Thread: Quick Question about Upcoming ROP Change

Default Quick Question about Upcoming ROP Change

...in this forum because it's late and I can't figure out which subforum it would better fit in (please move it if this is a bad spot!):

Wondering if it's worth it to hold on to/do a couple of the "old" ROP steps before the new version goes live, since I've seen a vague hint or two that change is a'comin'. The thought of having to redo what little bit I've done or could do in the next week or two makes me die a little inside; on the other hand I'm really not keen on breaking my poor baby dragon by clinging to my puny amount of progress, and if so I'd like to know to just avoid it all until the patch hits Chaos/Order. I don't care which version I do, I just want to make sure that I can do it without wasting my or anybody else's time.

Default Re: Quick Question about Upcoming ROP Change

Mmm, I'm not a dev but I have a feeling if you do part of it now and then aren't completed when the new version launches you'll have to start the whole thing over. But I could be way wrong on this; that is what my first thought would be. Also it would be "playing it safe" if you just assume it anyway .

If you haven't started any of it its your decision to wait to start or not - the new version will be easier seems like for you to "solo" or with less help - though clearly they're not taking all of the groupness out of it seems like from the statements (how I was interpreting it anyway). It will be tweaked and stuff so it will probably be a smoother experience overall.

If you have already started it - I would probably go ahead and finish it up so that way you don't risk anything breaking. I am not on blight so I have no idea how close this is to patching but it could be 2 or 3 months away even (probably not just saying). Could be two weeks heh.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that waiting for the new RoP content will result in an easier time overall, because most folks will want to see the new stuff and will be looking for hatchlings to assist.

Now, as Frith wisely mentioned, the wait could be weeks or could be months... It really depends on how patient you are.

amon hinted in another thread 1-2 weeks today
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

If you have the current ROP, you'll have to either complete it before the deltas on Blight go live, or abandon the ROP quests completely and get the new ones. Additionally, some (most) of the ROP items will become attuned + no-delete, which will probably require a ticket to remove once the deltas go live, if they're not removed as part of a cleanup process.

If you've already started, I suggest hurrying up and finishing.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I only managed to make it partway through the Riddle of "I've been out here half an hour and I still don't have my drop" and not the hardest step of that, so I'll likely drop it all and wait for the new version. Thank you for the advice!

And yeah, as Chasing said, I saw Amon's hinting and thought I should figure out if my next two weeks would be better spent begging in chats for aid or working my scales and claws to a fine shine. Crafting and leveling it is!

Well as for begging for help on Order - I'd encourage you that when you do decide to re-start post on the forum that you're ready and willing to take others (both for help or to ascend as well) and put up a schedule.

Orders population can be so sparse at times that it is often helpful to announce a date/time to start (then whomever shows up you can work on followup adventures) and that way more people can see it and make plans to attend to help out!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information