Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New concept art

Default Re: New concept art

I forgot that I had screen shots of the two best of the "dragon" tints that I mentioned previously. I'm sure that some would like to have the black but it is a little too black. Looks more like the dragon was rolling in black ink. At night the tint is darn near invisible. The "Flamin Orange" is interesting. But it might be a little too vivid. Both of these were done using the body textures that are basically scaleless. If I use the textures with scales on them there might be some more definition. I was just playing around in offline mode with a dev command that would let me change the tints and see if any of the existing ones were good enough to be used. It is not as easy to switch textures as tints unfortunately.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i personally like the dark hatchling though would decals even show up? and while the tint is different for the orange.. it is very.. well orange almost silly. bit to bright imo. but still tints are exciting!

Decals would show up perfectly. They are a second texture that is overlaid on top of the base tinted texture. Think of it as several layers of texture each printed on clear cellophane. The scale texture is on the bottom, stripes next followed by masks. Lay them all together, snap a "picture" and you have your dragon's texture which is laid over the model. That is kind of what the client does. Bipeds work the same way more or less with the armor they wear.

oh nice thats good hmmm out of curiousity how hard would it be to throw in an option to change the opacity of a decal.. some want theres bright and others barely visible i think it would be a cool option.

What's wrong with crazy colors? I say put'em in and if someone feels their ideal look for their dragon is some psychedelic colors, let'em use'em! I think Pink's pretty crazy myself but devs chose to include that one - hehe.

Btw, love to see the work on the Khutit head!! Seven year bug....
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I would love to have an orange draggy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    Always enjoyed Val's work. Can't wait to see it in game.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

lovely work by all! love the armour and the green draggy scale - would look awesome on mourn....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information