View Poll Results: Which head version would you want for those dragons that use the original style head?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the original style of khutit head.

14 18.18%
  • Use the new ture to dragon style of khutit head.

63 81.82%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Khutit

Default Re: Khutit

I have not finished my final pass through them yet. Suddenly found myself moving to another state on short notice so I'm in the middle of packing, cleaning and stressing right now.

So gimmie a bit of time to get settled and bring back some semblance of order again.

Oh no! I hope the move goes well, that's a lousy thing to have sprung on you. D: (And, obviously, don't stress your pretty little head about this. )

Overall, the move will be for the better. Although I am going to miss Duluth. It may get flipping cold in the winter time (-30. Works for both F and C.) but the summers here are absolutely perfect for me.

Duluth rocks! MN right? been there a few times! good luck with the move!

Yep. Duluth, MN. Is a nice place. Didn't know if I would like it or not when I moved here but now I certainly don't want to leave. Is the most "home" of any place I've been since I went out on my own.

*nods* moving is tough, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I would like to request another Khutit mod, one that should be easy to just 'attach' to it:

Could you please, please, please modify the gathering sound? I'm not even asking for you to modify the gathering animation, as I understand that'd take a lot of work, but could you please swap the "Swoosh-Swoosh" for the digging sound that dragons normally make outside of Khutit Form?

Surely that'd be a simple "use file xxxxx.wav instead of yyyyy.wav"?

I've gotten complaints from newbies in NT about "being too loud" in khutit form while gathering sandstone, even. And I agree -- it IS too loud.

Blog Entries

Haha, this is awesome Solitare. X3

I have to agree with everyone else thus far, the old six horned head looks better then the new one, but I love what I am seeing with the Khutit models of the newer heads.
    I'll have to download it and give it a spin to see what I really think of it, though I only got one guy who is an adult. (poor ulharisk, always the test bed of punishment)

I also hope your move goes well and that you get their safely. Be a shame to lose a mind like yours.

----------

Dhalin>
    I never heard any differences in the sound volume of any of the animations, they all have the same volume to me, however agreeable that it does seem odd to hear that sound with them.
    But isn't that something more for the suggestion board then here?

----------

Edit:
    Or was going to check it out till I realized I couldn't download it since it is a picture link. Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I would like to request another Khutit mod, one that should be easy to just 'attach' to it:

Could you please, please, please modify the gathering sound? I'm not even asking for you to modify the gathering animation, as I understand that'd take a lot of work, but could you please swap the "Swoosh-Swoosh" for the digging sound that dragons normally make outside of Khutit Form?

Surely that'd be a simple "use file xxxxx.wav instead of yyyyy.wav"?

I've gotten complaints from newbies in NT about "being too loud" in khutit form while gathering sandstone, even. And I agree -- it IS too loud.

Uhmm.... If you are big enough to have khutite form, why are you going to the starting area for sandstone?

Dracaena

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Uhmm.... If you are big enough to have khutite form, why are you going to the starting area for sandstone?

Dracaena
    Could be mining for some newbie's scales or something *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post

Dracaena
    Several reasons.

NT Island rocks for some T1 lairshaping work; people say to go to that geneva place, but the machines and resources are spread out further than on NT, in fact the only thing NT doesn't have, is Azulyte+Crystal Shaper.

Therefor, for anything that doesn't involve Azulyte, NT Island is superior all the way around to anywhere else, given the fact that there are all sorts of crafting machines, and the distances between them is very short, given that it is a newbie island.

Another reason, as mentioned above, and is the particular reason why I was there this past week, is my new dragon hatchling. She was doing T1 spells, but until I brought my dcra100 dragon, she kept digging up 1-3 per dig... meanwhile my dcra dragon is pulling out 10s, and 15s... a whole t5 flying diskload gave her 5+ levelups.

Either way, the sounds that a dragon makes when harvesting is MUCH quieter than the "swoosh swoosh" sound the harvest knife/khutit form makes. And the reason I included it in this thread, is that the OP is messin' around with the khutit form files anyways, right? Wouldn't the sound effect used for harvesting be in khutit_u.def or whatever that file is called? Isn't that one of the very same files the OP has been modifying to get these "new" head shapes to appear?

That's a pretty rediculous thing to complain about... ever hear of a volume control?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    That's a pretty rediculous thing to complain about... ever hear of a volume control?
    Well it is kinda stupid to complain like that, BUT, I can understand where they are coming from.

If I turn the volume down, then I can't hear anything _else_ in the game, as the 'swoosh-swoosh' is louder than Most sounds in Istaria.

Same goes for that one New Trismus track with the loud "spiritual" chanting. If I turn my volume down to accommodate for that, then I can barely hear the other BGM tracks in the game.

But... I've found an effective solution around both:

1). Turn the speakers off when in NT proper (turn em back on after going far enough away from NT)
    2). Swap khutit_u.def for dragonj_u.def (makes khutits look/act/sound like hatchlings).

But not everyone knows how to do this, or even know that it is possible.

I never liked the "bird" sounds the hatchie makes.

Two obnoxiusly loud files to me (and the Significant Other that gets to hear everything):
    harvest00.wav (gathering for khutit/biped)
    and
    recall (which I can't find the wav file for )

Oddly enough, the files are not loud compared to the other files when just played, so it must be something in the definitions that cranks them up. I'll do more poking around and see if I can find cause of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I never liked the "bird" sounds the hatchie makes.
    You mean, during battle? I always thought it was humorous (that, and the horse sound when you get hit... lol. a dragon that sounds like a horse...)

Two obnoxiusly loud files to me (and the Significant Other that gets to hear everything):
    harvest00.wav (gathering for khutit/biped)
    and
    recall (which I can't find the wav file for )
    Thank you so much for pointing out the gathering file -- now I can search for it in khutit_u.def assuming that's where the sound effect setting is. Problem is, this would _only_ solve the problem on _my_ computer, and not everyone else's. I think we ought to just make it standard that we use the digging sound from dragon/hatchling instead of the harvest00.wav.

Oddly enough, the files are not loud compared to the other files when just played, so it must be something in the definitions that cranks them up. I'll do more poking around and see if I can find cause of this.
    Really? Hmmm. Odd. But yes, I know that in game, the harvest sound most definitely drowns everything else out. Heck, I can be in _another room_ and hear the swoosh-swoosh of the harvest sound, when that room's door is closed AND its air conditioner is running. And I'm two rooms away! And I can STILL hear the Swoosh-Swoosh.

As I said above, if I turn the SFX volume, speaker volume, or master control volume down to accommodate for it, then I can't hear anything else in the game at all.

Edit: The recall sound effect is probably in the battle-related sounds area. It is the same sound effect used by some other spells, I believe.

... I think we ought to just make it standard that we use the digging sound from dragon/hatchling instead of the harvest00.wav.
    That does not help if a biped is near you and digging. They use the same sound file.

That does not help if a biped is near you and digging. They use the same sound file.
    Well, not _all_ biped "digging" sounds like that.

It is particuarly, anything they use a Harvest Knife with. Assuming we are both talking about the 'swoosh-swoosh' sound a khutit makes.

A biped using an axe, pick, etc doesn't make that sound. But yeah, I think the harvest00 sound should be turned down in volume somehow.

Well, not _all_ biped "digging" sounds like that.

It is particuarly, anything they use a Harvest Knife with. Assuming we are both talking about the 'swoosh-swoosh' sound a khutit makes.

A biped using an axe, pick, etc doesn't make that sound. But yeah, I think the harvest00 sound should be turned down in volume somehow.
    Open it in a basic wav editing program and decrease its volume two clicks? Not sure if you need to copy that into override or not since it's technically the same file. Same file size and all that. Still trying to find the recall noise. It has to be in here somewhere.

Open it in a basic wav editing program and decrease its volume two clicks? Not sure if you need to copy that into override or not since it's technically the same file. Same file size and all that. Still trying to find the recall noise. It has to be in here somewhere.
    Depends on whether the patcher checks filesize or CRC (or similar method).

If it checks CRC, then it will patch the file, seeing the CRC doesn't match.

Probably better to copy the file to Override.

The problem though, this tweak wouldn't help others' though lol. Just yourself.

Isn't that the point? The sounds just bug us apparently. Why fix something if someone else dosen't think it's broken. For example, I don't agree with changing the khutit to dragon digging sound because the animation wouldn't match

Thread Information