Thread: Beginner, Journeyman, Expert

Default Beginner, Journeyman, Expert

I am a bit confused as to these levels. Any information I could gain about them would be useful

Examples:

What levels schools do I need to be before I reach Journeyman or Expert (regarding dragons)

Where can I buy appropriate formulas for these levels?

Thanks ^^
    My Dragons:

Fajra Rynn: Ancient female, Helian | Azurae Lani: Adult female, Helian | Ignaz Talan: Hatchling male, Lunus

Default Re: Beginner, Journeyman, Expert

Beginner formulas will teach you whatever versions of an item are available for tiers I and II (levels 1-19 and 20-39, roughly). Journeyman versions teach you versions for tiers I, II, III, and IV (1-19, 20-39, 40-59, and 60-79). Expert versions teach you for tiers I through V (1-100). At all levels, you'll get the best deals from consigners, but the most guaranteed selection from your craft school trainers. Beginner dragon forms are sold in New Trismus, right outside Chiconis, and the Parsinia vault roof. Journeyman and some basic Expert forms are sold in Dralk.

What levels do they start at? I'm currently level 40 DRAG and 33 DCRA. Do I need to be level 40 in both schools in order to reach Journeyman level? Also who in Dralk should I speak with?
    My Dragons:

Fajra Rynn: Ancient female, Helian | Azurae Lani: Adult female, Helian | Ignaz Talan: Hatchling male, Lunus

The dragon crafter trainer in Dralk is a dragon in the floating rock complex: entering from the ramp, take the first left into the satellite rock-with-a-cave-in-it and peek to the left once you're inside. I'd caution you to carefully comb over the consigners in New Trismus, Bristugo, and Aughundell first though-- journeyman forms of all types end up for sale fairly frequently, and 99.9% of the time they will be MUCH cheaper than what the teachers will sell them to you for.

You'll qualify as a journeyman at level 40 crafting, but if you don't have scales with good +crafting skill bonuses, it's probably easier to stick to making tier II items for awhile, since your skills will be so low that you'll be making everything at minimal efficiency.

[EDIT] Your adventuring school has close to no effect on your crafting abilities, by the way. For dragons, if it's much higher than your crafting school you'll have slightly higher base statistics from it (power, strength, focus, dexterity) which will translate to, at best, a few points more in your crafting skills, since they scale with your base stats... barely.
    Last edited by Thicklesip; June 19th, 2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Reading failure

The Chiconis dragoncrafter trainer has beginner and journeyman formula. Head out of town proper southish to the crafting lair at 24022/21661. The essence trainer is right outside the entrance.

By the way, be SURE to do your craft mastery quests every 10 craft levels. The dragon on the Parsinia vault roof (who specializes in beginner spell formula and is the only source for trainer sold primal health and promote intellect) has the first set of those at lv10 craft. The following quests you have to talk to the individual trainers scattered in Dralk and Chiconis. When you can scribe the journeyman formulas will depend on your scalecraft and spell craft skill levels and without your mastery quests done you may not have the skill at exactly lv40 craft.

When you can wear journeyman scales will depend on reaching lv40 (t3) and lv60 (t4) in either craft or adventure. So at your current levels you are able to wear t3 scales but don't yet have the skill to make them yourself, you can get someone else to craft some for you.

Be aware if you depend on a higher level of dragoncrafter to keep scales on they will fall off if you take up lairshaping and it drops your levels below the requirement of your scales. In that case, having adventure as the higher level will prevent such problems if you do a lot of craft school switching.

Dracaena

Thread Information