Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: See, this is why we _needed_ Nadia....

Default See, this is why we _needed_ Nadia....

So I got yet another sad "can't get <x> tale" to tell, here.

It is yet another glaring reason why Nadia should _not_ have been removed until all of the Tier revamps were done.

So, my Biped's cleric is Level 40 and the same character's Warrior is Level 39. I will need a new weapon soon, and that usually means techs as well. Getting through T1 with no techs wasn't too bad, T2 was starting to get "ugh..." as it takes too long to kill anything... I'm definitely finding myself wanting techs on my Tier III and beyond gear.

Well, I look at the tech list... let's see... I can put 2 techs on it, and if I'm doing Cleric and Warrior, I'm going to want a mace. Why make two different weapons (sword and mace), when that means hunting for comps for two different weapons... nah, I'll just make the stupid mace and be done with it...

Hmm, mace... well naturally I'm going to put One-Handed Crush III on it. Checked my dragon, cool, I got the comps required for OHC3... lucky me.

What else to put on this mace, I wonder... Socket? I don't have any Tier 3 crystals, and even then most of them are "10% chance of extra damage" or some-crap... oh wait, Smash III ... Smash is something I use constantly, so that'd be cool.

Red-Backed Spider Eye? Oh I have lots of those on my dragon already!

Snow Beetle _mandible_? Eh? I have Carapaces... that's odd, didn't know mobs could drop 2 different tech comps... heh. Ask around, turns out that yes, snow beetles drop them, but rarely.

Oh well I'll try for it, I thought... so I took my Lv70 dragon out, and getting 400-700xp per kill, I racked up some 40,000 XP (work that out...) and I got...

5 Snow Beetle Carapace
    20 Small Snow Beetle trophies
    4 Snow Beetle trophies
    5 Charms/trinkets/etc
    6 Hoard Items (Bell, Bracelet, 4 axes)
    3 Moneybags
    4 Formulas
    2 Techs

and... *drumroll*

ZERO Snow Beetle Mandibles.

Nice.

Yet another "impossible-to-find" tech comp. Seriously, guys, is there some reason why these stupid things are that dang hard to get? Is there something utterly overpowering about "Smash III" that you decided that it should be ultra-rare? I mean, honestly.....

This is why we _need_ Nadia.

Sure, sure, T1 and T2 revamps have been done... T3 will theoretically come in the future... but what about now when we need these and other comps? I'm sure that maybe, maybe, when T3 revamp is released, maybe the drops will be better balanced...

But what am I to do in the meantime, I wonder?

Nadia should NOT have been removed until the T5 revamp was done, and all of the content re-balanced, and all loot tables fixed. Honest, and straight to the point.

Killing trivial mobs for hours on end for _one_ drop is about as fun as having my teeth pulled without anesthesia.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: See, this is why we _needed_ Nadia....

take heart, dha, she is back on blight and that surely means she is back in istaria for good and all!!!! the money grubbing gold digger is back in bizniz and sticking it to blight as if she had never been away....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I don't know about needing Nadia for tiers before V, but I do know that snow beetle mandibles are pointed to as a reagent for Sharper III kits as well... which means we don't get said kits. Dragons at least have the alternative of Deadly III kits for now, since they're equivalent and ask for Ice Beetle Carapaces, but 1. you have to know they exist and 2. you have to know that the kits are equivalent (plus 2b. they may well get changed to not be the same later) so I can sympathize.

A related rant would be "why do tier III creatures drop fake tech comps that say they're a tech comp but are not actually used for anything?" Especially when they drop more frequently than the REAL tech comp... I'm looking at you, redback spiders.

So I suppose it's less a "bring Nadia back!" (although given how stingy tier V mobs seem to be, I'd like that too...) and more a "please finish removing old and busted technique components from loot tables and from tech use lists."

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    take heart, dha, she is back on blight and that surely means she is back in istaria for good and all!!!! the money grubbing gold digger is back in bizniz and sticking it to blight as if she had never been away....
    Oh please, please let this be real.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Crap now i am out of work in game world 2

way to stick it to the comp hunters Devs
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Well, to be honest, I'd buy comps from comp hunters if comp hunters actually stuck their comps up on the comp consigners... but since they don't... looks like Nadia is my only means of getting my comps.

And btw, you know that Nadia has her prices through the roof, right? Like 1g+ for some of them?

You can *easily* undercut her and still make LOTS of money. Unless, of course, you were price-gouging players with 1g+ prices.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't worry, to the best of my knowledge she was brought back to blight, but for Blight only... though please don't quote me
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Seems like there are other techs that use the snow beetle mandibles but I am not in game right now to look. And I know from listening to others that the carapaces are alot more common then the mandibles.

On the other hand.........I don't ever see you ask to buy comps in Market. I only know about it when you go ranting here on the forums. Considering how many comps there are in game, it makes it hard for any comp hunters to know what the market currently wants. I usually sit on my surplus comps as I have alts coming up but they are leveled slowly. I do sell from time to time. I just don't go hunting random stuff to put on the connie.

I hope to never see Nadia in game again. I missed the glorious day when a group of players on Spirit brought a mob to Bristugo and killed her and some of the other Vielo. That would be more my reaction to her coming back.

Dracaena

PS Thicklesip, don't worry about sharper. Deadly is the better tech for your claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    It is yet another glaring reason why Nadia should _not_ have been removed until all of the Tier revamps were done.
    No, I have yet to ever see any good reasons for bringing Nadia back on the live servers. "Because its hard" or "Because I want it" aren't good reasons I'm afraid.

Tier revamps are not required to tweak a monster's loot tables.

For the record, the odds of getting a Snow Beetle Mandible from a standard Snow Beetle are about the same as getting a Snow Beetle Carapace. However, Small Snow Beetles do not drop the Mandibles so that might be the problem you were having.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 22nd, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, I have yet to ever see any good reasons for bringing Nadia back on the live servers.
    *SIGH*
    Amon, did you take a look at the population of Order recently?

Flame and me are nearly out of comps of all tiers, cause we gave it away to players who weren`t able to hunt for them. And if it was for craft gear/scales.
    Its a sad situation for some players.
    We are no comp hunters- have enough others things to do/play.
    I`m willing to hunt special comps for a friend- but not all the stuff that is needed for new gear/new spells.

We now got everything together for Lupus`, except that !"ยง$% 20 Blue Vex Fringes.
    Though I hate to hunt on Satyr, I do if I have to.
    But is it really necessary that there is so much lag? Its unplayable at many places on all Satyr Islands

All in all- I understand if people leave Order/Istaria for that reason-
    they do not see any chance for improvement.
    They have noone to hunt with, no supportive guild (cause guild is empty)
    and they are tired to beg for comps, tired to spend hours/days hunting for the same comps (like Dhalin and others described).
    Order is missing level 40-80 players/chars. We should do something to encourage them to go on, stay ingame and improve.
    I see nothing like this atm.
    Population of Order is fading dramatically. This has to be said frankly.
    That really makes me sad.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

No, I have yet to ever see any good reasons for bringing Nadia back on the live servers. "Because its hard" or "Because I want it" aren't good reasons I'm afraid.
    Much like Blight, we have a very low population.

When Nellie was away, her absence was noticed because we quickly ran low on food to the point where I couldn't find any that was 20-40 for a couple days. Not sure how others fared for that time.

Haven't seen Art_unity in a couple weeks and his stock is also empty, so there's the other comp hunter 'sides Lov that helps pick up that slack.

It's very weird for a game to depend on one or two people for its needs, unfortunately Order does.

For the record, the odds of getting a Snow Beetle Mandible from a standard Snow Beetle are about the same as getting a Snow Beetle Carapace. However, Small Snow Beetles do not drop the Mandibles so that might be the problem you were having.
    Ah, that is what I was starting to suspect after 4 hours of beetle hunting tonight. I was kicking myself for not checking which ones dropped the two mandibles I did find. I know I killed a lot more small then regular snow beetles, as I was thinking I was finding very few normal snow beetles. I hunted both blizzard valley area and west of Brandon's Shelf, about 2 hours in each location. The mandibles I did find were from the blizzard valley area. Said mandibles were put on the Aughundell connie (Order shard) moments before maintenance server down.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    Ah, that is what I was starting to suspect after 4 hours of beetle hunting tonight. I was kicking myself for not checking which ones dropped the two mandibles I did find. I know I killed a lot more small then regular snow beetles, as I was thinking I was finding very few normal snow beetles. I hunted both blizzard valley area and west of Brandon's Shelf, about 2 hours in each location. The mandibles I did find were from the blizzard valley area. Said mandibles were put on the Aughundell connie (Order shard) moments before maintenance server down.
    Looking at the spawns for Snow Beetles, there are far more Small than standard. We'll fix that with the next patch to Blight so they are more balanced.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon Dose this mean that T 3 T4 and T5 are not going to get revamped ?

Still waiting on Island Drops to get fixed there loot tables on the Island are pulling from the t4 loot tables

also t4 gem golems such as Opal are drooping crystals Is this normal ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Amon Dose this mean that T 3 T4 and T5 are not going to get revamped ?
    No, it doens't mean that at all. But don't hold your breath on the revamps coming anytime soon. Revamps are very very time-consuming and require a lot of planning and work.

Still waiting on Island Drops to get fixed there loot tables on the Island are pulling from the t4 loot tables

also t4 gem golems such as Opal are drooping crystals Is this normal ?
    See the patch notes from past blight patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    It's very weird for a game to depend on one or two people for its needs, unfortunately Order does.
    I sign all you`ve said Shian!

But lets not forget Vortura who supplies us with hard- to get- comps!
    but that makes 2 for the shard (I do not put comps in consi).
    And I haven`t seen Vortura for a while.

Art_unity was one of the players who contacted me (via forum) because of that "blacklist" prob we had.
    Though I gave him all informations I had, I have not seen/heard/read him again
    Maybe someone has his skype- e-mail adress and may try to contact him or Gwenn?

Anyway- I always supported dependedency among the players.
    But this prob might fray Order beyond repair.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Looking at the spawns for Snow Beetles, there are far more Small than standard. We'll fix that with the next patch to Blight so they are more balanced.
    THANK YOU. I almost completely forgot this, but I was so annoyed (and by extension whiny for a few hours) when I got a "kill 30 snow beetle" quest and my final kill count was 28-29 small snow beetles and 1-2 normal-sized snow beetles. And that was with a lot of time spent looking for the normal-sized ones! If the comp IS only from normal ones, just having mroe normal ones to kill will be great, thank you.

And I second the "I'd buy what comp hunters have if only they'd consign it" with an addendum of only just realizing how obnoxious it would be for them to blindly consign everything they have with no sense of what people will buy. Guess I'm back to haunting Marketplace chat, woowoo. Heeeey, Lov, got too much free time?

However, sometimes revamps ARE required to re-balance areas where some mobs spawn (especially undead, which the developers _admitted_ to the fact that some of those areas are poorly designed). Mobs that are insta-repop, swarm you in 2 seconds variety. Mobs that like to spawn 20, 30 mobs in a group and repop as fast as you kill them. Mobs that swarm and kill players 20+ levels over the level of the particular mob in question. Ogres and anything WA are simply lousy for this.

Like... the Tier 3 WA area in Trandalar. Nearly *impossible* to fight anything there until you are far past the content. That doesn't stop T3 techs from wanting those impossible-to-get comps, now does it?

I'm not asking for Nadia back "because its hard" or "because I want her".

I'm asking for her back, because The Order Shard does not have the population to support the needs of the entire shard and those who need comps Cannot, cannot, CANNOT reasonably obtain said comps themselves and few people enjoy hunting trivial mobs solely for everyone else's benefit.

Those who do hunt comps, usually stick to T4-T5.

That doesn't do a T2-T3 person a whole heck of a lot of good, now does it?

Bringing Nadia back would give us a way of obtaining these nigh-impossible to get comps. I can't think of a single reason NOT to.

And I've yet to hear any Dev give us a GOOD reason why she CAN'T be brought back. The prices she charges for her comps, still makes it a chore to gain said comps. Heck, if you wanted to, bring her back, but get rid of the T5 comps. Make her sell T1-T4 only. Even That would be better than nothing.

BTW, on the subject of people leaving Order, I've pondered doing this very thing myself...

Maybe we should just merge Order and Chaos and be done with it... this (extreme difficulty obtaining certain comps) is one of the things killing Order, and it would be nice if actual goods were up on Consigner (last I checked Augh, there's 400 or less items up all week long).

The problem with moving to another server, though, is I'd hate to lose all of those lair rooms (and the lair itself). Ugh. That, and I still know a few peeps that I'd hate to just bail on... but if it weren't for those few peeps, I'd be seriously tempted to novian the freaking lair and move to Chaos just to get some progress on my character (read: Find actual items I need on consigners), TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    BTW, on the subject of people leaving Order, I've pondered doing this very thing myself...

Maybe we should just merge Order and Chaos and be done with it... this (extreme difficulty obtaining certain comps) is one of the things killing Order, and it would be nice if actual goods were up on Consigner (last I checked Augh, there's 400 or less items up all week long).

The problem with moving to another server, though, is I'd hate to lose all of those lair rooms (and the lair itself). Ugh. That, and I still know a few peeps that I'd hate to just bail on... but if it weren't for those few peeps, I'd be seriously tempted to novian the freaking lair and move to Chaos just to get some progress on my character (read: Find actual items I need on consigners), TBH.
    No, no, no. There wouldn't be enough plots to go around and people would be mad and quit same as the original server merge years ago. That was a nightmare sorting out properties and I didn't have any land back then.

I think the majority of the time people find what they need if they will take the time to let it be known what they are looking for. It might take a couple days on market channel depending on who is awake at the time or post on the market forum of order shard you are looking for something. This is a MMO, you have to communicate. We aren't mind readers.

And you know what, the grass is greener on the other side of the fence really isn't. I have a hatchling on Chaos and just as much trouble trying to find comps, as that is my only char there and not in a guild. I have to bust tail trying to find what I need or do without.

Dracaena

Thread Information