Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3 is coming up

Default E3 is coming up

so any one else going to follow the news for e3, I hope the rumors for a new Zelda game and soul caliber 5 are true

what are you hoping to learn from e3?

Default Re: E3 is coming up

Some of my favorite E3 rumors are:

Valve has several sequels in the pipe - will probably see Portal 2 and the next installment of Halflife.
    Square Enix says they have something new to show off - DaTaDa, Da, Ta, DaTaDa...
    New Zelda... Though I'm a bit worried about this franchise holding up in the new world of superbling graphics over story.
    PSP2...
    ICO redone in HD - probably the thing I'm most hopeful for, it'll give my PS3 a reason to live - and the next installment, 'the last guardian' (drool)
    New Halo
    New Fable

and

Diablo III

I'll be there all next week... If there's anything anyone wants a first-hand account of, I'll be sure to swing by the booth, trusty camera in hand, and get any info I can.

All those game you name make me very much drool, I hope some awesome vids will pop up.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    Some of my favorite E3 rumors are:
    Square Enix says they have something new to show off - DaTaDa, Da, Ta, DaTaDa...
    Probably FFXIV. Maybe something *else*, probably FF15 lol.

New Zelda... Though I'm a bit worried about this franchise holding up in the new world of superbling graphics over story.
    I really wish game developers would say "screw you!" to all of those younger kiddies who want bling bling bling bling mindless games. We _real_ gamers want _real_ games. Having some decent graphics is nice, but I hate it when they shovel their 20hour RPGs on us, that are loaded down with way too much VA, FMVs, etc. I want to *play* a game, not watch a movie and play short interludes.

Diablo III
    Heh. It'd be nice if they'd release that sometime within the next ten years. Hopefully they learned from Diablo2, and stop screwing over Single-player gamers. They made it so utterly impossible to get any decent equipment in Single-player without having to use mods. Also, their "official patches" which utterly destroyed some of the characters (bowazon, among others) was a bad move too. Hopefully they learned from these mistakes.

I really wish game developers would say "screw you!" to all of those younger kiddies
    I really would like if they made zelda games m rated already and give the kids a new hero, older players grew up with him and now we went mature content, im not saying M like GTA im saying M like dragon age. also some blood and dismember meant would be a nice touch to

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    I really would like if they made zelda games m rated already and give the kids a new hero, older players grew up with him and now we went mature content, im not saying M like GTA im saying M like dragon age. also some blood and dismember meant would be a nice touch to
    This would never happen, because Nintendo wouldn't want one of the most iconic characters from its line of platforms to be inaccessible to a large portion of their playerbase.

With that being said, though, I thought they did well in Twilight Princess. Link is much more mature in TP, the overall "theme" of the game is a little darker (literally and figuratively), but yet the lack of blood and dismemberment allows people of a wider age-group to play and enjoy it as well.

If the next Zelda game was like Twilight Princess, I would be happy. I just hope they stay away from Cell Shading, and having Link be a little kid (though, a time-warp like OoT wouldn't be too bad either).

Twilight Princess gave us the best of both worlds -- the graphics are quite good (not 1080p, but still good at 480i, AND it can be played widescreen!), the gameplay is there, lots of nice toys to play with (Double Clawshot? I love that thing!), AND the game is long, the longest Zelda I've ever played (I did all but Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, and the multi-player gameboy ones) coming in at about 25h for a full-clear, maybe 30-35 for a 100% completion depending on how good you are at finding things and/or whether or not you allow yourself to 'cheat' by looking things up on the net.

All-in-all, Twilight Princess set the standard that future Zelda Games should follow. If they continue in those footsteps, they're bound to continue to be successful.

Edit: Not to mention, not every adult enjoys extreme bloodshed. I don't mind some blood, but when you get too much, it starts getting silly. Dragon Age pushes that line; some scenes (like where Duncan kills the knight at the beginning, for example) are a bit over-the-top as far as how much blood is shown, to the point it is simply unrealistic. Thankfully, Dragon Age also gives some nice gameplay and story, that I can shrug off the excessive/unrealistic amounts of blood.

HAHAHA I read this and thought "Well someone wants LInk to get some ACTION!"

-rofl-
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

-rofl-
    Well they always _do_ give him a girlfriend, right? lol. At least ever since OoT, he's had a girlfriend-sorta character, and then in Twilight Princess... what, at least three characters hit on him off and on?

Sometimes I wonder if they are *trying* to fuel Rule-34 fanfiction.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

-rofl-
    gives new meaning to whacking a fairy, dontcha think?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

oh GOD MY EYES MY EYES! NOOO!!! GAH!! I hate you...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    gives new meaning to whacking a fairy, dontcha think?
    lmao... I about spit my drink out when I saw that

Quote Originally Posted by skott_karlsson View Post
    lmao... I about spit my drink out when I saw that
    This thread just killed my childhood.

If you want to play a mature Zelda, just play Darksiders on PlayStation 3/Xbox 360: this very good game is like a mix between Zelda and God of War. There should be a sequel as well. It will stench your thirst for adventure and blood.

And let Zelda be Zelda. A real mature Zelda? No thanks.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Why does every one think M rated games are just viloint stuff, i said m rated like dragon age for the mature content of intelligent story writing and character development. content that is in dragon age or mass effect most young kids can not get because they get bored with these games because they for care for following the story and get lost on what to do next.

also i could have cared less for the blood effect that was used in dragon age, and i did play darksiders, ok game.

Why does every one think M rated games are just viloint stuff, i said m rated like dragon age for the mature content of intelligent story writing and character development. content that is in dragon age or mass effect most young kids can not get because they get bored with these games because they for care for following the story and get lost on what to do next.

also i could have cared less for the blood effect that was used in dragon age, and i did play darksiders, ok game.
    Errrr.

"Intelligent Story" does not get an M rating (unless it is filled with 'bad' stuff like adultery, war, murder, etc).

Sex and Violence does.

Dragon Age got "M" because it has sexual scenes, open sexuality (I mean, come on, a Threesome? FOURSOME!?), and loads of bloody gore. Not just violence, I'm talking blood and gore. Go kill a ranked Ogre and let a melee person get the last attack, to see what I mean. All of that blood, and squish-squish, yeah... that's "M" material.

If pure "Intelligent Story" got "M" Ratings, then many many other games (like Xenogears/Xenosaga, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy games in general) etc would get M ratings. But they didn't.....

Yea sorry BLue - the "M" rating implies that because that's what a game has to have to get it.

Just "intelligent" story wont get it "M" - unless by "Intelligent" you mean "realistic" in the inclusion of more realistic violence and open sexuality (actually the open sexuality more than anything is probably what really gets that rating, honestly, more so than the level of violence.)

Its not because Young Kids would get bored so they're trying to tell people its for adults. Its because they don't want 'Young kids' exposed to XYZ game. "Intelligent storytelling" isnt' what they are worried about :/.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

I guess I will not be able to explain my point of view, most people saw that dragon age had sex, I saw a deep character development with my hero and the main female getting to know each other in game and yes we did have romance at the camp site but it was because my character was in love with her, and at the end of the game

::SPOILER ALERT::

when she threw the twist that she was really only after me for a baby it was horrible I sat their for 30 mins trying to decide how i should respond

and that is what im referring to when i say mature content, I did not see it as ***sex*** it was role play at its finest that let me get immersed in the fantasy world of dragon age.

I guess I will not be able to explain my point of view, most people saw that dragon age had sex, I saw a deep character development with my hero and the main female getting to know each other in game and yes we did have romance at the camp site but it was because my character was in love with her, and at the end of the game

::SPOILER ALERT::

when she threw the twist that she was really only after me for a baby it was horrible I sat their for 30 mins trying to decide how i should respond

and that is what im referring to when i say mature content, I did not see it as ***sex*** it was role play at its finest that let me get immersed in the fantasy world of dragon age.
    I know what your point of view is, I understand it completely.

However, myself and Frith are merely explaining the truth as to how the Rating System works.

Games get "M" rated because of sexual situations, sexual content, and implied sexual activity, along with extreme violence, especially when large amounts of blood (and/or gore) are shown as well.

The character development, plot depth, character building, etc, has nothing at all to do with the "M" rating. Remove the sexual content and the Blood and Gore from Dragon Age and you'd suddenly see that "M" rating drop down to "T" while preserving the character/plot depth.

And I agree with you -- I love games that have a great plot and character development/depth. I was merely explaining the rating system.

Anyway, I think they will not go this way with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Anyway, I think they will not go this way with The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
    DO NOT WANT

On topic Metal Gear Solid: Rising Gameplay

Melon cutting, lol

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information