Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Suggestions For Dragons!

Default New Suggestions For Dragons!

Hey All!

I wanted to know what we could add to Istaria maybe one of the mods woud considar some of our ideas! =D

~New Decal Colors And Designs

~ New Head Shapes

~Another Island/World

~Able To Level Higher Than 100 As Ancient

~Be Able For Yor Armour To Show (option)

All For Now From Me Now To Hear From You! :>

Default Re: New Suggestions For Dragons!

Nice ideas. :-)

Most have been discussed at length on the forums - please try using the search function to see what has already been said about them. I cannot adequately summarize the threads on each idea.

Yup, most of those are covered in the "suggestion" area of the forum - go take a good read you'll find them there.

As for another island/more property - welllllll that's not in the works as the few devs we have are instead using the time to retool the world we have and bring it along more streamline. The areas you are playing through now were all recently redone to make them more intersting and fun - so they are putting time into that instead of just adding new areas (the old areas redone are almost entirely like new areas though!). And since we only have like..5 devs...they can only do so much.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltra View Post
    ~New Decal Colors And Designs

~ New Head Shapes

~Be Able For Yor Armour To Show (option)
    Hmmm... Have you been peeking into my projects folder or something?

No comment...for now....

There is a little something hidden in the preview section of the gallery though. Will have a more formal post on it in the morning sometime.
    Last edited by Solitaire; June 17th, 2010 at 05:13 AM.

Maybe they are peeking into our thoughts. >_>

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Hmmm... Have you been peeking into my projects folder or something?

No comment...for now....

There is a little something hidden in the preview section of the gallery though. Will have a more formal post on it in the morning sometime.
    MEEEEEEeeeee heads!

AGH! nu! i can't wait DX

Wheres the preveiw section? Lol kinda a forum newbie ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Keltra View Post
    Wheres the preveiw section? Lol kinda a forum newbie ^.^
    http://community.istaria.com/gallery...showgal&cat=14

there^

Ohh Solitaire, if you're on tints already... and you have full access to the models and resources... can you tell us if there's any chance of being able to use default textures for certain parts of the dragon model, like horns, claws, teeth, inner mouth and, one that is usually overlooked but bugs me particularly, eye-whites? Cobal's mod is nice, but personally I'd much rather have horn-colored horns, tooth-colored teeth and claw-colored claws than pink, light blue, stark white, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashuran View Post
    can you tell us if there's any chance of being able to use default textures for certain parts of the dragon model, like horns, claws, teeth, inner mouth and, one that is usually overlooked but bugs me particularly, eye-whites?
    Funny you should ask. My response for each item would be yes, yes, yes, yes and I'm still wondering what to do with the eyes cause of the way they are made. The attached image should pretty much answer it all.

Word of note: This is prototype stage. Changes, tweaks and copious amount of pulling hair out is still required. Other than saying that I hope to release a mod in a few days to give you full color teeth, horns, claws and mouths I will be keeping the rest of the secrets to myself until things are further along.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ahh I LOVE it! Can't wait! The horns on the spiral hatchie there are a little white but I assume that's because the default texture is? Or is that something you're still working on?

If it's a text edit rather than a model re-map I'd love to know how you accomplished it, maybe I could help figure something out.

There's another one too, I noticed that heads and wings do not have highlights applied to them, but I do not know if the highlight maps exist for head and wings. Is that another fix-able thing?
    Last edited by Ashuran; June 26th, 2010 at 12:39 AM.

The horns are that white because they are mapped onto the textures for the teeth. There isn't any texture specifically for horns yet. I have an empty part of the head/wing texture that I'm going to use but I have to modify all the head models that have horns to use the new texture area. Adding that texture is just one part of an overall plan but we have not reached that step yet.

I have not looked at highlights. I'm thinking that there is not any texture for the heads & wings. I think it is using a texture image called "muscle" for the highlights but I'd have to check into it.

Funny you should ask. My response for each item would be yes, yes, yes, yes and I'm still wondering what to do with the eyes cause of the way they are made. The attached image should pretty much answer it all.

Word of note: This is prototype stage. Changes, tweaks and copious amount of pulling hair out is still required. Other than saying that I hope to release a mod in a few days to give you full color teeth, horns, claws and mouths I will be keeping the rest of the secrets to myself until things are further along.
    Oh my. Horn colored horns! It is a joy to see these attempts at getting them to work ^^ That hatchie yawn is adorable BTW.

The horns are that white because they are mapped onto the textures for the teeth. There isn't any texture specifically for horns yet. I have an empty part of the head/wing texture that I'm going to use but I have to modify all the head models that have horns to use the new texture area. Adding that texture is just one part of an overall plan but we have not reached that step yet.

I have not looked at highlights. I'm thinking that there is not any texture for the heads & wings. I think it is using a texture image called "muscle" for the highlights but I'd have to check into it.
    That's what I think I saw too the last time I looked into highlights, I saw maps for the body but none for the head/wings.

I have an empty part of the head/wing texture that I'm going to use but I have to modify all the head models that have horns to use the new texture area. Adding that texture is just one part of an overall plan but we have not reached that step yet.
    If there are any plans for any of this to move beyond "mod" stage and into "patched to the game" stage, does that mean that there's a possibility of having choices during character creation as to horn color? I know there are some who don't use the player white horns mod because they don't want white horns, and I myself actually can't imagine one or two of my characters without the stark white of the player mod. So, if it ever gets to that stage, a choice of natural, stark white like the current mod, or black might be a good idea.

And I certainly would like to see the "natural" mouth be optional, as I definitely want my main character's mouth to stay black.

Not to say that your work isn't appreciated; it is. It's just, as you've said yourself, people tend to get attached to how their characters already look. xP

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

You do not have to worry about having any changes done to your dragon's current appearance. The only slight difference will be the texture on the horns because I need to do that to give me more flexibility. Most likely you would have to specifically look for it to notice, though.

I have a lot of ideas but there are no firm plans at this point. And I won't say more. Nope! Mums the word! My lips are zipped!

Solitaire, have we told you lately how much we love you for all this work you are doing?

I agree with the claws/horns/etc. mod being optional, as some people may prefer their colored parts... but I absolutely love the mod and can't wait for it to be finished, thank you so much for doing this. I have tried to do it myself but could never figure out how and probably didn't have the resources.

Sooo... how's it coming along then? I can't wait!! *impatient grabby claws*

Oh I noticed that most of the NPCs have red eye-whites. I wonder if that has something to do with the thing about the way the eyes were made that you were trying to get around.

And where can I find a good screenshot of Solitaire so I can make it into a Squiby for you?

Aye, Solitaire is awesome he is always thinking of those players who may not want a change - and works to allow those who want to keep things like they "were" to do so .

I'd love the option of one day coloring the bones (teeth/claw/horns/etc.) any old tint we want - Frith really has gold on her bone-parts - though I never really minded my claws and teeth being red (hey blood and all from fighting ya!) - I'd have hated them being blue or purple . So more natural is always awesome too!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information