dead. With the loading screen off, you will see your character load and the water draw around you. You can take off and fly straight up, and avoid drowning. (Get out of the water as soon as you can)

The second very good reason to leave the loading screen off is teleporting to Elnath. Mobs patrol way too close to the Elnath landing pad. If the loading screen is on, chances are very likely that by the time you finish porting, you will be dead, killed by the monsters there. This just happened last night to some people going there for their first time. (They were somewhat pissed to say the least). If the loading screen is off, you can begin moving around right away and avoid those mobs or defend yourself.

I believe that /loadui will fix the greyed out hotkeys too

Thread Information