Thread: Racial Cargo Discs

Default Racial Cargo Discs

Was thinking about discs in game when I was crafting some. Dragons have their own special disc appearance. So what I was thinking is why not have a special disc say equal to a tarbash in bulk/# of items, except with a more racial appearance. Like pale blue and black for Fiends (housing colors), or tans, reds and yellows for Saris, etc... Maybe even add a special texture to them.

Mearis
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Default Re: Login name

There are a few of these already. A Dwarven Cargo Disk is available in Aughundell and a Human (sort of) one is available outside of Dalimond. There's also a special one released some years ago, a fish.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Along a slightly different vein.... how about a little bit more difference in the icons for the various disks? When they are in inventory, or vault, under icon view, the various disks of the same material (aka Tarbash Marble, Delux Marble, Standish Marble) look VERY close. There is just a little bit of size difference. The dwarven disk has a really nice and different icon.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There are a few of these already. A Dwarven Cargo Disk is available in Aughundell and a Human (sort of) one is available outside of Dalimond. There's also a special one released some years ago, a fish.
    Ah, but I am a Saris. I do not think it would be that difficult to add a few more cargo discs with special a racial based appearance. Compared to some other events that have been held in the past.

Mearis
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

Default Racial Cargo Discs

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There's also a special one released some years ago, a fish.
    Out of curiosity... where could one get said fishy disk? ^^

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Default Re: Racial Cargo Discs

It was a promotinal disk, you can't get it anymore.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    It was a promotinal disk, you can't get it anymore.
    Awww shame. Would love to be walking around with a fish disk on my saris. I 'm guessing there is no one around anymore with a screenshot of it. >.>

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Awww shame. Would love to be walking around with a fish disk on my saris. I 'm guessing there is no one around anymore with a screenshot of it. >.>
    There's only three or four people on our shard with one seeing as it was a pre-order item. Not sure if I still have a screenie of it or I lost it to a harddrive crash, but I'll see if I can find one. I'm sure someone's got a screenie of it somewhere

It wasn't a pre-order item, it was a fileplanet promo item given to people who downloaded and subscribed from filenet during a few months period back in 2006 I think. I have a promo code myself, but never used it.

Pictures of all the "special" cargo disks. It's not too difficult to change the ugly cargo disks to one of these by modding them in your override folder. No one else would see the shiny disk, but it would be better than the drab granite colored disks

Quote Originally Posted by Mearis View Post
    Was thinking about discs in game when I was crafting some. Dragons have their own special disc appearance. So what I was thinking is why not have a special disc say equal to a tarbash in bulk/# of items, except with a more racial appearance. Like pale blue and black for Fiends (housing colors), or tans, reds and yellows for Saris, etc... Maybe even add a special texture to them.

Mearis
    I like the idea... Every racial town has its own architectural style so why not a disk.

Maybe even add the special event disks back ingame...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information