Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

Default Re: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Why would you delete rop stuff?!?! I cant log in yet to confirm but is it true all adult dragon statues are gone? I would make dragon statues for special biped friends and give them as gifts, so did all my gifts go poof for them???

pokes chasing* does your biped still have the dragon statue from me?
    Statues are gone, Charged mirrors, Blue Stone.

Looks like everything but the broken staff and Shimmering Scales (Which I would never be able to replace since I have scales from my A'mea, Kier A'mea and her Kier A'mea I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Why would you delete rop stuff?!?! I cant log in yet to confirm but is it true all adult dragon statues are gone? I would make dragon statues for special biped friends and give them as gifts, so did all my gifts go poof for them???

pokes chasing* does your biped still have the dragon statue from me?
    No looks like its gone
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwing View Post
    why were rop items deleted???
    In order for players who were in the midst of the RoP to be able to pick up and complete the RoP quest, we had to delete any instances of items that are part of the RoP quest. The new quests wouldn't be able to advance in many places if someone already had an item in inventory.

I now understand that some RoP items were kept as mementos of the quest or had been given as gifts to thank those who had helped with their RoP. This was not conveyed to the dev team during extensive testing of the quest and so it wasn't understood that some of the instances of the items that still remained were items players would want to hold on to long term. We've been working hard to ensure that if an item is used in or given out as part of a quest, that quest "cleans up" the item somewhere before the quest is completed. Likewise, quest related items are being attuned to players to prevent the player from accidently breaking the quest. The same was done for the RoP related items during the revamp.

Our database administrator has been working through the day on the best way to restore the items which were deleted but the login issues that players are having is taking a higher priority at the moment. We'll do our best to restore the items.

In a future patch, we're talking about introducing an item that players can craft which can be given to express gratitude for assistance. This item would not be linked to any particular quest or in game achievement so that we won't have a problem like this in the future.

I'd ask your patience while we work through the various issues that have come up since yesterday.

In a future patch, we're talking about introducing an item that players can craft which can be given to express gratitude for assistance. This item would not be linked to any particular quest or in game achievement so that we won't have a problem like this in the future.
    I hope dragon adult statues will be one of those we can make and give out. another note for making items as gift it is important for the item to be able to display who crafted it so down the road when the biped sees the item it will say who it was from.

second note, im now in game and I can not make the heart for the myloc quest im still having the same problem intuition/ingenuity skill

EDIT: i just been told it is that intuition is only viewable under the adv option....why a craft ability is under adv i dont know why.
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; June 23rd, 2010 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Our database administrator has been working through the day on the best way to restore the items which were deleted but the login issues that players are having is taking a higher priority at the moment. We'll do our best to restore the items..
    Thank you.

fyi. some of my items were in the vault, some were on my person, and some were in house storage (stuff that was not yet attuned before this patch)

All items will be returned to the vault of the character that owned them prior to the patch.

As I said, we are looking in to a non-quest related item that can be crafted to give something to say "thanks for helping". It won't be the Adult Dragon Statues, as they are a quest item.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    All items will be returned to the vault of the character that owned them prior to the patch.

As I said, we are looking in to a non-quest related item that can be crafted to give something to say "thanks for helping". It won't be the Adult Dragon Statues, as they are a quest item.
    aww crumblies, but i love the statues... i arrange the ones i've been given around my fountain as reminder of the great dragons i've helped. they're all personal reminders!

For the gathering research supplies quest that starts in South March, I found the broken sarcophagi and was only able to harvest 2 grave dust from each before they vanished... Is it intended that you have to visit all 5 tombs to complete that quest? (I only visited a couple of them so far, so I don't know if the Helian or Ashlander tombs even have sarcophagi).

It'd be really nice to not have to run to all of the tombs to gather 10 grave dust, especially since there's another quest series that already sends you through all of the tombs.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    For the gathering research supplies quest that starts in South March, I found the broken sarcophagi and was only able to harvest 2 grave dust from each before they vanished... Is it intended that you have to visit all 5 tombs to complete that quest? (I only visited a couple of them so far, so I don't know if the Helian or Ashlander tombs even have sarcophagi).

It'd be really nice to not have to run to all of the tombs to gather 10 grave dust, especially since there's another quest series that already sends you through all of the tombs.
    The sarcophogi respawn after around 5 - 10 minutes so, if you are prepared to wait, you don't need to run round all the tombs.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Also what are the benefits of doing the rop at lv 50 rather than 30 i would like to know this so i can properly Direct the new blood instead of speaking out of my well you know
    You can get some special scales via a quest I know that. Other than that though I think the main benefit is getting to suffer through being a grounded Glass Cannon and DESPERATELY wanting to fly over the many many things in your way but not being able to for another 20 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by aegor View Post
    The sarcophogi respawn after around 5 - 10 minutes so, if you are prepared to wait, you don't need to run round all the tombs.
    I have all the patience of a left-handed froolap (which don't exist, thus neither does my patience) so I tend to run around instead of sitting. Thanks for the info, though!
    Edit: serving klava in marketplace, I had to sit for a bit, so I did wait after all. If folks are just going to get it all from one site anyway, it really does not make sense to me to limit the amount of dust collected at a time.
    Last edited by awdz; June 24th, 2010 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Also what are the benefits of doing the rop at lv 50 rather than 30 i would like to know this so i can properly Direct the new blood instead of speaking out of my well you know
    Well, I think the big thing is as Amon posted:

Kaa the Shade and Lem the Cold now are better balanced compared to the difficulty intended for the RoP quests. The phylacteries in the RoP quests are no longer used in combating these two particular enemies, and the quest dialog has been adjusted accordingly. They're intended to be challenging lvl 60 enemies, but not so challenging that they require a special weapon to be defeated.

Challenging level 60 enemies... In addition just about everything you have to fight to get quest drops is level 50 or higher. And as we all know, before about level 50, a Dragon's chances of defeating something even 5 levels higher is pretty slim - 20-30 levels is just sort of 'no'.

So, if one decided to do the RoP at 30, they are essentially making the choice to be carried through the content - which is perfectly fine, but in my experience hatchlings rarely understand this and just assume that if they can start the quest, then it's within their ability to complete it.

With the new "Becoming an Adult Dragon: Choose Your Path" quest, hopefully this will be explained.

Not only is it explained that the enemies are a greater challenge to someone who is level 30, it is also explained that only a level 50 HATCHLING will get the quests for making the last scales in the "Scale of the Prime", etc series is.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Discuss the content update for June 2010 here.

------------------------------------
    <snip>
    Items
    Master Nielenoss' Cargo Flyer,
    <snip>
    did this make it to live servers?
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

Okay Scholar teleport scrolls

I understand that this is a good idea and a nice new feature to have, however I have a few bits of feedback

1. Kion and Sslanis teleport tokens cost 1.5s each.

So to sell a teleport scroll for those destinations you are looking at a minimum connie cost of 1.5s or higher per scroll (to roughly break even).

It only costs a new player a couple of copper to use a teleport gate to those destinations, and for a lvl 100 player it is 1s with a fully loaded disc (without a disc its a maximum of 400cc for a lvl 100 player).

This seems unbalanced compared to the normal teleport gate costs. Who would use the scrolls when you can port with a disc thru a normal teleport gate to those destinations for less than the cost of making the scroll.

2. Chiconis and Dalimond teleport tokens cost 3s each.

Exactly the same applies as in point 1., however this time the minimum connie cost would be 3s per scroll.

Again this seems unbalanced compared to normal teleport gate costs.

Who is seriously going to buy a teleport scroll to a destination that they can get to cheaper and with a cargo disc by using a teleport gate?

3. I can see a 'one off' use of a teleport scroll for a new player to get to a destination that needs attuning, but doesn't that sort of nullify the idea that they need to be attuned to in the first place??

Why bother having destinations that need attuning when you can just use a scroll (if they can afford the scroll in the 1st place).

4. Are their going to be teleport scrolls to destinations that don't currently have nearby teleport gates?.

For example you could have scrolls that goto the different towers in the game (nature tower and magery tower are good ones i can think of).

Summary
    I think you need to relook at the teleport scroll token costs, attuning of destinations, and/or look at the current teleport gate costs to bring them in line with the potential scroll costs (don't flame :P)
    Last edited by Chasing; June 25th, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Chasing, they aren't meant to replace teleport gates. They are meant to supplement the use of gates, particularly for adventurers who are out somewhere, nowhere near a teleport gate, and need to return to civilization.

1 and 2) Yes, they do. They aren't meant to be cheap. They aren't meant to replace teleport gates. Remember, you pay for convenience.

3) Well, for starters the scrolls are level restricted. So, a new player isn't going to be able to use a Kion Travel Scroll until they are level 15. At which point they have very likely already been in Kion for a while. Same holds with Sslanis. Chiconis and Dalimond require you to be level 30. It will go up from there for Feladan, Mahagra, Kirasanct and Aughundell. No others will be available.

4) Travel Scrolls will only be available for the main cities.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; June 25th, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    1 and 2) Yes, they do. They aren't meant to be cheap. They aren't meant to replace teleport gates. Remember, you pay for convenience.
    I have a question though. Let's say I'm in the middle of nowhere, and I want to get somewhere. Let's say that I knew beforehand that I was going to want to port out from the middle of nowhere.

Now, why would I not just recall, if there's such a large cost attached to the scrolls? Why would I pay much more to port to, say, Dalimond, when I can just hop to Kion and use the Kion gate to get to Dalimond?

I really like the idea of teleport scrolls btw. But the way they're implemented right now, I just don't see myself using them much in my daily adventures in Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    I have a question though. Let's say I'm in the middle of nowhere, and I want to get somewhere. Let's say that I knew beforehand that I was going to want to port out from the middle of nowhere.

Now, why would I not just recall, if there's such a large cost attached to the scrolls? Why would I pay much more to port to, say, Dalimond, when I can just hop to Kion and use the Kion gate to get to Dalimond?

I really like the idea of teleport scrolls btw. But the way they're implemented right now, I just don't see myself using them much in my daily adventures in Istaria.
    Have to agree with Xarog here as well, I can see no place where i would need to use a teleport scroll (I would just recall and use one of the many 'free' teleports), nor do I see a need for me to make them either (I dont think they would sell to be honest (in their current implementation)).

PS Sorry I didnt realise they were lvl restricted. That bit makes sense with the attunings.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

My question is whether (assuming you have a teleport-ok cargo disk) you can use these scrolls while a cargo disk is attached. That could make for a pretty nice market, actually: instead of running out to the middle of nowhere, gathering resources, and running back to town, just use a scroll and BAM! For people with money to throw around, probably VERY worth it.

Thread Information