Thread: kion argo

Default kion argo

im starting two new dragons, and I got them now to lvl 10 and 12 and i have them hunting on kion or trying to, all I got to say is the argo system for kion is insane. I can take on a lvl 17 mob fine with my two little dragons it just seems that every mob within 60 meters of you will argo you and it makes it impossible to hunt their.

the worst was I hit one sand pgyme and every sand pgyme in the whole spawn then attacked me at once

Default Re: kion argo

I have had to learn how social some of the MOBs are and what their agro distances are. The pygmies/ogres and some of the spiders require care when you are lower level than they and I find the best way for me to deal with them is by body pulling and fighting well away from the area they patrol.

Too bad lemonade doesn't work to cool down overheated agro.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

I do think some of the social mobs are just ridiculous as to how far away one will aggro (I use the term, link) when you're fighting one of them.

I think it could be toned down a notch, some mobs are just nearly impossible to fight, without something 50+ meters away coming towards you, grabbing everything 50+ meters within its range as well. Pretty soon, one mob turns into 10+, no matter how far away you pull it.

And as far as pulling something away, it is *really* annoying when you try to pull something away and it breaks off, and gives up on attacking you, and runs back to where it was. Arrgh.

It is far easier to lose a mob, than to get a mob to chase you far enough away to prevent further links/aggro.

They really should shorten the linking distance on T1 mobs, to give newbies a chance to learn how to do things, before thrusting them into the thick of combat with little to help them. At least by t2, the said newbie would have 40 levels under their belt and have some idea how to deal with this stuff, not to mention more tools at their disposal....

I think the best way to pull a single mob is to step close enough of one to automatically pull him, without attack, so, the other mobs wouldn't join this one, and wait when the pulled mob is going to go back where he was to use a long range attack like dragon's reach, or a bolt,...

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    I think the best way to pull a single mob is to step close enough of one to automatically pull him, without attack, so, the other mobs wouldn't join this one, and wait when the pulled mob is going to go back where he was to use a long range attack like dragon's reach, or a bolt,...
    With how some mobs like to literally stack ontop of each other, a lot of times this can be impossible.

That, or how mobs love to be "invisible", or spawn just as you go to try it.

Sure, you see *one* Ogre or Pygmy standing there, and while you're inching up to it, *poof*, 5 more spawn out of thin air and aggro immediately. Nice. I've had this happen to me plenty of times too. Very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    im starting two new dragons, and I got them now to lvl 10 and 12 and i have them hunting on kion or trying to, all I got to say is the argo system for kion is insane. I can take on a lvl 17 mob fine with my two little dragons it just seems that every mob within 60 meters of you will argo you and it makes it impossible to hunt their.

the worst was I hit one sand pgyme and every sand pgyme in the whole spawn then attacked me at once
    I think perhaps you are simply out of practice, Blue.

The Sand Pygmy spawn in both locations is pretty limited. Maximum of 5 in one place and 12 at the other. Sand Pygmy levels never exceed 10 and many, such as the Gatherers, are between 3 and 6.

They are social, meaning that they do call their friends, but the range is far less than 60 meters. In fact, its around 18 meters. Gatherers, fyi, aren't aggressive at all unless you threaten their friends.

That said, if you do find areas that seem crazy please let us know so that we can take a look. I just don't feel that Sand Pygmies are bad after taking a look at them.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    With how some mobs like to literally stack ontop of each other, a lot of times this can be impossible.

That, or how mobs love to be "invisible", or spawn just as you go to try it.

Sure, you see *one* Ogre or Pygmy standing there, and while you're inching up to it, *poof*, 5 more spawn out of thin air and aggro immediately. Nice. I've had this happen to me plenty of times too. Very annoying.
    They can't be 24h/24 on each other... I think. The other solution is to call for help.

Around Kion too are all the sand beetles - which are not social at all. I always start out my new toons fighting the sand beetles there.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I think perhaps you are simply out of practice, Blue.

The Sand Pygmy spawn in both locations is pretty limited. Maximum of 5 in one place and 12 at the other. Sand Pygmy levels never exceed 10 and many, such as the Gatherers, are between 3 and 6.

They are social, meaning that they do call their friends, but the range is far less than 60 meters. In fact, its around 18 meters. Gatherers, fyi, aren't aggressive at all unless you threaten their friends.

That said, if you do find areas that seem crazy please let us know so that we can take a look. I just don't feel that Sand Pygmies are bad after taking a look at them.

I did not find Sand Pygmies to be a problem but Ish'kuk Gatherers up on Scorpion Island are crazy...I could Dragon's Reach just ONE that was not near anything and EVERY last Warrior, Named, and Gatherer would come running up even though he was visibly a long way from them.

It made the Instant Heal II quest nearly impossible because one of the Named Warriors there is an AoE Stunner so he would take down my group and prevent Recall essentially keeping us perpetually stunlocked. (name started with a D...Like Duragoth or something?)

Pull one without attack and bring him further until he tries to go away, then use dragon's reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    I did not find Sand Pygmies to be a problem but Ish'kuk Gatherers up on Scorpion Island are crazy...I could Dragon's Reach just ONE that was not near anything and EVERY last Warrior, Named, and Gatherer would come running up even though he was visibly a long way from them.

It made the Instant Heal II quest nearly impossible because one of the Named Warriors there is an AoE Stunner so he would take down my group and prevent Recall essentially keeping us perpetually stunlocked. (name started with a D...Like Duragoth or something?)
    Thanks, I'll take a look at it. In the meantime, if you need to kill the Ish'kuk I recommend doing it on the Dalimond Peninsula instead.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. In the meantime, if you need to kill the Ish'kuk I recommend doing it on the Dalimond Peninsula instead.
    I remember the ones on Abandoned Island to also be ridiculous, packs of Insta-Respawn ogres/pygmies. We had two Rating 90+ bipeds AoE nuking like crazy and they respawned literally as fast as they could kill them off. There were so many corpses that looting was impossible, even.

I don't know if they were changed with the T2 Revamp or not, as this was far before that era.

I remember the ones on Abandoned Island to also be ridiculous, packs of Insta-Respawn ogres/pygmies. We had two Rating 90+ bipeds AoE nuking like crazy and they respawned literally as fast as they could kill them off. There were so many corpses that looting was impossible, even.

I don't know if they were changed with the T2 Revamp or not, as this was far before that era.
    They weren't. Abandoned Isle and Scorpion Isle spawns weren't part of the T2 revamp.

They weren't. Abandoned Isle and Scorpion Isle spawns weren't part of the T2 revamp.
    Strange, considering they _are_ T2... I would have assumed T2 should have been revamped with the "T2 Revamp" but okay. Nice to know that, if I ever have need of such mobs again in the future.

Strange, considering they _are_ T2... I would have assumed T2 should have been revamped with the "T2 Revamp" but okay. Nice to know that, if I ever have need of such mobs again in the future.
    Technically they are tier2, yes. But they aren't part of the main continent and so therefore aren't part of the on-going tier revamp. They are extra, outside the normal stuff.

I usually wait until level 60 or adult to get that level 20 quest done. Or cheat and have my IG parents help me.

It's quite impossible to do even in a group of level 30s without wings. I'm kinda surprised to hear this was not touched.

It's not impossible-- I've done it two times on two characters without help, but it's VERY hard and usually takes several days with a lot of death points in between. Very frustrating, and one of the few things I'd label as 'obnoxiously hard' given the types of quests they are!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

I had a lvl 90 nuke them so we could get it done.

The ones on Dalimond had proven impossible to get to because wolves tore us apart before we could get there and once there it was mostly warriors.

Abandoned Island is fairly easy to do it on IF you can fly to get up there and hang out on the very ridge...if you cannot fly though you are no better off because of a roaming pack of 4~6 Snow Ogres along the narrow roadway up.

Thread Information