Thread: dye removal

Default dye removal

i don't know if this has been suggested before or not ... i would guess in all the years the game has been around _someone_ has, but something came up recently that i was thinking about ... to my knowledge there's no way to remove dyes from armor.. how about adding turpentine (or something like that to remove dyes) to the list of things an alchemist can make? i'm trying to decide whether i want to dye the cobalt armor i just made for my biped character.. and if i don't like it, i'd like to be able to remove the dye .. but as i said, i don't believe that's possible (won't i feel stupid if it is).

Default Re: dye removal

Unfortunately there is no way to remove a technique from equipment once it has been applied. So, the only way to "remove" dye (which is a technique) is to apply a different dye on top of it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Someone ought to create a gallery of all the dyes + all the different armor types for the biped races so that you can look at the entire armor set + dye and make a decision then.

It would just take someone to get several of every dye, get a biped who can wear tier1 platemail and then go make a bunch of tier1 armor.... I'd do it myself if only I was capable of it.

As long as the screenshots were taken under normal lightning (say, not in a lava, ice, or during night), it should be easy to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Unfortunately there is no way to remove a technique from equipment once it has been applied. So, the only way to "remove" dye (which is a technique) is to apply a different dye on top of it.
    How about a "clear" dye then. One that has no tints/pigments of it's own, just shows what is underneith. Kinda like Invis, only it doesn't blank out the armor too.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    How about a "clear" dye then. One that has no tints/pigments of it's own, just shows what is underneith. Kinda like Invis, only it doesn't blank out the armor too.
    That's a good idea.

Said dye should be the easiest to make, so that everyone has access to it.

If a clear dye shows what is underneith it will show the last dye applied.

If it's so important just make a plain unteched armor and experiment before you color your "real" set.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

The idea is based on one dye replacing another as colored dyes already do -- Clear dye (or as some games call it, dye solvent) would replace any existing dye with the base color of the item.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Thread Information