Thread: Constant Crash-to-Desktop

Default Constant Crash-to-Desktop

How do I fix this? For the last 2 or 3 days, I've been able to log on to Istaria for about a minute or so at a time before I get an error and crash to desktop. This is frustrating, because I've been playing for months with no problems at all.

This is the error message: The instruction at "0x009bf5fa" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "read".

I've already found that I cannot play in fullscreen mode at all: 5 minutes in, I will get a blue-screen crash, without fail. Never able to see the error message on that one, just a frozen screen before it reboots to computer.

The only thing that changed recently was a video driver update, for the NVidia GeForce 8800 video card I have.

Suggestions? Please?

Default Re: Constant Crash-to-Desktop

Can you post the contents of the .maura file (that should be) generated in your logs directory when you crash?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

You should be able to fix this by browsing to where the game is installed and deleting the contents of your world cache folder. The particular error message you are getting is most often associated with a corrupt world cache.

I'll try clearing the world cache folder, then. Hopefully, that will fix it.

Steelclaw, the logs directory has a few text files, and one XML file, no .maura file there. There is a maura.dll file in the main Istaria folder though; that's not the one you wanted?

Edit: clearing world cache seems to have fixed it: no more crashing in windowed mode. Still no idea what gives me a blue-screen crash in fullscreen mode, but at least I can play now. Thanks, Velea, for the fix.
    Last edited by Khetienn; June 4th, 2010 at 01:15 AM.

Thread Information