View Poll Results: Which head version would you want for those dragons that use the original style head?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the original style of khutit head.

14 18.18%
  • Use the new ture to dragon style of khutit head.

63 81.82%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Khutit

Default Khutit

Did not quite make it the next morning as I said in that other thread. But better late than never.

You can download the full size version here.

Yes, you are seeing the different head versions on a khutit. They all are working and showing up automatically in the game. No mods or anything required.

I'm going through my final tweak and polish pass on the models to take care of some places where you can see through the heads and other minor issues. Yes, I know that most of the dragon heads have the same problem but that is a post to come later. These are all adult heads that I grafted on then shortened front to back if necessary so their noses would not be out at arm length.

Now, I do have one question that I wanted to ask specifically of those who's dragons have the head that the original khutit head was based upon. If you know someone who uses that head that does not often visit the forums, tell them to stop by and comment.

On the bottom of the picture, you can see two different versions of that "spikey" head. On the right is the original khutit head. It is a version that was modified to be more bipedal like with forward facing eyes and such. On the left is a version that is more true to the dragon form. Since in effect you would not be getting "something" with this change, I created that version as an option. There is not a lot of difference that leaps out at you but I wanted to have something at least and ask which would version you prefer to have?
    Last edited by Solitaire; June 20th, 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Default Re: Khutit

Bah. Typos. The second option in the poll should read "Use the new true to dragon style of khutit head."

These new Khutit heads look awesome Solitaire! Nicely done!
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Awesome, really! Can't wait to seem them ingame

Solitaire, for those who have a dragon with the original khutit-matching head, is there perhaps a file that we could override into the game to get a really good comparison between the two? Just looking at the one screenshot, I'm not really sure which one I prefer.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Solitaire, for those who have a dragon with the original khutit-matching head, is there perhaps a file that we could override into the game to get a really good comparison between the two? Just looking at the one screenshot, I'm not really sure which one I prefer.
    I second this. Seeing the head-to-body ratio would be nice and perhaps near a landmark of some kind would be nice.

The head to body ratio will be very close to what the current khutit head is. I used it as my guide for most of the heads when I sized them up. The top center head in the image is it's own thing. Hard to judge that one.

Raptress, I'll see if I can get an override file for you.

Regardless of which version that we eventually go with, the original model will remain in the game files. If someone decided that they did not like the new version and preferred the old, they could copy the files into the \resources_override folder and append "04n" onto the end of the file name and the original style of khutit head will return for that head style.

I'll save you the two paragraphs of fangirl squealing and just say that I will be THRILLED to have the proper head shape in khutit. The six-horned head is nice and all, but I like my crocodilian underbite (that's why I have it)!

Can't wait for these to go in!

As one that has the original "spikey" head I have to say I would like to keep the old head - after 6 years I don't think I want to change now

Holth, Ancient Dragon of Order
    Last edited by Holth; June 21st, 2010 at 02:41 AM. Reason: spelling

For those who are curious, here are the new and old versions of the six-horned khutit head:

Old:
    Back
    Front
    Side

New:
    Back
    Front
    Side

As for which I prefer, it's hard to call. The new one is more consistent if all the heads will be represented, but it looks.. too big from the back, and I prefer the old from the side. Whereas the old one doesn't look quite as good from the front.

Ultimately, if I had to pick, I think I'd probably go with old, but that could easily be because I'm used to it. But if it's going to be left in the files, then perhaps the default should be the new one just for consistency.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

It depends which server board I think is which.

This would be really awesome to have in game! I was thinking about this the other day....weird o_O

I think I prefer the new dragon head, it looks more dragon-ish, to me at least.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I have the 6 horned head, I think I prefer the old khutit head as well. It seems to have a better proportion.

A few of the new ones seem too big. Row 1-middle and row 3-middle. Well, really all of them. The shape and look is fine, but they seem a bit big. Can you shrink them a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    A few of the new ones seem too big. Row 1-middle and row 3-middle. Well, really all of them. The shape and look is fine, but they seem a bit big. Can you shrink them a bit?
    Is kinda funny that you say that because I made them bigger on my last pass through them because they all looked too small in game as was commented on by someone I had testing for me. Some of the perceived differences in size in the preview might be because of camera angle and how close it was when I took the shot. In Maya, they all fit very closely to the size and proportions of the original head. Except for 1st row middle. That one I keep scratching my head on cause nothing I do seems to make it fit. The other one that you pointed out is due to the massive size of the nose. Maybe it could stand to be sized down a little even though that would make it smaller than all of them. Physical size might need to give way to how it is perceived.

Many thanks so far on the comments.

though the new ones look great and really "dragonish", I prefer my "old head".
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

honestly .. i prefer the forward-facing eyes of the old head, but then i would prefer that on a full-sized dragon too, so i guess i'm kindof odd in that respect. despite that, having the head shape corresponding to the head shape you have in your natural dragon form is something people have wanted since 2004 (myself included). not having it is part of the reason i hate using khutit form.

can i download this and use it? i'm really for this but is it useable or are you still tweaking it?

I think it would be a good idea to have new heads for the Kutit form of us Dragons. In my opinion, having the origional head that came with the game isn't bad, its just, Doesn't make us look as we are.. With this idea the possabilities of having our heads to look like what do in our proper size would benifit us more then the origional, But.. that is my opinion.

Agh I want... now... any plans to give us all a mod file for override so we can take it for a test drive? *grabby claws*

After seeing the proportions of the head in Raptress' screenshots, I would say the size looks fine. You are probably right that you need to be in game testing to really get the feel of the size.

Thread Information